I: Old Friends.

Love Alone. (P: Scared to Death.)

 

It was the start of January 2012. For the past month, Siwon had been thinking about one thing and one thing only: Wang Fei. Siwon remembered everything so vaguely when she walked through that door that day.


September 16, 2002

"Class..." Sir Park said.

"Claaass..." He called again.

Siwon sighed and stood up, "EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP QUIET." It got silent, and everyone sat properly, facing Sir Park.

"Thank you, Siwon." He clapped. Siwon nodded his head then took his seat.

"Today, we'll be having a new student join us. Please welcome Ms. Wang Fei."

A girl with her dark-brown hair up in a ponytail walked into the room shyly. The uniform fitted her nicely, showing her light figure. She wasn't that skinny; she was just as good as a girl should be. Siwon stared at her beautiful porcelain-like face.

"Nihao. Please call me Fei." She greeted with a small smile. She then caught the boy looking at her. She blushed a bit then looked away.

'So she's Chinese...' Siwon thought.

"She is a transferee from Beijing but she can understand Korean, am I not correct, Fei?"

Fei nodded then pushed her bangs behind her ear, "I can speak Korean, but I'm still confused with some words...I can also speak some English, since it was a required subject in our curriculum."

She then turned to the class, "Please, take care of me." Then bowed.

Sir Park nodded, "Please take a seat by the window in front of Kyuhyun. Mr. Cho, would you be kind enough to raise your hand for Ms. Wang?" Siwon looked at his brown haired friend raise his hand, smiling brightly. Fei nodded and headed to her seat. Siwon looked back at her.

"Now class, why don't we get back to where we left off yesterday..."

Fei felt his stare on her, so she turned her eyes to him as she opened her notebook. They looked at each other’s eyes for one moment then Fei smiled as she blushed, turning back to her notebook. Siwon smiled a bit then looked back at Sir Park.


He always felt his spine curd when he looks into her eyes. And he missed that feeling, so very much.


Fei sat in front of the laptop watching Super Junior's 'No Other' MV. She'd been replaying it several times now... Just to listen to his lines.

Jia had been watching Fei's lovesick self for the past hour. Min groaned as she walked into the room, "She's still watching that?"

Suzy looked at her friend concerned, "What do you think happened?"

Jia looked down, 'Siwon happened.'

"We're gonna have to find out sooner or later. JYP is getting worried."

Jia smiled at the thought. JYP had taken care of them like his own daughters for the past few years; and he didn't want any boy interfering with the hearts of his girls. Jia wanted to tell him so badly, but she knew if that happened, a South Korean War would commence between the two entertainment networks if JYP just blew up about Siwon. That would just make her lose Fei's trust.

Jia opened her phone to call Yenny over but noticed a name in her contacts.

'Cho Kyuhyun.’


'Naeil ddakddaekhan mitmithan neomu neomu...' Kyuhyun sang mentally in his head.

RING RING

"yaw bo seh yo?" Kyuhyun greeted.

"Kyuhyun?" Kyuhyun froze at the voice.

"Jia?" He looked at Siwon, who was deep in thought. He then walked out of the kitchen, covering the mic of his phone.

"How are you, Jia?" He asked nervously.

"Fine. Fei isn't." Kyuhyun's chest felt heavy at the sentence.

"What happened?"

"You tell me. She's been watching Siwon's face for the past hour."

Kyuhyun raised his brow, "Bwo?"

"What happened at the MAMAs last month? She said she was tired but I know that it wasn't because of jet lag that morning."

Kyuhyun was confused, "I don't know."

"Ask Siwon." Jia growled before hanging up.

Kyuhyun looked at his phone screen, he knew the older boy did something to get Jia riled up.

He then selected new message to Jia.


RING RING!

"Hello?" Fei asked.

"Hi, Fei Fei!" Fei's eyes widened at the sound.

"K-Kyuhyun?"

He laughed, "Boy, don't you stutter a lot? Like how you were when I met you~!"

Now it was her turn to laugh, "How'd you get my number?" She asked.

"I have my sources." She heard him say. She giggled.

"Do you have any plans tomorrow?"

"Um... Hold on." She grabbed her planner to see nothing written for the next day.

"No... Why?"

"Do you wanna hang out tomorrow?"


"Glad you could make it, Fei!" Kyuhyun smiled at the girl.

She wore a pink jacket and her light brown hair was down in curls. She had her sunglasses on.

"Well, I wasn't gonna mope around the dorm all day." She joked.

"Shall we go?" He held out his arm.


September 16, 2002

"Fei!" Fei turned her head to the side to see Kyuhyun waving at her from their table.

"Hey, Kyu." She greeted as she approached them.

"Wanna sit with us?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Kyuhyun, I believe we don't have an extra seat on the table." The girl next to him said.

Siwon raised his brow, "Mi-Hyun, maybe it's because you have your feet up on the seat next to mine."

Mi-Hyun huffed then took her feet off the seat.

"Uh... I'll just find somewhere else to sit." Fei said.

"We insist, Fei. Clearly, there are no other places to take." Siwon interjected, getting off his seat.

"Well... Okay." Fei made her way to the seat. Siwon pulled out her seat for her, making her blush.


"Fei?" Kyuhyun asked, waving his hand in front of her eyes.

"Eh? Yeah, let's go!" She said, grabbing his arm.


Hours later...

Kyuhyun had dropped off Fei at their dorm earlier. He opened the door slowly, to check if anyone was still awake. Widening the door after confirming to himself the coast was clear, he tiptoed into their dorm. He walked into the living room quietly, only to be greeted by Leeteuk in a chair looking like a boss; even if he was wearing strange PJs.

"Good evening, Kyuhyun."

"Good evening, Leeteuk..." Kyuhyun greeted.

Leeteuk stood up, "Where were you? It's past ten." He asked. This is probably one of the only times he had the chance to ask him this question while Kyuhyun is sober.

"I was with a friend."

"AISH-BA-AIKO!!" The two turned to the sound, whom turned out to be Eunhyuk, who sounded like he fell out of his bed.

Leeteuk sighed heavily and stood up, "We are not done with this, Kyuhyun." Leeteuk said then walked away.


Fei walked into the dormitory with her face covered with her scarf. She looked around, not noticing JYP bumped into her.

"Aya, mia— Jin-ssi!" Fei said with wide-eyes.

"Fei! What are you doing out?" JYP asked, dismissing his assistance crew and pulling Fei aside.

"I was just with a friend."

"That friend better not be a boy, Fei." JYP said, going on overprotective father mode.

"It was a boy; but he has a girlfriend!" That was a lie.

JYP sighed in relief, "Good. You know how I feel about my girls when they're with boys. I don't want you getting hurt and I don't care if they're in our network."

"I know, Jin-ssi. You want us to focus on our careers—“

"I didn't only mean about your careers, Fei. I also meant I don't want hurt get in the way of how you feel about everything."

Fei looked at JYP shocked until she pulls up a soft smile, "Thank you, Jin-ssi." She said, hugging the older man. JYP chuckled then wrapped his arms around Fei before replying, "You're welcome."

He pulled away and said, "You still have dance rehearsals for comeback next month, so go back to your dorm and get your beauty sleep. Bye dear!" He patted Fei's head before going off.


Next morning...

Kyuhyun yawned as he got out of his bed.

"What were you doing with Fei yesterday?" He heard.

Kyuhyun chuckled, "Wouldn't you like to know?" He turned to see Siwon with his arms crossed as he leaned on the doorway, glaring at him.

"You left her hanging when we were high school." Kyuhyun said.

Donghae's voice cut in, "Hey guys, have you seen my—“ he looked up from his phone then saw Siwon's furrowed eyebrows over his glare staring at Donghae, and Kyuhyun wearing a smirk on his face.

Donghae never saw Siwon like this before, so he blinked then slid out of the scene.

Siwon turned back to Kyuhyun, "Just answer my question; what were you doing with Fei?" He asked bitterly.

"I was just hanging out with my best friend that you always left standing for her own." Kyuhyun said.

Siwon's eyes widened, but he continued to glare at the younger man. Kyuhyun's smirk just grew as he walked past Siwon whispering, "That was your own fault." Kyuhyun walked to the kitchen, leaving Siwon just standing there, thinking back.


"Siwon?"

Siwon groaned, "What is it now, Fei? Can't you see I'm busy?"

January 6, 2003

"Sorry, it's just... Jia has something to do, Kyuhyun isn't around to go home with me and—“

"And what? You want me to go home with you?" He said annoyed.

Fei huffed, "Since it sounds like you don't, I'll just go by myself." She said then she picked up her things and headed out. Siwon's guilty eyes trailed after her.

Siwon had been acting strangely that week and Fei wanted to know why. But he keeps pushing her away.

About an hour later...

RING RING!

Siwon groaned and picked it up without checking the caller, "Yes, who is this?"

"S-Siwon?"

Siwon raised his brow, "What is it, Fei?"

"Si—“

"Who are you talking to over there?" He heard, followed by groaning, swearing, scratching sounds and screaming. The line suddenly dies.

Siwon widened his eyes. And this seemed all too familiar. He then remembered rumors about girls getting a few blocks from their school when you turn right. He shot out of his seat then grabbed his bag before running out the door.

Few minutes later, Siwon arrived a few blocks away from school and heard screams.

Fei's screams.

He ran into to the alley and saw three familiar boys. Behind them was tear-stained Fei with her hair ruffled loose, her uniform blazer ripped, polo ed, revealing her white bra. She was panting, unconscious and was pinned against the wall.

"President Siwon. Nice to see you." One of them said. Siwon, enraged, threw his bag to the ground then proceeded to attack the boys. The boy holding Fei dropped her and went after Siwon.


Fei woke up to see Siwon managing to knock one more boy out. He saw Fei waking up.

He ran to her then stooped down to her level, "Fei? Are you alright?" He stared at her as he touched her face. She nodded her head as she tried to get up, but she just groaned in pain. Siwon pursed his lips and looked around, "Where are your things?"

Fei pointed behind a dumpster and Siwon searched for it behind the dumpster. He pulled it over his shoulder and walked over to his own bag to pick it up. He walked over to Fei and scooped her up afterwards. He fixed up his position to make it more comfortable for both of them then he proceeded to walk to Fei's neighborhood.

"Siwon?" He looked down at her.

"Mianhae." She said softly.

Siwon raised his brow, "Why?"

"For being such trouble to you."

He chuckled, "I promise you I've seen worse. And I shouldn't of let you go home alone."

Fei looked up at him, "I'm still sorry."

"Well, don't be. Because from now on I'll take you home. Understand me?"


"At least I was there when you weren't." He said lowly. He didn't realize that Donghae and Leeteuk witnessed the conversation.

Donghae looked at their leader, "I don't understand what just happened…"

Leeteuk sighed, "We'll just have to dig deeper."


I still at writing.