Kim Jong In which I’m hoping that it’s not the Kim Jong In I think it is

In Sickness and In Health

 

He passes on a slip of paper.

 

MEAL COUPON!

From the one and only Kai, you better feel special. This’ll never happen ever AGAIN. Use it wisely.

I’ll treat you to lunch, anywhere. This is payment from saving me from Saerom’s demands.

Expiration Date : Never

 

I just chuckled, funny how he even put the effort in making this coupon. I’ll keep this and blackmail whenever, an evil grin spread through my face.

I’ll use it when the time is right.

“Well, thank you for the generous offer! I feel honored to get a coupon from THE KAI.”  I sarcastically reply, rolling my eyes.

Kai just smirks, “You should be.” He smugly replies.

Sehun finally bursted in laughter. Who knew Kai would be so childish and make a coupon?

That he didn’t expect.

 

“Hae Ra, your dad and I came to an agreement that we’re going to marry you off to our business partner’s son.” My mom non-chalantly announces, as if it were normal to marry off your daughter without her permission.

But I’m not really surprised.

My parents were the reason why I lost faith in humanity in the first place. They were the ones that turned me into my cynical self.

They do anything just to get what they want. It doesn’t matter how, they just will. They do everything for their own benefits. I’m not surprised that they won’t even take into consideration about my feelings.

They never had.

“Who is it?” I ask, not really shocked or anything.

“Shouldn’t you be a bit surprised upon the news?” My dad asks, I’m surprised they even think I have feelings.

“I already saw this coming, you know. That includes you marrying me off to some stranger because of business.” I coldly spat while my parents just cleared their throats.

“Uhh— He’s the son of the owner of Kim enterprises, our longest business partner. You know how much we’ve gone with them.” My mom stiffly says.

I nod, “There never goes a day where you don’t talk about them.” I mutter under my breath.

Even if they heard it, they didn’t show it nor did they react.

“Their son is a very well brought up person, he’s good-looking, smart, polite and a very nice young man. He is going to be the future heir of their company. He’s perfect for you.” My dad tries to sugar coat the whole issue. I want to roll my eyes but that would be disrespectful.

“We wouldn’t be arranging the marriage in the first place, if we knew he wouldn’t be compatible with you.” My mom reassures.

Oh, I’m sure they even considered that. Not at all.

First of all, the list of adjectives they have used to describe my future spouse is already baloney. Someone can’t be a mixture of good-looking, smart and polite at the same time. If that were the case, then perfection wouldn’t be so impossible.

 

 

“Here they come, cross your legs Hae Ra!” my mom straightens up from her seat when the Kim enterprise representatives came in with an unidentifiable young man.

Atleast, it’s a young man and not a 40+ year old man. I’m relieved, my parents even considered s.

“I’m very apologetic that we are thoroughly late upon this meeting!” Mrs.Kim apologized sincerely, and I just smiled politely, “It’s fine, on the other hand. It’s very nice to finally meet you!” I smile.

We’ve been waiting for a damn hour, it was about time they came.

“It was very hard to drag my son all the way here.” Mr.Kim said, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

See what I told you? The description about my soon-to-be husband was baloney.

If he were so damn polite and kind, he wouldn’t make people wait.

“Jong In, stop sulking and introduce yourself!” his mom elbows him, muttering out the words so that we couldn’t hear, but I could anyway.

I was smiling until realization dawned up on me. Jong In?

From the Kim enterprises?

Kim, Jong In.

.

Calm the hell down Hae Ra! There are many more Kim Jong In’s in the world than Kai. Yeah, that’s right.

What are the odds, right?

I smile as I turn to face, ‘Kim Jong In which I’m hoping that it’s not the Kim Jong In I think it is’