Secrets Known And Unknown

Of Love and Games
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5

Secrets Known and Unknown

 

 

Niel’s steps slow down as he passes the North dorm on his way back from personal vocal lesson in the evening. Almost a week ago, he had woken up alone in the hotel room, groggily wondering about Minsoo-hyung’s memories in his mind. He almost believed that he had imagined the whole episode. But when he had gone down to pay for the room, the manager had told him that the expenses had already been covered.

 

It lightened his heart considerably and he had ventured to find Minsoo-hyung the same evening. But to his disappointment, his room had been locked. He realised that they hadn’t exchanged numbers, either.

 

Chunji had re Monday, a little grouse about the fact that Minsoo had disappeared when they had gone out drinking. Niel did not add his side of the story. It made him feel very guilty but it wasn’t as if Chunji actually loved Minsoo-hyung like he did. In fact, he seemed to have forgotten all about him in the next few days as he was being wooed by an unbelievably pretty ballerina senior.

 

Niel had visited Minsoo’s room a few times after that but did not find him.

 

Even tonight, he wondered if he ought to go but the surge of dismay that rose up in him on failing was too great. Maybe hyung had some urgent work. He would definitely contact him when he was back, right?

 

 

-----

 

 

He had been studying for a few hours when his phone beeped.

 

Guess who’s back, hyung!!! ^w^ Wanna go out for dinner? I’m craving some Thai food!

From: Ricky

At: 2033

 

Niel smiled and sent an affirmative reply, asking him to meet him near the library.

 

“Hyung!” Ricky cried out as soon as he saw him, “I missed you so much!”

 

Niel patted the younger boy’s head. “I missed you, too. How’s your father now?”

 

“Ah, he’s fine, he’s fine. It wasn’t a big deal. He just overworked himself. They exaggerate things so much at home! Shouldn’t they care that I am in the final year in high school now?”

 

“Do you really need to worry so much? As long as you keep up your grades, you get promoted to the university, too, don’t you? You should really worry more about your father!” Niel chided him.

 

Ricky pouted. “Ah, but I don’t like going home.”

 

“Really? You have a personal Jacuzzi and you don’t like going home?”

 

Ricky rolled his eyes. “It’s a cage, hyung. It’s a golden cage. Even though they let me enrol in an arts high school, you just see. They’ll drag me away to follow in my father’s footsteps! Ah, but let’s not talk about it! I’m not supposed to reveal all this.”

 

Niel shook his head. “And yet I know all about it. Seriously, Ricky, have you really only told me or does everyone know you are Yoo Chan Ho’s son?”

 

“Shhhh!!!!” Ricky said, putting a finger to his lips. “You’ll get me in trouble, hyung!”

 

Niel’s eyes kept darting around, looking for Minsoo as they walked to the Thai restaurant near the university. He was beginning to get worried, too. Why was Minsoo-hyung missing? They had gone too fast from being just a senior and junior to kissing each other. Even if they had gotten attracted at first sight – and Niel was sure Minsoo-hyung must have felt the same since he responded to him – they practically knew nothing about each other. Niel hadn’t even known hyung’s real name when he had fallen for him!

 

 “What’s on your mind?”

 

He must have seemed really distracted for the hyper young high school boy to notice his abstraction.

 

“Ah, nothing, nothing. There’s just so much work nowadays. You don’t slack off, either, okay?”

 

Ricky nodded. “I won’t.”

 

“Okay, then, good night, Ricky-ya, don’t cause trouble,” Niel told him as they reached the high school dorms.

 

Ricky hugged him and kissed his cheek. “Sure, hyung! Good night!”

 

Niel watched him go in and then turned to go back to his own room.

 

He had met Ricky a few days after coming to college. Ricky had gotten into a fight with some guys, and was being chased when he ran into Niel. He had looked up at the older boy with teary eyes and hidden behind him. So even though all the other three boys were bigger and stronger than Niel, he had stood up to them and threatened them as a senior. Ricky had been impressed at first sight.

 

Later, Niel realised that it was his new young friend who had caused all the trouble and the guys who had been chasing him were probably good students who did not want to beat up an innocent by-stander. He had scolded Ricky but the latter was enthralled by him. Ricky could be obnoxious when he wanted and hadn’t made many friends in high school. So he seemed to stick to Niel every chance he got.

 

A few weeks back, Ricky had revealed to Niel that he was actually the son of the powerful politician, Yoo Chan Ho. Niel had burst out laughing and it had taken a few pictures and an impromptu video call to the politician himself to convince Niel that Ricky wasn’t lying to him. He had sat stunned, gaping at the boy.

 

“It’s a secret, okay?” Ricky said to him. “I should not tell this to anyone because I was sent here for safety concerns, too. I didn’t want to have a bodyguard following me around and maki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter