The Hard Life of Being A Princess

Royally in Love

if you want to play the background music, just press on ^-^

Wearing a plain white t-shirt and a black skinny jean, she cautiously looked around her surrounding and tightly hold her pouch as if her life depended on it. It was a Saturday afternoon and the sky is clear and beautiful and she was disappointed that she couldn't go out and do what normal teenagers her age would do. She was practically stuck in the palace to do her extra lessons like mannerism, studying the culture of Korea or even worst, they are teaching her how to act like a proper lady.

 She looked at the entrance of the Jibokjae, the Private Royal Library, to check if there were guards in the entrance and it looks like lady-luck was on her side. She made quick and quiet steps inside. Even though she knows that there are cameras all over the place, she hoped that the guards are being lazy and not checking the monitor the moment she entered there. For a moment she want to be alone.

In the Jibokjae, there are two octagonal pavilion located inside and she always go to the abandoned pavilion, which is the Parujeong. There are no cameras in there and if ever she get caught in the camera going inside the library, she can hear the loud guards and immediately get go down the ladder and head to the first floor.

She climbed the ladder to go to the second floor of Parujeong. In there, it stores a lot of books and some photo albums of her family, the first royalties that came after her.

"I hope I don't get caught until an hour or so." she said and quite irritated by the fact that she can't do anything according to her own will.

She immediately opened her pouch and took out her mini iPad and her Samsung Galaxy SIII.

"I hope it's released already." she muttered to herself and started surfing the internet through her iPad. Many people might think that she is living a luxurious life, enjoying everything that many cannot have, but they are wrong. In the palace, everything is monitored. The history of her computer are check daily and she don't even have a T.V. in her room well, technically she does, but that is just for a show whenever some guests would come. Her T.V. don't even have decent channels on them. She would often question herself of what is the point of having a SMART T.V. when she can't even watch some dramas in there except for the news?

But just like the others, she is still a 20-year old. Watching the new episode of the drama, Queen of Ambition, she was drowned in her own little world.


"The Princess is missing...again." the security guard muttered in his microphone that connects to every royal guards. Commotion inside the palace happened again. Everyone was scattered all over the place, trying to look for the missing Princess.

"What is going on?" the Queen asked calmly, yet her voice was demanding for a quick answer. Wearing her hong wonsam and the traditional headdress, she looked even more superior.

"Yeowang, her instructor informed us that she cut from her lesson again. She said that she will make a quick trip to the restroom and it's been 1 hour and she hasn't returned yet." he said and bowed apologetically to the Queen.

The Queen shut her eyes off for a second and breathe heavily. "Find her immediately and send her to my room." she said and walked away along with her two personal maid.

"Mr. Yun, I think she is inside the library." one of the Royal guard yelled from the small room where all of the monitor that connects to the cameras are located at.

"Hurry up!" he said and just like that, almost 10 guards made their way to the Jibokjae.


"Curse you, Mr. Yun." she growled as soon as she heard the steps of the guards. She looked at the small hole and packed all of her stuffs and went down the stairs and closed the door. It was like a secret passage that many people don't know how to get to.

She put on the best poker face she can have and wait for the guards to find her in the first floor. In less than 3 minutes, they are inside. They were panting heavily because they ran from the Gyotaejeon, the Queen's quarter, to the library.

"Princess Jessica." they chorused and bowed to show her respect to her. Mr. Yun, being the main guard, went closer to Jessica and bowed. "The Queen asked you to be in her room, immediately." he said and Jessica just rolled her eyes.

"Do you have the car? I hope you don't expect me to walk from here to there. That would take an hour for me." she said coldly and one of the guards motioned his hand to get the car quickly.

"The car is outside, your Highness." Mr. Yun said. Clenching her jaw tightly, she made her way out of the room. "For the record, you guys found me 10 minutes earlier. I should probably change my hideout." she said bitterly as if everything was like a game of hide-and-seek and went inside the white BMW car and slammed the door shut.

"What are you waiting for Kim Jongin? Drive. Now." she ordered and rubbed her temple to at least ease her infuriated self.


"When will you ever grow up, Jung Sooyeon?!?" the Queen yelled as soon as she entered the room and the servants closed the door.

"Will you tone it down, Mom." she said and rolled her eyes. She know very well that the room is soundproof but honestly, she just don't want to hear her nagging about the same things.

"You are 20 years old, Jessica." a sigh escaped her thin lips as she paced back and forth. "You are not any of those regular teens. You are a Princess... the Princess of Korea. But right now, you are acting way far from that! Do you know that?" she questioned her and directly looked at her. "Grow up, please."

"When will you let me grow up, huh?" this was the first time she ever said that to her mother, the Queen. That question always lingered on her mind and for the first time, she had the courage to say it to her. "When will you let me have friends? Go to camping and attend a normal school, not with bunch of level headed kids that just want to be friends with me because they know I am a princess?" she breathe heavily as she felt the burden on her shoulders fall off. Does her mother know how hard it is for her to go all these?

"Sooyeon-ah..." her mother said and slowly walked to her and engulfed her in a big hug.

"I know you didn't want all of these. Neither did I. But, think about your father and his family. We are the only direct ancestors they have left that will continue what they have started. They only have, you." a muffled cry was heard in the room and the Queen the crying Princess' hair and muttered that everything will be okay.

"I-it's tiring, Umma." she softly whispered in between her sobs. It was one of those days were she was back to being a kid. Crying to her mom because her doll fell off the fountain or when her father died.

One of the things she hated was crying. Even in front of her mother, she hated it. She hates feeling vulnerable and fragile, but everything is locked inside her and today is the day she let out all of her frustrations.

"I know. I know." her mother whispered in her ears and kissed the top of her head. "I'm sorry that you have to go through all of these." she said and hugged her even tighter, trying to stop her from crying.

She let go of her mother and rubbed her eyes and sniffed a little bit. "It's not like I can choose who I'm going to be right?" she said and looked down, disappointment was written in her face. Her mother saw it, and heaved a sigh. Jessica bowed to her mother and left the room, startling the servants that are patiently waiting outside of her room.

Her mother went to her bed took out the King's picture that is in her drawer and carressed it with her fingers.

"Do you think our little girl is ready for all of these? How will I say to her that she needs to get married? Tell me?" she softly whispered and tears run down her cheeks as she hugged his picture tightly.

"Don't you think your too much? Making me go all through this alone..."


tumblr_m91nlsesg81ruwgl1o1_500.gif?w=714

A/N: WOW! I got 17 subscribers *cries* I didn't know people will actually subscribe XD
But, anyways~ Chapter 1 is up! Sorry if there are errors and stuff, English is not my first
language and I am not the best student in English LOL y sica for all of you....XD