...The Beginning, I Guess...

I Don't Need A Man... Or Do I?

The first thing the feminine male was aware of when he woke up was the cool and familiar pressure of the metal letter that pressed on his neck. The letters- three 'I's and two 's'- were like his anchor in life.

These letters each stood for something- Independent, Incredible, Intelligent, Strong and Single. He and his two friends have proudly donned these necklaces since the eighth grade, meaning they were practically attached at the hip.

Some respected them for being able to go without a partner intentionally while others avoided them, thinking them foolish. Their independence wasn't because they were avoided. Quite the opposite, actually.They were the most feminine males you would see in an all-boys school anyway.

See, they decided to avoid relationships for two simple reasons.

They were competely rational reasons.

If you avoided relationships, you wouldn't have your heart hurt and broken.

If you were in relationships, you would eventually become too heavily dependent and be thrown completely off kilter when you were eventually left alone.

It wasn't because they were afraid. Of course not.

...Or was it?

Shaking his head, Chanhee prepares for his day and meets with his friends outside of their neighborhood.

The youngest, Changhyun, was a bright ball of sunshine, as always. Chanhee still was completely baffled as to how. The boy always seemed as though the world was all rainbows and butterflies.

Daniel, who was normally loud and boyant, looked as though he had been slapped in the face by a fish. When Chanhee raised an eyebrow in question towards the thick-lipped boy, the latter merely shook his head, signaling that he wouldn't want to discuss now. Chanhee merely dismissed this, deciding that if it was extremely important, Daniel would've told him.

How wrong he would turn out to be.

As they began their trek to school with Chanhee in the lead, said male turned and found himself promptly meeting the ground as the stranger in front of him pushed him down.

Hi! I just figured that I would give you all a beginning chapter instead of being one of those authors that takes forever to update... It is basically just an introductory chapter and the story will begin to pick up soon... I hope...