Meet Han Na

Love at a Distance (거리에서 사랑)

 

BELLA'S

 

 

An hour in the Shin Motor's CEO's office lightened my mood. Considering what I've been through- the mighty persuation, almost a month of over time at the office back in LA, virtual presentations and the such- before deciding to come over to see the CEO personally were all worth it.

I arrived fifteen munutes earlier than the scheduled time. Good thing i was picked up by the company service forty minutes before. I can say that Mr. Shin Soo hyun himself was impressed with the effort of meeting him and being at the meeting venue ahead of time. What I didn't expect about the CEO is that, he seem has a very bubbly  and light personality, which business- minded royalties don't often have. His family and the company employees are lucky having him.

The whole duration of the so-called meeting was more of a casual conversation between long- time friends. Mrs. Lara Shin, the CEO's wife, came over about fifteen minutes after the meeting started. She was beautiful and nice. Both are perfect with each other. In the end I got the deal. Yeah.

"Their children are fortunate having parents like them," I softly blurted out to myself. I'm currently in a coffee shop just a couple of blocks away from the company. I'm sipping my favorite chocolate frappucino looking over the shop's glass wall.

"Pfft. I suddenly miss mom. Shuld call her? Next time perhaps." I looked at my phone and put it in my purse. I think it's a nice time to wander around Seoul. I'm still in my office attire with a formal bun. Guess I have to change outfit before going around. I should go back to the hotel first.

I went to several establishments after an hour. Been in the movies, boutiques, and optical center (I bought another pair of eyeglasses).  I'm now roaming around the mall looking for something interesting when I glanced over a little girl of about six to eight years old in a nearby. She's sobbing, her head turning back and forth like she's looking for someone.

 

"Ya gongju-ya, gwaenchanhayo? [Hey princess, are you okay?]?" I gently asked her. She wiped her tears and nailed her eyes on me.

 

 

""Neo gongju anya [I'm not a princess], " She blinked her cute chinky yes many times and asked me, "Are you an actress?" in Korean. She's pretty serious.

 

I chuckled and sat beside her.

 

"Anya [No]. Do I look like one?"

 

The kid nodded. I let out an amused smile.

 

"You're so pretty you can be one," she said while sniffing.

 

"Jeongmal? [Really?]"

 

Once again, she nodded. This time, with a slight smile.

 

"Hajiman yokshi yeppuda [But you're pretty, as well]. I also thought you are a princess." She smiled widely.

 

"Baegopa, eonni [I'm hungry, older sister]." She pouted while motioning her palm on her belly.

 

[eonni can only be addressed from a girl to a girl; can mean older sister literally; an address to call an older lady]

 


I let out a genuine laugh. "Arraseo! Gaja. Uri bab meokja [Okay! Let's go. We're gonna eat.]"

 

The girl held my hand and happily stared at me. We went to the nearest food chain stall inside the mall and let her choose what she wants to eat.

after several minutes of choosing, we finally settled in the table by the glass wall. I watched her digging in with a great appetite when I remember something.

 

"Do you mind if I ask your name? You seem to be lost back there. Where's your mom?"

 

She swallowed the food in before talking.

 

"Han Na imnida [I'm Han Na], and I'm with my real eonni."She smiled and then asked me back.

 

"What's your name, too?"

 

"I am Bella, but you can call me Belle."

 

After a respectful bow, The kid extended her saucy right hand from the burger she just finished. It looks gross, by the way.

 

"Nice to know and meet you, Belle eonni!"

 

Afraid that she might get offended, I gulped andshake hands with her.

 

"Nice to meet you, too, Hanna. Are you done eating?"

 

She burped as an answer. We laughed.

 

"Nae eonni, gomawoyo! [Yes big sister, thank you!]"

 

"You're welcome. You wash your hands first, then we'll find your eonni. I believe she's worried right now."

 

 She nodded and went to wash her hands. We then head to the bench where I found her.

 

"My eonni said we're going to our cousin's pet shop today. Are you gonna go with us?"

 

"Oh, I'm sorry princess. I've got somewhere to go after. I'm sure we'll se eahc other again next time," I patted her head and proceeded. Someone with a worried expression was seated there, looking around and dialled her phone.

 

"Yoo Jin eonni!" The kid ran towards the older girl and hugged her.

 

"Ohmo! [Oh, my!] There you are! You made me really worried. Where have you been running around, Han Na? I thought you were kidnapped. Good thing you're okay!" she hugged the kid back with a relieved face.

 

"I'm okay eonni! Come, I'd like you to meet Belle eonni. She found me and treatead me to lunch. Isn't she pretty." Han Na dragged her sister towards me and introduced me.

 

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo! [Hi/ hello!] Did my didter bother you??1 Oh my, I'm sorry. She could realy get nosy sometimes." She bowed down.

 

Han Na pouted.

 

"No, it's fine. She's one bubbly girl. I found her on the bench crying so I approached her. It's no biggie. I enjoyed her company." I smiled.

 

"That's nice to hear. By the way, I'm Yoo Jin. Shesaid your name's Belle. Nice to meet you!"

 

"Nado [Me too]."

 

"Thank you for taking care of her. I'm glad it's you who found her. We have to go now." She smiled and  held Han Na's wrist.

 

"Oh, wait eonni!" She let go of her sister's grip and  faced me. " Can I get your number eonni? I want to talk to you more."

 

"Oh, certainly. Here it is."

 

"Thank you. I'll call you later tonight." The girl grinned. "Annyeong! [Bye!"

 

Both of them waved at me while walking towards the exit. I continued my shopping.