안녕! Hello! ^^

He's an Angel

 

 

Kim Sang Beom as Carter Masen

 

 

Color  Coding:

Salmon - Park Eun Song / You

Blue - Lee Soo Hyuk

Teal - Carter Masen

Other Colors - Minor Characters

 

 

Legends :

*texts enclosed in asterisk and italicized* - thoughts of a character

[text enclosed in brackets ] - dialogue of a character from the other side of the phone

Hangul ( Romanization / English trans ) - for coversations that have Korean in it.

[ text in bold and enclosed in a bracket ] - notes from the author

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

She turned around to open the door. She already has her hand on the door knob and was about to turn it when it opened dragging her with it. Infront of her stands a guy that she doesn't know. All the people inside the room are just looking at them waiting for their next moves. He smiled at her while she still stares at him, dumbfounded. She can't find her voice. But him? He's just amused. He was still deciding whether to see seek her or just keep the bookmark. Guess, Unmyeong made the decision for him. He just continued looking at her surprised face. He raised his brow at her.

 

 

     *Wow! This girl really is weird. 정말. ( Jeongmal / Seriously )* he thought.

 

     *Who is this guy? I'm sure I haven't seen him before, but he really looks familiar.* she thought.

 

     "Eun Song-ah! Why are you just staring at him?" says her mom. 

 

 

She snapped out shaking her head repeatedly to shake off her shock. He chuckled low at her reaction. She heard him and gave him a glare. He straightened his face and just gave her a poker face. She looked ate her mom with a 'Who-is-this-hottie-over-here-?' look. He mom laughed and stood up. She came to her smiling so wide that she looks weird. 

 

     *GAWD!!! My mom is really embarassing. 정말! (Jeongmal! / Really! )* she thought again.

 

[ "정말 / Jeongmal" can be translated both ways, Really or Seriously, depending on how it is said. Same goes for "진자 / Jinja". ]

 

     *HAHA! She's red as a tomato! But, still cute. 귀여운! (Kyeowoon! / Cute!)* he thought.

 

     "자기야 (Jagiya / Sweety ), this is 이수혁 / Lee Soo Hyuk. Aunt Song Hwi's son."  her mom, introducing her to the guy, "수혁씨 / Soo Hyuk-ssi, this is my daughter---" and she was interrupted.

 

     "박은송 / Park Eun Song. 안녕. ^^ (Annyeong / Hello )" he said with a playful smile on his lips cutting her mom.

 

     "안녕. ^^ (Annyeong / Hello )" she said back.

 

     "Deh. 하지만... 당신은 어떻게 아라? (Hajiman... Dangsineun eottohke ara? / But... How did you know?)" Asked her mom. 

 

 

He smiled. He then took out something from his pocket. He looked at it a while and smiled. He looked at her and handed it to her. She was puzzled as to what is on his hand and what he is doing. She looked ar him puzzled. He just smiled at her. She raised an eyebrow at him. He just chuckled. He's getting impatient, so he took her hand.

 

 

     "자... (Cha... / Here...)" He put that something in her hand. "This is yours, right?" he asked her, placing the bookmarker in her palm.

 

     "네! (Neh! / Yes!)" she said and took the bookmarker, "감사합니다. (Gamsahabnida. / Thank You.) Uhm... But... Where did you get this?" She asked. 

 

 

He just smiled at her and went out. She looked at her mom. She just shrugged at her. They went to the table and sat down. She saw Carter. He's only half Korean, since his dad is an American. But, he looks pretty Korean. They're super close since his mom is Eun Song's mom's bestfriend. She sat beside him. He hugged her.

 

 

     "Hey, pretty. Miss ya." He told her. She hugged him back.

 

     "Miss you too, Handsome." You said smilingly.

 

     "Hahaha. So, you just met my cousin." He said.

 

     "MW-- WHAT??? That was your cousin??" She asked, surprise about that fact. "Why don't I know about him?" she asked, bewildered.

 

     "Yea. He's my dad's sister's son. And, cause there was never a time that I had you both with me, together." He laughing ply answered. "I'm sorry about his attitude though. He really is just weird like that. And, he tends to keep his thoughts to himself often." He continued.

 

 

I guess you're wondering why I refrain from speaking Korean with Carter. That's because he never learned Korean. If he knows the language, he only knows limited vocab words, and those are just simple Korean. It's not that his dad refrained them from speaking it, it's just that his dad himself never learned it though he's married to Aunt Nicole ( her Korean name's Jang Hye). And, since they were kids, he only spoke exclusive english. 

 

 

     "Oh... I see." She said while nodding her head repeatedly. "But, where is he going?" She was curious.

 

     "Just... Work. He just came by to tell his mom that he was suddenly called for at the studios." He answered.

 

 

She just nodded again. She's still puzzled about that guy. And, somewhere in the back of her mind, she knows that that guy is somehow familiar. Where she saw him and how'd he know her? She doesn't know. All she knows is that... She must find it out.

 

 
 
 
______________________________________________
 
 
 
 
안녕! ^^ Annyeong! ^^ Hello! ^^
Sorry, It's kind of short. It's just amn out of the blue update.
Mind putting your thoughts in the comment box? ^^
Thanks, guys! I hope you liked it.
 
© Chine. ♥