The Jacked Invitation

The Two Wedding Crashers

 

The carpet floor whiffs of that new renovation smell and lawyers, conceitedly dressed in the most fanciest attire they own, rush all over the hallways to get their work done by today’s deadline. Windows are wide open to let the sunshine batter through the hasty atmosphere and the sound of papers shuffling, telephones ringing, and printers printing clumps the building. And in the midst of all the concentration, in one the most upper level, lies an office doing nothing of such.

"Sunggyu, I am holding the motherload jackpot of all wedding announcements!" The dark haired boy smacks the invitation on his friend’s face and jumps up and down at what a smart he take himself as.

"I thought we were going to stop crashing wedding for a little while." The charming, light brown haired one raises one of his eyebrows in curiosity.

The two of them are in their co-shared office, desks across one another as if it’ll create a mile length of imaginary distance. Being partners in crime shares it disadvantages of privacy, but with these two, there’s nothing that can keep them apart from one another. Unless it’s girls of course. The sun’s out in the open and the two lawyers are glad to find that the smell of really good is no longer on them from last night.

Woohyun rolls his eyes and waves the card in all over Sunggyu’s face. "This is completely different. We’re talking about the main relation officer of the ing treasury!" He winks at a caller assistant glancing by their room and makes a ‘call me’ signal.

"Mr. Lee?"

"Oh yes, my friend! Mr. Lee’s daughter’s getting married! Just think about it. Three hundred single woman, vulnerable to the idea of settling down, thinking that we could actually be the men of their dreams!" He pats Sunggyu’s back in excitement. "There’s gunna be oysters!"

Sunggyu blinks at this and shrugs. "I see." He can’t decide whether he should be happy or sad.

Woohyun frowns at the lack of enthusiasm. "Okay?! See, this is exactly what I’m talking about. You’re loosing it Sunggyu, you’re loosing it you hear me?"

"I’m tired alright? My feet hurt. I have this rash on my leg—"

"You don’t care about this anymore!" Woohyun looks as if Sunggyu had murdered someone. He presses his heart in appall.

Sunggyu rolls his eyes. "What? No—of course I care!"

"Oh yeah? What about at the Park’s coordination last time? You were sulking, in the corner!"

"For god’s sake. I twisted my damn ankle!"

Woohyun shakes his head in disapproval, and Sunggyu groans knowing what’s coming and plunges his head on his desk. "Sunggyu. Do I have to remind you of rule number six?"

Sunggyu rubs his cheeks with his hands. "Oh give it a break will you—"

"What’s rule number six, Sunggyu? Hmm?"

Sunggyu glares at the greasy guy in front of him. "Don’t sit in the corner and sulk."

"Right! It draws negative attention! Draw attention to yourself in your own terms. When G-Dragon gave us the sacred book of wedding crashing three years ago, he passed on a legacy. We have a responsibility to keep her, Sunggyu."

"Oh bite your tongue. Fine, give me the damn invitation."

Woohyun grins in victory and hands his friend the card. Sunggyu skims through the invite and sighs. He always gives in. "I’m not saying it’s a yes, but it’ll take a lot of preparations to do this and—"

 

Woohyun messes up Sunggyu’s hair and cheers. "There’s my man. He’s back! The womanizer’s back!"