His Baby-doll

Choices: Will I Love My Boyfriend, Best Friend, or Husband?

Chanyeol POV

 

 

Work was pretty alright. But I can't say that I wasn't ecstatic when Yoohee said it was time to leave though. I was equally as happy when she said she wanted to go to the park. As soon as we got there, we broke out into games like school children. It seemed like we've known each other for years, it's that natural with Yoohee. She event called D.O to tell him and D.O to join us. She's so...thoughtful. We all played at the park for only a short time, until Kai suggested that we get ice cream from the convenience store across the street. That's when Yoohee got a text and said we should head home. I couldn't help but wonder who it was.

 

 

On the way down the hill going home, Sehun suddenly ran in front, turned around to face all of us, and started walking backwards.

 

 

Hey, be careful! Don’t fall and drop your ice cream.” Yoohee and I said in perfect unison. We looked at each other and laughed.

 

 

Sehun sang innocently, “Wow, I never noticed how cute Chanyeol hyung and EXOtic would look together. Maybe you guys should…ya’know date? What do you know; you might even like each other and then LOVE each other. And get married and have beautiful children~. Hyung, I can be the godfather, right?!"

 

 

Kai leaned over to Sehun and pushed the maknae’s forehead with his index finger. “Ya, there’s no way Chanyeol hyung would forget about his wife for her. Think kid.”

 

 

Sehun pouted, “I was only joking, and I didn’t say anything about Chanyeol and noona. I know the story.”

 

 

“Well...I don’t know the story, but I have a boyfriend.”

 

 

“Oh yeah, Zelo. He’s your boyfriend, right?” Baekhyun asked.

 

 

He must be. Since he’s always talking about how you guys are going to get married. He has no shame about it, he’ll tell anyone and everyone happily. Oh, and ya can’t forget the fact that you two act like a couple.” I added.

 

 

She seem shocked that anyone other than the B.A.P members knew about Zelo’s “delusions” -as she calls them- of them getting married. “That kid wants to die! No, that weirdo’s not my boyfriend, he has---we have always been that way. We’ve just been around each other for so long, since I was like six. He’s just my friend…my best friend. ”

 

 

Suho’s eyebrows raised, “Are you sure HE knows that? Zelo seemed so convinced.”

 

 

She laughed. “I’m very sure. Anyway, my boyfriend’s name is Jo Kwangmin. I told him about you all, but you just haven’t met him yet.”

 

 

Yeah right, you haven’t even met him…you probably made that name up just now. You can’t possibly have a boyfriend.” Kai scoffed.

 

 

I shook my head. Must my dongsaeng be so rude?

 

 

D.O cut in, “Why not? What’s wrong with EXOtic?”

 

 

Well she’s boring, her voice is weird, she gets up late, and she doesn’t care about her hair. And I’ve only known her for a week, but I can already see that she dresses like a homeless person or a middle-schooler 99 percent of the time; she’s barely even a girl.” He scoffed and nonchalantly took a out of his ice cream. 

 

 

Barely a girl?! I know for a fact that she is a very much a girl. From what I saw and felt like morning she a nice bod--- I blinked and shook myself out of those thoughts. Personality! She's so kind and gracious for letting us live with her and giving us food and clothes and jobs. Yeah personality was what I was going to say. Yoohee is a probably a saint or something.

 

 

We were still walking and could see that we were coming up on our house in another few minutes; I saw her cut her eyes at Kai and point toward the roof. He understood completely and threw his hands up, “S-s-sorry.”

 

 

I saw a figure on the porch, but of course no one else was paying much attention. They were just laughing and joking around. Probably just a shadow.

 

 

Ignore him EXOtic; it’s a part of your charm. It’s really cool how you don’t obsess over your looks like other girls. You’re comfortable with your natural self and I think that’s awesome.” Baekhyun gave her a thumbs up.

 

 

She glared at Kai and grinned brilliantly at Baekhyun, “Thank you, Baekhyunnie.” He blushed; no one but his fangirls ever calls him ‘Baekhyunnie’.

 

 

Sehun's sudden comment about me and Yoohee looking like a couple made me think about my wife.

 

 

It's been so long since I've seen her, but I still remember the way she looked back then. She had long brownish-black curly hair that would be pulled into ponytails or cutely braided in intricate ways in the front. Her skin was fawn and supple. Her sparkly little chocolate brown eyes were framed by long, thick, black lashes and pretty double-lids that seemed to turn into single lids whenever she flashed a smile. I would swear that they sparkled especially bright whenever she smiled at me. She had full, pouty pink lips that seemed to always be turned up into a playful smirk. I caught my lips creeping unknowingly into a weird grin. I lowered my head and bit my bottom lip to suppress my spontaneous, creepy smile.

 

 

And I remember Baby-doll having the cutest, most kissable cheeks ever. They were round and fleshy with a single dimple in her left cheek accompanied by a few others that appeared by and chin when she talked or ate. I was awestruck when I first saw her and when I first spoke to her I was instantly smitten. She was so kind, smart, and funny. She was so beautiful then inside and out, I can only imagine how she is now. How I wish I could meet her once again.

 

 

Everyone else was absorbed in conversation while I just walked along silently thinking of her again for the nth time. I did this frequently to avoid forgetting anything else about her when I had already forgotten her name, an important part in finding her again.

 

 

I remember that she had a younger twin sister, called um...Lala? Nope, it was Nana. She was pretty too, but not like Baby-doll. They looked similar, but there were a few physical differences that people that were around them a lot knew what to look for. Baby-doll's sister's hair was incredibly straight and was much lighter...maybe brunette? She didn't have fleshy cheeks or dimples and her eyes where much darker, almost black. Sure they looked alike, but they couldn't have been more different in terms of personality.

 

 

Baby-doll was so much more...everything. Smarter, funnier, cuter, more athletic, more beautiful...and come to think of it, nicer too, but for some reason I remember Lili being more popular. I don't remember Lili being made fun of at all, unlike Baby-doll. I actually remember Lili protecting her from the bullying, but then she suddenly disappeared. No one knew what happened to her. And without her sister around to protect her, the bullies came for Baby-doll viciously. That's when I had to step up for her.

 

 

My focus was broken when Yoohee and the rest of the guys, except Sehun, burst out in laughter. I turned to see Yoohee looking as if she's going to keel over and die from laughter. She turned at the same time and looked at me while still smiling and laughing, her eyes twinkling. I was taken aback. I guess I had never really looked at Yoohee until now. Wow, she's cute...especially when she smiles like that.

 

 

I shook those thoughts out of my head when she turned back to the rest of the guys and I thought again about what Sehun said. Me and Yoohee? Together? No way! The only way me and Yoohee could possibly be together is if she was my Baby-doll, but she isn't. However, they look a bit similar...if you look closely past the hair, clothes, and glasses. It's a shame though. I really, really want to be with my wife again.

 

 

I sighed aloud and shook my head. Yoohee tilted her head to the side and threw me a concerned glance; I smiled a little and shook my head. She nodded in understanding and joined back in the conversation.

 

 

As we kept walking the figure I saw earlier still remains at the same spot on the porch, but now I see it’s a person. It made me a bit uneasy. Who is this guy at Yoohee’s house? And more importantly, why is he there?

 

 

I finally spoke up, “Hey, Yoohee who’s that on your porch? You know him?” I pointed at the figure on the porch.

 

 

We were on the sidewalk in front of her house by now. Yoohee smiled brightly, “Yeah, I know him.” She went up the porch stairs first and greeted the shadowy figure with her arms wrapped around his neck. “Oh hey! I didn’t expect you to be here so soon, Kwangie!”

 

*******

Yeah~ you guise can see where this is going right? Comment your hypothesis...what am I kiddin?! Y'all don't comment (but it'd be nice if ya did) Love ya anyway though <3