Easy Day at Work

Choices: Will I Love My Boyfriend, Best Friend, or Husband?

Yoohee POV

 

 

“LET’S GO!” My yell echoed up the stairs. “If you’re not down in 7 seconds I’m leaving you!”

 

 

I heard the thumping in the upstairs bedrooms and soon the four guys were spilling out of the rooms and down the stairs.

 

 

Eyeing them up and down, I noticed they all wore black jeans, white t-shirts, and red Converse, just like they were dressed in a uniform. We walked out to the sidewalk and they followed quietly like four cute little obedient puppies…all except him of course.

 

 

“Hey! Why are we walking when you have a car?”, Kai complained.

 

 

I glanced at the black cover over the vehicle in the garage and sighed. “Walking is healthier.”

 

 

“I guess…”, he mumbled. So we all started walking. It felt a bit strange, but it didn’t last very long since WPC was within the range of our eyesight.

 

 

“So what kind of jobs are we going to do at your place?”, Baekhyun chimed in, changing the subject.

 

 

I smirked, “Oh you’ll see when we get there.”

 

 

-------------------

 

“So you mean to tell me that we’re going to clean every room on ALL these floors?!”, Sehun whined in a high pitched voice. “No. I can’t. I won't. I quit. I’m going home.” He started to walk towards the stairs to leave.

 

 

I dragged him back into the hallway by the back of his collar, “Yah! I tried to warn you before, but YOU insisted! So you can’t bail out now.”

 

 

I faced all of them with a bright smile, “It shouldn’t be that hard. There's only two more floors upstairs, so I guess you can split up into pairs and do it that way...or however you want, I just need it all done by the end of the month. ” I noticed a neighborhood ahjumma trying to get my attention from the corner of my eye and started to make my way over to help her. The boys started up the stairs too, but I felt a tap on my shoulder as soon as I turned around.

 

 

“Oh yeah, where are the cleaning supplies?”, Chanyeol asked as he looked at me with with slightly flushed cheeks.

 

 

Why is he blushing? Then the scene from this morning popped into my head and I quickly shook the thought away. “Everything you'll need is in the supply closets. There's one on each floor.” He nodded and disappeared up the stairs.

 

---------------------

 

I was at the printer finishing up teaching the ahjumma how to use the copy machine when I heard my phone ringing from my front desk.

 

Niga pilyohae~, niga pilyohae~

I need you, I need you


Il nyeoni gado sip nyeoni gado naneun ttokgata

Even if a year passes, if ten years pass, I am the same

Dan harudo itji motan saram

I’m a person who didn’t forget even for a single day

Nan neoyeoyaman hae nae sarangi neo inde---

It needs to be you, you are my love---

 

I knew just form the ringtone that it was Kwangmin, so I excused myself and I answered without hesitation. “Hello?”

“H-hey, how are you?” He sounds nervous.

I frowned a bit, “Uh, I’m fine…how are you?”

“I’m alright. And the others? Wait, are you busy later today?”

“They’re cool and no not today. Why?”

“Ok good, I want to meet them now…I mean, not now now but today. Is that okay with you?”

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I be? So what time are you coming over?”

“Ummm, whenever you get off is fine. At 7:30 today, right?”

“Right! See you then.”

 

I returned to the ahjumma to see if everything turned out the way she wanted them. She only smiled. “I forgot to ask you earlier, is that young man you were talking to in the hallway your boyfriend? The tall one, I mean. He's very handsome...well all of them are.”

 

I politely smiled and shook my head. “Oh no, he's just an employee and a new friend. They're all new friends.”

 

She her teeth, “Well that's too bad. You two would look good together.” She paused and raised an eyebrow, “He likes you, you do know that right?”

 

“Aaaye~ no he doesn't, we're just friends! And I already have a boyfriend.” I waved my hand in protest to her mistake.

 

 

“He does. When you're my age, you can see this kind of thing. But I won't bother you about it anymore. See you later sweetie and thanks for helping me.”

 

 

“No problem ma'am. Have a great day!”

 

 

“Thanks, you too sweetie”. She gave me a light squeeze on my arm with look of sincerity and wisdom before leaving with the copied pictures of her grandson.

 

 

Me and Chanyeol, huh? Nah, not ever. Especially since I have Kwangie. I snapped out of it and went back to work.

 

 

----------------------

 

I pulled out my phone to check the time, 7:23 pm. Almost time for us to go, gotta go get the guys. I used the elevator instead of the stairs and went to the third floor. I walked in on Baekhyun chasing Sehun around the room, but when they saw me standing in the doorway frowning at them they froze in their tracks.

 

 

I looked around. Well they did get some cleaning done, so I won't yell at them. I straightened my expression, “We get off soon, be ready to leave in 5 minutes.” I my heel and felt the wind from Sehun running right past me out the door and down the stairs.

 

 

Ok then.” I turned to leave.

 

 

Baekhyun sighed and slumped to the floor, “God is real, I was gonna kill that kid when I caught him.”

 

 

I chuckled, “No killing my workers, Baekhyun”. I continued on my way down. The second floor had made even more progress with Chanyeol and Kai there. I told them the news and Kai stopped mid-brush, “It's about time!” He cracked his back and walked downstairs.

 

 

I'm sorry he's so rude.” Chanyeol apologized for him.

 

 

No need to apologize for him, he'll catch hell from me later.” He laughed and we went downstairs together with Baekhyun following right behind us.

 

 

There were only a few customers left on the computers, the crowd is usually thin on Sundays. I turned to the guy in my usual seat behind the front desk. “Ilhoon, hold down the fort while I'm out. Defend it with your life.”

 

 

Chuckling, he stood up and soluted. “Will do General!”

 

 

I giggled a bit, “At ease private! I'll see you tomorrow.”

 

 

Sleep well General!”

 

 

The five of us left WPC and since we had about half an hour until Kwangmin would be over, I decided I wanted to go the park in my neighborhood. The guys could have gone home, but they said they wanted to play a bit too.

 

 

As we walked down the hill to the playground, I slipped into my thoughts. It’s been a while since I’ve gone there to play. This should be fun.