Not sober enough

Words too hard to say

Geurin's POV

"It's so loud!!" I complain again. Eh, it's my fault for having sensitive hearing I guess.

Me and my best friends, Sharley and Jessie were clubbing again. Midterms just ended, and BOY did we need a freaking break.

"Dance or drink?" Jessie asks me.

"Dance!!!!" Sharley screams at the same time I reply "drink...."

"Well, it's not fun dancing if you haven't drank yet so lets have a few shots, yeah?" Jessie concludes.

All taking a seat at the bar, Sharley begins to flirt with the bartender as we all order our drinks. I order the normal, my top-shelf cranberry vodka with ice.

It's pretty normal to see Sharley like this, and to be honest I was starting to worry last week when she WASN'T flirting with any guy. She's not a , she doesn't go that far. It's not like she's crawling all over the table to get him. But she just likes to have fun. Flirt a bit, then act hard to get, and just meet a lotta new people.

I'm kinda jealous, actually. Her ability to read people is flawless and she's such a people person. Me on the other hand, I haven't had a boyfriend for what...3 years? And I don't have a lot of friends I guess.....

After a few good drinks we head to the dance floor. It's been a few weeks since we last went clubbing and I guess my alcohol tolerance went down cause i could FEEL the liquor sink into my mind. I'm a bit dizzy, but who cares. Erryone on the floor is.

Naturally me and ma girls start to dance, and it takes a while for my hips to get into that natural flow. Ah, this is actually the life. What the are midterms good for? They just up my grades and prevent me from getting into grad school.

Yep, I'm a third year in college and I have NO idea where I'm going or what I'm doing with my life. I'm just struggling with grades during the day, and clubbing at night. If my parents knew, I would probably be disowned. But whatever, they have my brother. Practically a prodigy at everything he does ever since he was 5.

Why don't I take this nice time to tell you a little more about me? Never mind the guy thats rubbing against me, he's eh.

I was born in LA, Cali and I'm in korea because I wanted to get away from my parents. Well, the school's good too I guess. Right now I study biology but it's getting kinda boring....

My hobbies are dancing and playing guitar. Guitar is like my escape. When I'm stressed and feel hopeless, playing my guitar is the only way I can go to a nice calm place before returning to the harsh reality of my ty college life.

I have asthma. Really bad asthma. I need to take my inhaler every like 6 hours or so. It's really annoying. I also have sorta a PMS problem but I'm also pretty good at giving off that "cool girl" vibe.

As I look around, I see my friends are grinding and laughing too. It's always great because no one ever has worries at a club.

Wellllll...I might have spoke too soon because just then a girl struts up to Sharley and rips the guy off her, giving her a hard slap on the face.

"Get the off my boyfriend!" she screams. She's a bit shorter than Sharley but a good deal taller than me. I'm 5'2.

"Well why don't you tell him that? I wasn't the one who approached first" she says calmly while fixing her hair.

"If he approached you first, you should've pushed him off you little ! Everyone knows that he's my boyfriend and that he's mine, and mine ONLY" and she starts pulling at Sharley's golden locks.

Meanwhile, me and Jessie just give eachother looks. The boyfriend isn't doing , and looks like he's enjoying the show that little bastard. I walk up to her and pry her off my friend.

"Look, it isn't her fault that she's so attractive that your boyfriend wants her too"

She looks at me like who-the-hell-are-you. But before she can reply, Sharley just grabs my arm and pulls me upstairs. I motion for Jessie to follow.

Walking up stairs in 5 inch heels aint easy. But girl, anything to get away from that mess of a downstairs. Usually these fights are pretty rare, and Sharley likes avoiding them (she's pretty experienced, all the guys want her).

She sighs and fixes her dress and hair. "Okay then. Girlies, what about a game of pool?"

This was only the third time being here, usually we go to another club. But looking around the room, it was prtty empty. There was a group of guys sitting on the other side of the room and a few other small groups playing pool. But that group of guys seemed to be in a serious conversation, all their faces solemn. Two guys were on chairs, one on a stool, one standing, and one on the pool table.

The guy on the pool table is pretty cute, I gotta say. His hair is kinda frizzy and he has a nice jawline. But the semi-formal dress shirt and dress pants he was wearing were ironed and clean, defs not a clubbing guy.

I was about to grab  a cue, when Sharley snatched one and strutted up to the guys. Stood next to the guy on the pool table, put a ball down, and shot it at a perfect angle to bounce off the other side and fall into the hole on the the other side. She smiled and stood right in front of him.

"Heyya" she says loudly boasting with confidence, loudly chewing her gum, and throwing a wink in there just to make the point.

No response. He slowly turns his head to face her, scoffs, then faces back to his friends.

"Wowwwww okay then budday. Don't think I'm good enough?" she says while putting on her "face of defeat" with a little sass and tough-girl material. "Then how bout that pretty lady ova there?" and to my horror she points to me.

I look away and burry my face in Jessie's shoulder. God she's so SHAMELESS. But then I realize that I have no reason to be ashamed. I'm probably never going to see this guy ever again after he rejects me now, so why should I care?

I look up and see him facing the other way, staring at the floor under his friends. I motion for Sharley to come over here so we can leavveeee pleeasseee before whats left of my pride disappears. But she just looks over our way and smirks. Slowly, he turns his head to me raises his sight to meet mine. I can practically feel him boring holes in me with his stare.

After what seems like way-too-freakin-long, and maybe a good judgement thrown in there, he blinks.

"Ahhhh you likey?" Sharley says with a smile.