chapter 2

love, not enough

[ F L A S H B A C K ] - f o u r y e a r s a g o i n C a n a d a . . .

"RON!" Myolie called out as she ran over to him. "How is he?"

"He still haven't woke up after the surgery." Ron replied. "The doctor said he should wake up by now."

"How did this happen?" she asked as she took a seat on the chair next to the bed.

"Well he called me while he was driving home after taking the exam and told me he is going back to Hong Kong to visit you during vacation. He asked me if I wanted to go with him." Ron replied. "Then I heard a loud crash. The witness said it was his dog that ran into the streets who caused the car crash."

Myolie held Raymond's hand and put it next to her face.

"I called you and ordered a plane ticket for you to come right away after the witness picked up the phone." Ron said.

Myolie looked at Raymond worriedly wondering why he still haven't woken up.

"You must be tired from staying up all night. Why don't you go home and get some rest?" Myolie suggested. "I'll take care of him."

"I want to wait until he wakes. I'm not that tired. I'm sure you didn't get any sleep on the plane also." Ron replied.

Raymond slowly opened his eyes and saw Myolie in front of him. He looked around the room confusedly, "Where am I?" he asked and put his hand on his forehead. "Who are you?"

Myolie frozen when she heard his second question.

"Raymond, Do you remember me?" Ron asked.

"Of course I do, Ron Ng." Raymond assured.

"How can you not remember Myolie, your girlfriend?" Ron asked.

Myolie pressed the help button so the doctor can come.

"Myolie? I have a girlfriend?" Raymond asked confusedly.

After the doctor checked Raymond he exit the room with Ron and Myolie.

"Doctor Smith, How is he?" Ron asked.

"He is fine." Doctor Smith replied. "It's normal that he forgets a part of his memory since his head was injured. Don't worry he'll gain his memory back."

"When?" Myolie asked.

"Maybe tomorrow, a month, or even a few years." Doctor Smith replied. "It'll help if you do things that will help him gain his memory back faster."

Myolie sighed and thanked the Doctor before left.

"How am I going to help him if I have to go back to Hong Kong tomorrow." Myolie murmured.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll remember you. You are the girl he loved the most." Ron comforted.

"If I'm the one he love the most how can he forget me?" Myolie asked as tears rolled down her cheeks. She turned to Ron and cried on his shoulder.

[ e n d o f f l a s h b a c k ]

Myolie walked into her bedroom and picked up her phone.

"Hey Michy." Myolie greeted.

"Myolie! I'm coming back to Hong Kong tomorrow!" Michelle announced happily.

"Oh my god! Really?! I haven't seen you for so long! I'm so happy!" Myolie exclaimed. "I wonder how pretty you got since the last picture you mailed me. You were onlt sixteen then."

"I can't wait until I see you, too." Michelle said excitedly. "The last time we saw each other was when I left to Canada for high school. I'm still mad at you for not coming to see me when you came to Canada four years ago."

"Sorry lor. I only went there for one day." Myolie explained.

"I'm kidding. I'm not mad at you." Michelle said. "Oh isn't your boyfriend, Raymond, coming back to Hong Kong tomorrow also?"

"He's not my boyfriend anymore. We broke up the minute he forgot me." Myolie said sadly.

"I don't think he wants to forget you." Michelle comforted.

"Is your boyfriend Ah Fung coming back with you tomorrow?" Myolie asked trying to change the topic.

"Yup." Michelle said happily. "I can't wait until you guys meet each other."

"Myolie! Dinner time!" Christine yelled from the living room.

"I got to go, Michy." Myolie informed. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. Bye Myo." Michelle said and hung up.

[ M y o l i e ' s P . O . V. ]

I got up from my bed and walked into the living room.

"Ah Yee(aunt), don't you have filming to do tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm leaving after dinner." Christine replied. "I wouldn't want to leave my adorable niece eating dinner alone."

I smiled sweetly at my aunt, Christine, and followed her into the kitchen to help her take this food out.

After my aunt left I washed all the dishes and went back into my room. I opened the draw and took out a box. It was filled with pictures of Raymond and me. I was never mad at him for forgetting me, but I really want him to remember me. Ron helped me a lot by showing Raymond pictures and telling him the things we did together. I still love him as much as before, but he doesn't remember who I am. I wiped the tear that rolled down my cheek.

"When are you going to remember who I am?" I asked the picture of Raymond and put it next to my heart. "Did you even mean it when you said that you love me?"

Am I as important as he say I am?

[ e n d o f P . O . V . ]