Chapter 2

Victorious Way

the second chapter is up...

enjoy this update and please don't hesitate to drop a comment

^^

***

“What do you mean about dating Jongup?” Himchan furrowed his brows in confusion, “You’re dating Youngjae, remember?”

“We broke up,” Daehyun answered simply, “Now I’m with Jongup.”

Both Himchan and Yongguk widened their eyes in surprise, while Zelo just looked lost.

“None of you are allowed to touch my Jongupie anymore without my permission,” Daehyun continued with a grin.

Jongupie, what the...?!’ , Jongup scrunched his face in disbelief.

Youngjae slowly stood up, then made his way toward them.

“Hyung,” Jongup called Youngjae hesitantly, he could felt the anger that radiated from Youngjae as he arrived before them. But the older ignored Jongup.

“What the are you playing, Jung Daehyun?!” Youngjae asked through his gritted teeth.

“Nothing,” Daehyun shrugged his shoulder. He smirked slighly at Youngjae’s reaction.

“It’s our ing problem, Daehyun,” Youngjae whispered in low voice, so that just three of them that could hear that, “Don’t involve Jongup here.”

He snatched Jongup off of Daehyun’s hold then pulled the younger out of the studio. The younger could only glance at Daehyun that looked at them with unreadable gaze.

Without a word, Youngjae pulled Jongup toward the rooftop, where they usually spent their times together. Jongup didn’t dare to utter any word.

Once they arrived on the rooftop, Youngjae released Jongup and walked toward the fence that surrounded the edge of the rooftop. He leaned forward and closed his eyes, enjoyed the wind that blew, caressed his face.

Jongup took a hesitant steps toward the older. His mind was in a jumble of mess that he didn’t know what should he say to the older.

“Hyung,” he put his hand in the older’s shoulder.

Youngjae let out an audible sigh, then turned around pulled Jongup into a tight embrace. The younger could only rubbed his hand gently in the older’s back.

None of them said anything, as both of them enjoyed the silence that enveloped them.

“Hyung,” Jongup was the first that broke the silence, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know what’s happened that I got myself in this mess.”

“I know, I know,” Youngjae answered after a full minute of silence, “I know that it’s not your fault, Jongupie. I’m sure it’s that jerk’s fault.”

Youngjae was really sure Daehyun was the one behind all of this. He knew that Jongup was too innocent and kind to think about backstabbing him.

He felt really complicated. He loved Daehyun so much, but it really hard to put up with his possesiveness. For one and two, he was happy when Daehyun showed his jealousy. But later it’s suffocating him. He lost most of his close friends and he couldn’t get closer to any new either.

The ones that still around him were just his bandmates, but still he couldn’t stay close to them like the way he used to be before dating Daehyun. He was grateful that the second maknae, Jongup, still stuck to him, secretly.

“Hyung,” Jongup called, “What should I do? He threatened me because I accidentally listened when you broke up.”

Youngjae leaned backward abruptly, “Wait... You were listening to us? Where were you, Jongup-ah?”

“I was in the room where you two talked, hyung, I was taking a nap,” Jongup explained, “But after you left, Daehyun found me up.”

“He didn’t do anything bad to you, did he, Jongup?” Youngjae grabbed his shoulders, “Tell me!”

“He,” Jongup paused, “He kissed me, hyung,” Jongup couldn’t hold the guilt that crept into his heart. He looked downward, afraid of Youngjae’s reaction.

“What else that he did?” Jongup was surprised that the older didn’t slap or snap at him.

“He asked me to make him forget about you, hyung, but I refused, then he threatened me saying that he would make my life a hell if I refused, I don’t know what to do, hyung,” Jongup was in the verge of tears.

That jerk,’ Youngjae cursed in his mind. How dared he forced this innocent boy like that. He sighed mentally, for second he hated himself for head over heels on Daehyun until now.

Youngjae wrapped his arms around the younger and pulled him into his embrace once more, “Ssh, it’s okay. Don’t cry, Jongupie.”

His words made Jongup cried for real, instead, “What should I do, hyung. I’m afraid of Daehyun-hyung, but I don’t want to make you angry.”

Youngjae caressed Jongup’s hair tightly, tried to calm him down, “I’m not angry at you, Jongupie. I know it’s not your fault.”

“What should I do then, hyung?” Jongup clutched the older’s shirt tightly.

“For now, just follow his request, Jongupie. He must be really angry at me, I don’t want him to hurt you if you refuse. Just bear with this for a while, Jongupie. I’ll try to release you out of this mess as soon as possible. Arasso?”

Jongup nodded, “But, is it really going to be okay, hyung?”

Youngjae smilled reassuringly toward the younger, “Just make sure don’t be alone with him. No matter what happen, make sure there’s another people around you when you’re with him. I’ll try to stick around you all the time, okay?”

Jongup could only nodd weakly. Youngjae reached out his hand and wiped the tears on younger’s face. He hated himself for making his bestfriend cried and involved in this mess. He’d make sure to keep his eyes on Daehyun, because he didn’t know what kind of things that the older’s had on his sleeves.

Both of them didn’t realize another presence that watched every their movements since the beginning. Daehyun was leaning on the door that slightly open.

“Well, it seems that you also had this special relationship with Jongup, Youngjae,” Daehyun said to no one, he smirked coldly, “We’ll see if your relationship will stay this way when I finish this game.”

Without a sound, Daehyun left that place, with the anger filled his heart completely.