It's only a dream...

Just a Dream

Posted Image Posted Image

 

Minzy heard the church bells ring as she stared at herself in the mirror. She was so nervous and didn’t know if she could follow through with what she was about to do. All three of her best friends and her mom were helping her get ready.

CL turned Minzy to her saying, “Minzy, you can do this!”

Minzy could only nod and her mom her face with tear stained cheeks saying, “Baby girl, if you don’t feel like doing this we’ll understand!”

Minzy shook her head saying, “Nope, I’m following through with it!”

Everyone nodded as they embraced Minzy.

Minzy turned to the door when she heard a knock.“Come in,” Minzy said.

The Bishop peeked in saying, “It’s time.”

Minzy nodded and looked back to the mirror. She took a deep breath and Dara placed the veil over her face. Each one of them hugged her and walked out one by one. Minzy’s heart was pounding like crazy. She closed her eyes and walked through the chapel doors. As she was walking down the aisle she thought back to what happened two months ago.

 

2 months ago...

Minzy awoke to a light tapping sound coming from her window. She opened the window and looked down to see Doojoon throwing rocks at her window.

Minzy looked around and back to him saying, “What?”

He smiled saying, “Minzy! I had to come and see you!”

Minzy looked at the time and it was four o’clock in the morning. She looked back at him and said, “It’s 4 in the morning! Can’t we talk later?!”

He smiled and shook his head saying, “Nope, we have to talk now!”

Minzy looked at him with disbelieving eyes. She yawned and said, “Fine! I’ll be down in a little bit.”

Doojoon nodded and waited for Minzy in his car.

Minzy jumped into the passenger side and closed the door saying, “What’s the matter?”

“Let’s get married,” he blurted out.

“WHAT,” Minzy said shocked. She then shook her head saying, “No, we can’t! You just graduated from high school and I’m a senior in high school! We already talked about this!”

He reached for Minzy’s hand and said, “Minzy, you know I love you and I know you love me, what else matters?!”

She pulled her hand away and looked out the window saying, “Please Doojoon, don’t make this harder than it already is.” Minzy started to cry into her hands thinking about him.

He turned her face to face his saying, “Minzy, I didn’t choose to go to war!”

Minzy cried as she looked at him, “I know, but I’m scared! What if…what if something happens to you?”

Doojoon embraced her and her hair, “Minzy please don’t think like that. I love you too much to give up on the battle field.” He looked her in the eyes, “Our love will shield me from harm.”

She hugged him again, “Yoon Doojoon! Why? You have to stay and be here with me!”

Doojoon tilted her head to his face saying, “Then marry me Minzy, that way we’ll be together forever!”

“What will people think? What about…” Minzy said with concern in her eyes.

He put his finger to her lips saying, “Shh…don’t worry about all that. This is about you and me, nothing else. Knowing that you are waiting for me, will give me the strength to push through this war!” She gave him a half smile and he continued, “And when I come back, we’ll travel the world together. And I’ll make you the happiest little wife ever!”

Minzy giggled and hugged him saying, “Alright, let’s get married!”

The next day they surprised everyone that they would be getting married the coming weekend.

 

Minzy felt like she was living a dream. She was married to Yoon Doojoon in a beautiful chapel. He was supposed to be serving in the military the following week, so they spent every waking hour together.

The day came to when he had to leave and Minzy had never felt so scared. Minzy and Doojoon drove to the airport in silence. When they arrived, they stood face to face. She couldn’t look him in the eyes and started to cry.

 He embraced her tight and apologized to her. “Minzy, please don’t cry. I won’t be gone too long, I promise. Remember we have our whole future planned out,” he said before he kissed her.

Minzy kissed Doojoon with all the love and passion she had for him. She didn’t want to let him go and held him tight as they kissed. He then reluctantly released Minzy and walked into the airport.

 

Minzy hung out with her best friends as much as she could to try to keep herself from worrying about him. But every night Minzy would write a letter to him telling how much she missed him and hoped that he was okay. She only received a letter once a week, but she treasured everyone one of them. Repetitively reading them over and memorizing everything he would write to her.

After a month, she stopped receiving letters from him. She became worried when she didn’t get a letter two weeks straight. She sat reading one of his letters when she heard the doorbell ring. Her heart skipped a beat and she quickly went to go answer the door.Minzy opened the door to a man in uniform saying, “Yes?”

“Are you Mrs. Yoon Doojoon,” the man asked.

Minzy nodded and became anxious saying, “Yes I am. How may I help you?”

The man handed her an envelope and said, “Here you are ma’am.” Minzy took the envelope and opened it with trembling fingers. As she read the contents of what was in the envelope, the man in uniform said, “I’m sorry for your loss,” he then nodded and walked away.

She closed the door as she kept reading what the letter said. She fell to the ground crying when she read that he was killed! The troops were retreating and he was shot from the back as he tried to help those who were wounded.

 

Present...

Minzy looked around the little chapel that she had just married Doojoon two months ago. The black veil covered her now tear stained cheeks as she walked down the aisle. She walked up to the casket and looked down to see Yoon Doojoon lying there in uniform.

Minzy reached out to touch his once lively face and started to cry harder. She then bent down to hug his lifeless body saying, “Yoon Doojoon, you lied to me! You said that you would come back to me, ALIVE! We had our future planned out remember?” She then looked at his face and it saying, “This can’t be! This is just a dream!”

 

Author's Notes:

Well this was inspired by Carrie Underwood's- Just a Dream, hence the title. Military fics have a soft spot in my heart because I have family members who serve in the military. Anywho, thanks for reading!!!