2013

Project Zelo: Year 3042

THE PAST: 2013

Initializing Day

 

"Yah Zelo! Get out of the bathroom!!! It's almost time to start the count down!" Yongguk pounded on the locked door.

"Chill hyung. If I'm going to be frozen in a capsule for who knows how long, I don't wanna hold my pee in the whole time." Zelo grinned, clapping his hyung on the back. Closing the door behind him, Zelo sat next to the other BAP members who were on the old couch they had bought when they had first become recruits for the TS Military Project.

"Take one last look maknae. This is the last time we're going to be seeing this place the way it is now..." Jongup put his arm around Zelo and Youngjae and looked around the basement of the TS Institution of Science.

Unfortuantely the sentimental moment was ruined when Yongguk suddenly busted out laughing.

"YAH! HIMCHAN! ARE YOU CRYING?? SERIOUSLY?! IT UP YOU PANSY!!!" The leader didn't even try to hide his huge smile, as he pointed at Himchan who was blubbering quietly like a baby.

"I can't help it!!! IT'S SO SAD... we basically lived here all our lives!! WAHHHH!" Wiping his nose, he rubbed the snot on Daehyun and continued crying on his shoulder.

"Gross..." Pushing him away, Daehyun straightened up and looked at all the members. "This is an honor, right? This is what we've been training for... this is why we went under the enhancement serum..."

They all grimaced at the painful memory of the serum. It was the liquid chemical they had to inject to be able to have the super human skills they possessed now.

An uncomfortable silence settled and Youngjae voiced what all of them were thinking.

"Yeah but... what if... what if we aren't needed and there is no war like Global War K (GWK) so they never need us... and then they forget we were even here and we're stuck in the time capsules forever? I mean... we're all pretty young - we have whole lives ahead of us."

The members shifted uneasily, and glanced at each other. Then, Yongguk stood up and took a hard look at the team.

"Hey we can't start second guessing ourselves now! We were all chosen for a reason. And we knew about the dangers that came with this responsibility. We knew about it right when we signed up. This is the oppurtunity to one day wake up and be able to save the WORLD from another tragedy like GWK. That war killed millions of people and destroyed countries. If there's even a risk of that happening again... we need to be here."

Smirking, Zelo got up and slung his arm around the unusually solemn leader. "Awww isn't Yongguk cute when he's serious?" Dodging a deadly punch, Zelo continued. "Plus there's the huge bonus of being able to live in the future. Who knows how many hot girls will be flocking to the 'World's Greatest Superheroes'?"

 

"BAP. Please report to the loading dock and prepare for the countdown." The overhead intercom buzzed and announced the start of the initilization.

"ALRIGHT KIDDIES! ROUND IT UP! YAH! HIMCHAN STOP CRYING AND BE A MAN!" Yongguk yelled, strutting confidently towards the dock.

Humming "Be A Man" from Mulan under his breath, Jongup ran to catch up with the other five members. "Kekeke... I'm going to be a superhero just like Captain America!" Smiling idiotically, he stood proudly on his designated spot.

"Do not move. The ice process has started." A man in a white lab coat approached. "Now remember everything we've taught you. I have a video for you all to watch when you wake up... Do us proud." Without even a backwards glance at the six soldiers he had mentored since they were children, the head scientist of TS walked out into the control panel.

"He was always a man of few wor-" Youngjae's mouth suddenly froze midway and his eyes widened in fear. This ice process was a lot scarier when you were actually going through it then when you read about it in pamphlets and handbooks...

"Hahahaha! Finally the annoying chatter box shuts up! Now we can finally get some peace~" Himchan laughed and reached to high five Zelo but found his arms were frozen. "Oh..."

"Yah! You're the real chatter box!!!" Yongguk called out, and felt his mouth freeze over just after the words had left his lips.

Soon, everyone in BAP was frozen and inside their individual capsules except one. Zelo.

"Listen to me," the head scientist instructed gently over the intercom. "...there's more to you all then just some lab-made serum and military training. There's a reason why we chose you six over the hundreds of other recruits."

"Heh. Of course you chose us! Who wants -ugly heroes? We were the best looking recruits~" Zelo replied, and soon felt the ice finish its process, but before he out he heard the scientist speak out once more.

"You'll understand when the time comes Zelo. A bloody battle is not the only time a warrior wake up."