Chapter One - New Mission

((S.E.S.)) SM Entertainment Spies

 

S.M.S.

Chapter One – New Mission

 

Years back. . .

             I am Choi Minho. A normal boy. A highschool student. Just a regular person you see in your everyday life. This boring life of mine will never change. But just like the others, I also have a story to tell. And this story might change my life, or will it?

            Choi Minho was walking alone in the middle of a field. In his peaceful momentum, he silently uttered silent words of gratitude for this time he can spend all alone. In his town, everything was pretty. The sun’s rays that grazed upon the grassy surface beneath his feet, the wind’s breeze blowing against his face, and the happy townfolks entertaining and socializing with one another. Everything was all just perfect. A smile formed on his face which later vanished as he thought of the imperfection he wanted to delete from his existence. His life.

            Minho was adopted. After his parents died, he and his brother were left alone on their own. But due to the cruelty of the world, these two siblings were separated. Now, Minho was forced to live with two married people who did nothing but yell at each other. His parents died when he was still young so he didn’t even remember their smiling faces or their sweet voices. He didn’t even know what kind of parents they were. Were they good or bad? But that didn’t matter. All he wanted was to see his real family. He wanted to get away from this life. ‘If only someone could give me a chance to escape.’

            Just as Minho was heading back to his house, he stopped for a while as he saw a shadow at the corner. He ran nearer to the shadow and saw a long-haired girl wearing a hat which covered her face. A puzzled expression was obvious on Minho’s face when the girl handed him an pearlescent blue envelope with his name beautifully handwritten at the front. When he turned back his eyes to the mysterious girl, she was nowhere to be found.

            “Who was that?” he mumbled to himself.

            Minho went inside his house and directly went to his room, not even pausing for a while to greet his parents who were, for sure, arguing about some nonsense once again. He then locked the door of his room. He looked at the envelope he was holding and thought whether he should read it or just ignore it. Minutes of deciding, he opened the envelope and saw a folded paper. He began to unfold it and once he had, he saw nothing but a clean sheet of paper. Minho threw it at the ground and just shrugged thinking that it might have been some prank. He turned off the lights and tried to sleep. For some reason, his mind was crazy thinking about something.

            He was staring at the wall and then turned. He saw the letter he just threw and noticed there was something shining on the paper. He picked it up and saw words written on it with a silver pen. Written on it was informations about his personal data. 

‘We are glad to announce that you are chosen to be one of the scholars at S.M.S! We are hoping for your positive response and give us the priviledge to teach you. This chance is something you can never have once again so we hope your prescence will be with us the next time.

            Now that’s one weird scholarship application. A prank, that it certainly is. Though Minho thought that it was all rubbish and stupid, he still wondered how that letter had words written on it. He swore he saw nothing written on it earlier. Or maybe he can only read it with lights off? How could that happen? It’s not even glow in the dark or something. ‘Aish, chincha. Who cares? I’ll just sleep and forget about it.’

            But he didn’t. Days passed by and he thought everything was back to normal. It wasn’t. Whenever Minho walked in a public place, he felt as if someone was looking at him. It was horrible. Because of these things which distracted him, he couldn’t focus that much anymore while playing football. This, then, became the reason why he wasn’t able to participate in the upcoming regional competitions of his favorite sport. His coach once said, “Sorry, my little boy, but we can’t afford to let you play in such an important event with your situation right now.”

            He was starting to get pissed off when suddenly, he remembered something. As soon as he arrived inside his room, he searched thoroughly for that scholarship application and read the part that said something about his parents. He was right. The names written on his parents’ information wasn’t his foster parents’, they were his real parents’. . . probably. He doesn’t remember the names of his real parents, you see, so he was still having doubts whether or not was his guess true. How could he ignore such detail? But if his guess was right, how did they know his real parents? How could someone possibly know his parents when even he, himself, doesn’t know?

            Next day, he read the address that was written in his application and found himself standing on a building. It was a huge building and it, perhaps, exceeds 30 floors. He then moved an unsure step into the building. Next thing he knew, everything in his life changed. ‘There’s no turning back.’       

 

Years later. . .

 

“so-no ai de kanzen ni naru tame ni

umarete kitandamirai o terashi-daeima

made no oroka na boku o yakitsukue yoai no

"Fire, Fire" tokae ko-no kokoro omoh

 Don’t look back”

           The fans cheered loudly as I and my other co-members bowed together. We gave our sincerest thanks to everyone for supporting us and after a few minutes, we went to the backstage. Our concert is now done but our day has yet to become more complicated. Our real job is not singing nor dancing. Being an idol is all just a backup for who we are and what we do.

           “Ahh, I’m so tired. Anyone who has a report?” Our leader, Lee Jinki or also known as Onew asked.

           “Hyung, can’t we take a break for awhile first?” Lee Taemin, our maknae, complained.

           “I’ll go get a drink for a while, yoreobun. Key goon, you want something?” Kim Jonghyun, the vocals, asked.

           “Get me water,” I said. “Thanks.”

           “Water for me, too, hyung,” Key said.

           “Tch, I wasn’t talking to you, Minho goon,” Jonghyun replied and went to get our drinks.

            “So, what was our mission once again?” I said, remembering about our other job.

            “We have to know whose under all those several chains of death that have been happening, lately. Reports said that all the victims had purple lips. It means--” Taemin’s reporting was interrupted by someone.

            “Poisoning?” Key asked.

            “Yeah. The victims also had burn marks with them,” Minho informed.

            “What kind of burn marks?” Onew asked. I gave hyung the picture I got and everyone went to look at it. Out of nowhere, Jonghyun hyung came and gasped.

            “I think I saw that somewhere. Where’d I see it again?” Hyung touched his head as he thought where he saw it.

            “Ahh! Isn’t that like the sign in one of stores we see in Gangnam?” Key asked.

            “Yeah, that’s the one! Yah, Kim Kibum, why did you tell that just now? You should have saved me from thinking,” Jjong hyung complained. There these two go again. Aish, chincha.

            “I just saw it! It’s all because of your big head. Tch,” Key defended himself.

            “Shouldn’t we be going there right now?” Taeminnie scratched his head.

            “Ne. Yah, yeorobun, break time is over. We’ll continue brainstorming on our way there, okay?” The leader said. Just like that, we all turned from ordinary singers to extraordinary spies.

 

            I am Choi Minho. A member of the famous contemporary band, SHINee. The rapper and visual of my group. A KPOP idol as what they say. The boring life I thought that would never changed gradually turned into a more complicated one. Somewhere in the deepest part of the earth, a secret of mine lies that’s yet to unfold. And no matter what happens, it shall always remain a secret. But will it?