Under the same roof

Boyfriend Substitute

 

Ji Won smiled softly at the petite female slumped at the front door of her apartment. “Hyejung-ah” she shook her sisters arm gently. Slowly stirring awake, Hyejung’s eyes fluttered open. She  was welcomed by Ji Won’s warm smile and helping hand as she pulled her off the ground and invited her into her apartment. “Why did you wait so long? You should have gone home. Aunt Lee is probably worried crazy. Why don’t you give her a call to tell her where you are.” Ji Won turned around and fast asleep on her couch was Hyejung. Ji Won shook her head knowingly. *You must be really tired*

*BRRRRIIING BRRRINNNG*

“Yoboseyo?”

“Aunt Lee! I just called to let you know that Hyejung is with me. It’s too late to drive her back home and it’s pouring rain outside. I’ll send her to school tomorrow and you can pick her up afterwards.”

“Ah, arraso. Thank you for calling Ji Won. If you have time, come by and I’ll make your favourite dishes.”

“Ne. Good Night Aunt Lee”

Ji Won draped a blanket over a sleeping Hyejing and hit the showers. She let out a sigh of relief as the warm water made contact with her skin. Midnight showers were always so relaxing. She squeezed the soap onto her hands and began to gently rub it into her skin, massaging her sore arms and legs.  Her moment of serenity was interrupted by the doorbell. Ji Won hurriedly rinsed and dressed herself and rushed to the door, her hair still dripping wet. She looked through the peephole and furrowed her brows in confusion. What was Yoo Young Jae doing at her door? Ji Won stood in contemplation – to open the door or not to? In the end, she was forced to because of his insistent rapping on the door. Ji Won was afraid it was going to wake Hyejung up.

“What are you doing here Young Jae?” she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

“What do you mean, ‘what are you doing here’. It was part of the contract. You have to provide me with a place to stay.” He replied with a hint of irritation in his voice. Ji Won looked at him confused...

...

She shut her eyes and sighed as she  came to the realisation. Ji Won turned to Hyejung who was sleeping soundly. *You always forget to tell me the most important things* She huffed as she returned her attention to Young Jae. Young Jae stood leaning against the wall with a tired and bored expression. “So where are YOU sleeping?”

“On my bed” where else was she going to sleep? What a stupid question. Ji Won rolled her eyes. “You’re sleeping on the floor” she grabbed a bed sheet, a blanket and a pillow out of the wardrobe and threw it at him and gestured for him to lay them out on the living room carpet. Young Jae gaped at her. Was this any way to treat a guest? He gritted his teeth as he proceeded to lay out his ‘bed’ for the night. It was only then did he notice a sleeping girl on the couch. A smirk crossed his lips.

“Sure! I’ll sleep out here” he called out, loud enough for Ji Won to hear who had already made herself comfortable in her bed. “But I can’t be held responsible to what happens to this gorgeous creature lying out here with me.”

Ji Won’s eyes shot open. She had forgotten that Hyejung was out there WITH him. She shot out of bed and sped to the living room. *You win, Yoo Young Jae* she thought bitterly.  He smiled as he watched Ji Won slip under the blanket. Clearly satisfied that he now had the bed to sleep on.  Ji Won clenched her fists and took in a deep breath as she remembered the events of earlier today.

She huffed as she recalled how Young Jae pushed her away the moment Woohyun turned his back to her, causing her to stumble over.  Even if he was only a pretend boyfriend, he should at least have the courtesy to treat her like an acquaintance even when they weren’t putting on an act. She didn’t like him already and they hadn’t even spent 24 hours with him. She didn’t want to think about the course of their relationship now that they’re living under the same roof. 

 

He, Hi! Thank you to my first two subscribers, comments and subscriptions mean a lot to me and hopefully i'll be getting a lot more in the future. :) I'm starting things off 'slow' and will speed it up in the upcoming chapters. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and i'll see you guys soon <3