You Call It A Barn, I Call It Home

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, Catch A Groom Before You Go!

 

*Jisue’s POV*

“Oh my gosh…” Kevin stopped in the doorway of my apartment.

“What?” I pushed past him, trying to see what he was staring at.

“How does an apartment even get this messy? And how does a person live in this kind of environment?” he scrunched his nose at the disaster I called my living space.

“It’s not so bad,” I said, folding a piece of fabric and setting it on top of the haphazard pile. “There really is a sense of organization here. Other people just can’t really see it.”

“Well that’s the truth,” he remarked, taking careful steps into the apartment.

“So, where should we start?” I asked, plopping down in my egg-shaped chair.

“You can start by tackling this mess.”

“But whyyyy?” I whined. “Nobody’s going to be in my apartment.”

“Um, you’re going to marry the guy. I’m sure he’s going to want to see how you live before committing his life to you.”

“Ughhhh, I hate this,” I groaned, stuffing a pillow in my face. Then I peaked out from behind the pillow as cutely as possible, “Can’t we start tomorrow oppaaaa?? Pleaseee??”

“I am kind of tired,” Kevin remarked, “I suppose waiting a few more hours wouldn’t hurt. I have some things I have to take care of anyway.”

“Yayy!” I jumped out of the chair and ran over to him, throwing my arms around his neck. “Thank you oppa!”

“You’re welcome,” he giggled. “But I’m going to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow. When do you get out of work?”

“I don’t start my new position for two weeks. They’re having complications with one of the designers taking a “spur of the moment vacation” or something.”

“Perfect! That gives us lots of time to get you ready for dating!” Kevin smiled, then blew me a kiss from the doorway. “Good night Ms. Assistance Designer Soon To Be Married!”

“Aigoo!” I stuck out my tongue at him. “Good night Mr. Dating 101!”

Once Kevin was gone I grabbed the TV remote and Project Runway; my favorite show. Unused fabric padded my walked to the kitchen in my search for something to snack on. The refrigerator proved too boring for me, so I moved on to the freezer. My mind wandered as I stood staring into the frozen box in boredom. Finally I grabbed a tub of Cookies ‘N Cream ice cream, a spoon from the drawer and headed back to the couch.

Models glided down the runway on my screen, displaying the new trends of the season. Those clothes were brand new; never created before in the whole world. They belonged to the designer and just the designer.

“I want people to wear my clothes,” I spoke through a spoonful of ice cream, then glanced at an unfinished dress sitting on the arm of the couch. “You deserve to be worn. You’re beautiful! I’m sorry I’m not popular enough for people to wear you yet. Once I get promoted again, you’ll have your chance. Everyone will be wearing clothes just like you, and they’ll be made by me!”

My eyes wandered back to the TV and the sight made me grimace.

“Ugh! I hope that’s not how people see my clothes. It’s so ugly! The designer must’ve thought it was beautiful when they made it though… I guess as long as you have confidence you can pull it off.”

“Gahhhh,” I stretched out on the couch, throwing my feet over the back and hanging my headed over the cushions so the TV was upside down to me. “Peopleeeee! Just wear my clothesssss!” I whined, scooping some ice cream and putting it in my mouth.

“Jus- gah- ugh! Kkkkk gack-,” I quickly sat back up, choking on the cold dessert in my mouth. “Jeez!”

------------------------

 

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on my pillow the next morning. Groggily, I grabbed it and held it to my ear.

“Whhhhhat?” I groaned.

“Wake up Sleeping Beauty! It’s time to clean!” Kevin’s cheery voice rang through the receiver, making me cringe.

“I don’t wannaaa,” I grumbled.

“Come on, Jisue. Do you want to keep your job?” Kevin threatened.

“I’ll just be a designer in the Philippines,” I retorted, turning over in bed.

“And live with your mother?”

“Okay, I’m up!” I threw off the covers and slipped on my slippers. “When will you be here?”

“I am here.”

“What?!” I hurried out to my door and peaked through the little hole to see Kevin waiting in the hallway. “Wh-, ugh!”

“Good morning!” Kevin greeted me as I slowly opened the door. “Don’t you look nice!”

“Shut up,” I threatened. “I just woke up.”

“Alright, alright,” he giggled. “I brought some cleaning supplies and some bins for you to store stuff in.

“Awesome,” I sighed, walking over to the refrigerator and grabbing the orange juice. “You can get started. I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Where are you going?” Kevin narrowed his eyes.

“A girl needs a morning shower!” I said obviously, taking a swig of orange juice before putting the carton back. “Don’t peak or I’ll kill you.”

“Do you really think I’d want to see you ?” he scrunched his nose. 

“Yes, because I’m the iest girl you know,” my reply was accompanied by a loud belch.

“Because that was y,” he rolled his eyes.

“You know it,” I smirked before going into my bedroom and shutting the door behind me.