53

Forbidden Boys

Eunbi sat her desk, her mind occupied with the thought about what would happen between Yixing and her now when there was barely a month left till he graduated. She wasn’t even sure of anything. Moreover, had he made up his mind about that University in China? Eunbi heaved a sigh and looked at the clock hanging over the blackboard, only to let out yet another sigh when she noticed there was still half an hour left. Half an hour seemed like an eternity, especially since she wanted to talk to Yixing as soon as possible. That she was grounded after the little incident during New Year’s Eve, with the alcohol and all, gave her limited opportunities to speak with him, too, since she had to get home once school ended. It’d been a stupid decision to drink. But there was nothing Eunbi could do now. What’s done is done and she would have to accept that.

 

Whispers could be heard from some of the girls behind her. Whispers Eunbi paid no real attention to. At least not until her own name was mentioned along with Sehun’s. It made no sense why they’d be whispering about the two of them so Eunbi looked over her shoulder, curious to know who they were, only to be greeted with expressions of disgust. Not just from the two girls seated behind her, but several others as well. Even some of the guys were giving her side glances, and Eunbi was left wondering what the hell was going on as she turned her attention back to the blackboard in front. But to focus became impossible for all Eunbi heard was the whispers. They were all around her and she was getting more and more anxious as the minutes ticked on. Ahbin noticed it too, how students around stared and spoke in hushed voices. And just like Eunbi, Ahbin had no idea what was going on.

 

“Just ignore them.” it wasn’t that easy. Not when the whispers continued to haunt Eunbi, who, once the period ended thirty minutes later, left the room. She felt like a nerve-wreck and had to lean against the wall for support. The short moment of relief though, of having escaped everyone's whispers and glances were short-lived for the hallway were soon enough filled with hushed voices. For whatever reason, the spotlight had suddenly fallen upon Sehun and her, and Eunbi could not understand why. Nothing had happened between the two. Nothing that anyone in school could’ve known of at least. The memory of the kiss flashed in her head for a second before she shook it away. No one knew about that. Unless. . . A terrible thought crossed her mind. What if he’d told someone? What if he’d done it accidentally? What if someone actually knew?

 

Eunbi panicked. She needed to speak to Sehun, needed to question him about this situation. Another part of her told her to look unfazed by it all, as if it didn’t bother her. It would probably have been the best to do so. To let the whole thing die down. But the fear was there, eating away and causing Eunbi such discomfort that she couldn’t let it be. She had to find Sehun and therefore came up with an excuse to tell Ahbin before she hurried down the hallway, past students that stared and whispered. Ahbin couldn’t know what was troubling her, not yet. Not when she herself had no idea what was going on.

 

The person she ran into however, right as she entered the stairwell was not Sehun but rather Yixing. The latter came to a halt in an instant upon seeing Eunbi, who, just as Yixing, did the same. The panic she’d felt moments earlier left way for such happiness that she walked up to him, wrapped her arms around his waist, and pressed her cheek against his chest. Nothing else mattered then and there. Not even Sehun.

 

“I missed you.” she bit her lip, trying to keep herself from crying.

 

“I missed you, too.” his words eased her troubled mind for a short moment. A moments that lasted far too short, and Eunbi suppressed the frown that threatened to show when Yixing leaned back. She noticed quite instantly that something was off, that he seemed bothered. A feeling that only increased when their eyes locked. Fear gripped her again, this time stronger, and she looked away, scared that he knew something she didn’t want him to. Like for example, the kiss she’d shared with Sehun. Well. More like the kiss he’d forced on her. She was given no chance either, to speak, because another voice interrupted all too suddenly. Luhan’s voice was loud and clear and Eunbi gulped as she turned to face the other male. Terrified would be a suitable word to describe what she felt for sheer terror was causing havoc within, and she wanted to escape from there before Luhan said anything.

 

“How convenient it is to run into you.” Luhan smiled and met eyes with Eunbi. The latter realized right away that he seemed to know about the rumour. Hell. If there was anyone that knew about the kiss it was Luhan. The mere thought of it, that he might be the one behind the rumour going around made Eunbi so angry she snapped at him.

 

“Could you leave.” she glared at him, set in a frown.

 

“Hm. I don’t think you are entitled to tell me what to do.” Luhan scoffed. And the torment continued for Eunbi, who, when Sehun suddenly appeared, paled. The latter’s appearance had Eunbi reacting and she her heel, grabbed a hold of Yixing’s hand, and dragged him away. She lead him as far away as she possibly could before she came to a halt. Her heart was racing and she found it incredibly hard to meet the older male’s eyes as she was certain he wanted to know what was happening and why she was behaving like that. Eunbi had no answer to give him. And it sure didn’t get easier when he asked if there was any problems between her and her two stepbrothers.

 

“No. Luhan’s just being annoying.” she wasn’t lying, she was just not telling the whole truth. Luckily, Yixing seemed content with that for he nodded, as if understanding. This gave Eunbi some relief, if only for a short while because the bell rang and thus left her with no option but to split from him and head back to her homeroom.

 

“I’ll see you at lunch.” she smiled, now even convinced that he couldn’t know anything about the rumours, before she hurried down the hallway in the direction of where they’d come from. It was probably only a matter of hours though, until the rumours reached him and she’d have to explain that whatever was said were nothing but lies. With that in mind, Eunbi turned left and was immediately greeted by the stairwell. But instead of taking the stairs up like she should have, she did the opposite. The reason for that was Sehun. She’d heard his voice coming from one of the floors below and decided to take this chance to speak to him. It was necessary for Eunbi, who, once she caught up with him would question what the hell was going on.

 

And not so surprisingly she found him at his usual spot, smoking those damn cigarettes of his.

 

“You.” she was furious, thinking that he had been the one who’d started the rumour in an attempt to get back at her for something. The lack of reaction was a bit unsettling and Eunbi became a bit wary of what he might do. Still. This needed an end and Sehun was her only suspect.

 

“It was you, wasn’t it? You’ve told everyone.” she stared at him, irritated and angry. Sehun remained unfazed by the accusation as he put the cigarette to his lips and drew a breath. His behaviour, with how calm he acted, ticked Eunbi off and without further ado she extended her hand and ripped the cigarette from between his lips. She let it fall to the ground before she stepped on it.

 

“There. Could you answer my question now. Did you start the rumour?” her patience was beginning to fade.

 

“Of course. I mean, why wouldn’t I want everyone to know about our kiss.” his sarcasm went by unnoticed for all Eunbi focused on was the content of the rumour.

 

“The kiss. Is that what the rumour is about.” she paled at the mere thought of everyone knowing that the two of them had kissed. No wonder people had given her weird looks. Yixing. Her heart hurt knowing that he would most certainly know about it within a near future. If he didn’t already know. She felt sick to her stomach.

 

Sehun frowned when the younger girl her heel and ran back inside. He didn’t like this at all. He didn’t like that someone went about and spread rumours of him and Eunbi. It didn’t matter that it happened to be true this time because it was none of anyone’s business.


Frustrated, he fished out a second cigarette. One he was about to lit when he caught sight of Luhan. The latter was standing at the window on the second floor, staring right back at him. The smirk on his brother’s face was obvious and Sehun showed him the middle finger, convinced that the older male had something to do with this ing mess.