29

Forbidden Boys

 

 

Thursday. The alarm on her nightstand rang at 6.30 am sharp. It was morning and time to get ready for school. They’d gotten back pretty late and Eunbi was, even though she’d slept in the car, still relatively tired and worn out. Getting up, she yawned, took two painkillers, got her uniform, and then headed for the bathroom and a refreshing shower. Much to her relief, neither of the two males were present in the hallway, something that gave her enough time to slip from her room, hurry past Luhan’s bedroom, and lock herself inside the bathroom. They would be up pretty soon though, so Eunbi needed to make it quick. The fact that her mother and stepfather left for work like usual didn’t make the situation any easier. But one thing was different however, because the older woman promised they’d all have a family talk later, once they were all home. What would be brought to attention, Eunbi couldn’t know, and she was, truth to be told, not exactly looking forward to it. Sure, she was happy her mother took her side the previous day, not only by telling Luhan to shut up. But also because of how she’d acted during dinner. Her mother had been more open, hadn’t snapped at either of them, except for Luhan when he’d voiced out his disgust over the house as they sat in the car. It gave Eunbi some hope for the future. That maybe something would change.


A sudden loud sound caught her off guard moments later, just as she was getting dressed. It startled her so much she let out a yelp and turned to face the door, terror and fear rising within. She didn’t dare exit, not when she was unsure of what was going on. To make matters worse, Eunbi watched as the door handle was pushed down, as if someone was trying to get into the bathroom. “Don’t think you’re safe just because your mother decided to play hero.” his voice tore into her heart and mind, the emotions so strong it shock her to the core. It was insane how much he could control her, how big of an impact he had. It left her gasping for air. She was scared. Real scared. But he’d win if she showed him just how terrified she were. And because of that, Eunbi walked up to the door and unlocked it. The reaction from his side was immediate and she flinched as his hard eyes found hers. “It’s cute how you are trying to be brave and all,” Luhan paused mid sentence, his eyes flashing in amusement, before he reached out and grabbed a hold of her chin, “but I’m not done with you.” she recoiled and took a step back, fear and confusion engulfing her. She acted like a coward again, the braveness completely gone.


Eunbi stared at him, not understanding why he was still acting as such. Her mother said she’d talked to them, made them realise they needed to behave and respect her. It’d been a vital point in the negotiating. But had that been simple lies? Maybe her mother hadn’t spoken to them at all and instead tricked the girl. “Why? Aren’t you supposed to tell me to off? Luhan scoffed when she made no attempt to either yell or beat him down, “thought so. Once a coward, always a coward. Right?” Eunbi felt her blood boil at that point. Sure, she wasn’t the bravest there was, but that didn’t mean he had the right to push her around and treat her like trash. “The only coward is you.” the words slipped from her tongue before she’d managed to rethink them, and she stared at him, eyes wide. “What did you say?” Eunbi decided it was time to scram and made a beeline for her bedroom. Once in safety, the girl heaved a sigh, sank down on the bed, and buried her face in her hands. Luhan had yet again succeeded in terrorizing her. He’d made sure that Eunbi, once more, doubted everything. That maybe her mother hadn’t kept her end of the deal.


She left for school long before the first class started due to that, all to avoid the two brothers. An ordeal Eunbi almost came to regret if it hadn’t been for Yixing, whom she ran into at the supermarket nearby their school when she was about to buy breakfast. She’d forgotten her last money at home in the rush to get away from there, something she only realized as she stood at the front of the line, about to pay. Luckily and much to Eunbi’s relief, he bought the bread and drink for her. “Thank you.” she couldn’t thank him enough as they headed for school farther down the road, a slight blush evident on her cheeks. “Don’t mention it.” and it was about then, as she munched on the sweet bread, that she took notice of it. That Ahbin wasn’t with him, which was unusual.


“Where’s Ahbin?” no phone call two days ago and now she’s not even around. Had something happened? An eery feeling made itself known and she found herself come to a halt. Luhan wouldn’t dare, would he? To try and get to her through Ahbin? He couldn’t be so cruel, or could he? Somewhere deep down, she hesitated, for there was a slight possibility. “She said something about being sick. The flu I think.” Yixing shrugged his shoulders like it was nothing to worry about. “Actually I don’t really know whether she’s truly sick or just playing. I mean, she always get sick the day after we get our mid-term report cards.” playing sick? Did that even work nowadays? Well, at least that were somewhat better than being harassed by Luhan. “Oh.” but that also meant she stood alone against everyone. “Right. I wanted to ask you something before I forget.” Eunbi reacted upon hearing him speak, her pulse racing considerably faster than earlier, “what?” the beats of her heart echoed in her ears, and it felt as if it would burst from her chest any moment. “There’s a swimming competition on Saturday and Ahbin sort of signed up to take care of a few things. But now since she’s sick, she can’t, obviously. So I wondered whether you would be able to take over for her instead?” whatever she’d expected, it was most certainly not that. Not that Eunbi was too disappointed, for the competition served as an opportunity to see Yixing. That she knew nothing about swimming or organizing events didn’t cross her mind, “sure.”


Eunbi was normally an easy target for the school’s bullies, but more so when Ahbin was absent. And this time was no different. “How’s our little Eunbi today?” the girls’ restroom was seriously the wrong place to be, something she should’ve known. But with all that was going on, Eunbi forgot. It’d slipped her mind and she was paying the price for it now, as she stood flushed against the wall, facing four girls from another class. “I’ve done nothing, so leave me alone.” having to act brave once again was unlike her, but obviously something she would have to continue with if anything were going to change. She couldn’t let them do whatever they wanted anymore. Eunbi’s attempt to leave though, was cut short when arms latched onto hers and thereby kept her in place.


“Who said we were done?” one of the girls not holding onto her smirked, grabbed onto Eunbi’s shirt and tore it open, buttons flying everywhere as a result. “Does it hurt?” the same girl asked, and before Eunbi knew it, fingers pressed against her skin. It hurt like ing hell, but she couldn’t scream. Not when the fourth girl had slapped a hand over . The painkillers didn’t even help as the pressure was put directly on the bruises. “Maybe you should rethink next time before you open your mouth and spill everything to the teachers.” fun, they were mad because they thought she’d ratted them out, which wasn’t true. She’d pleaded for the school nurse to not say anything, and that hadn’t worked out too well apparently. “Just think of this as a reminder to keep your mouth shut from now on.” it would’ve been great if it ended with that. But it didn’t and Eunbi doubled over in pain just as the bell rang, and after the other girl slapped her hard in the stomach.


And whilst they left, she kneeled on the floor, clutching her stomach and trying to breath. That her shirt was practically ruined was of no importance, as she tried to get the throbbing to lessen. There was one positive thing though, about the class having started, for no one would walk in on her pathetic self as she tried to stand up. But that was also all. She couldn’t get back to class in her current state, with half her stomach showing. A side effect of not being able to button the shirt close. Instead, Eunbi sneaked towards the staircase and the school entrance, completely disregarding the fact that her backpack was still at her seat. She had to get home before anyone saw her, something that worked perfectly fine until she reached the yard behind the school building and saw Sehun leaning against the wall, staring straight at her as he smoked.


Eunbi blinked, followed his gaze and panicked when she realized her stomach and a couple of bruises were on display for him to see. It had the said girl tugging at the fabric as to hide her skin and the obvious signs that something was wrong. “Shouldn’t you be in class?” Eunbi asked in an attempt to shift the attention away from herself. “Probably.” Sehun eyed the younger girl with interest, his gaze every so often flickering down to look at her shirt as it was kept in place by her hands. “Luhan?” he asked whilst inhaling yet another breath of smoke. He couldn’t say he would be surprised though, if it was revealed his brother tried to force himself on her. Especially now, after what Eunbi’s mother did the day before they went to Daegu. The bruises however, seemed old and -. His thoughts were abruptly cut short when he felt the cigarette slip from his lips by a forceful yank. “You shouldn’t smoke. It’ll give you cancer and you’ll die.” Eunbi stated matter of factly, forgetting about the part that she was supposed to be on her way home and not stand there with Sehun, and moved on to toss the cigarette on the ground. “We’re all going to die someday,” he pulled out his packet of cigarettes and put another one to his lips, “and I so just happen to give the grim reaper a head start.” Eunbi, suddenly enraged by his nonchalance and lack of respect for life, took a hold of his new cigarette, broke it in half, and threw it away. The other ones followed the same fate after she’d managed to snatch the package from his hands.


By doing so, she’d also let go of her shirt and thus caused the fabric to slip open, thereby giving the older male a chance to see a part of her bruised body once again. Sehun was too distracted though, by the destroyed cigarettes scattered on the ground, to even see it. “You’re going to have to pay for those.” he glanced up to look at her, his gaze instantly focusing on the bare skin showing. But that wasn’t anything Eunbi took notice of, where he was staring, as she replied, “make me.” in difference to Luhan, Sehun didn’t make her feel horrified in the same way his older brother did, something that changed though, the instant he spoke, “I don’t think you’d want that.” his gaze darkened and she paled, instinctively grabbing at her shirt as he moved away from the wall. Eunbi froze, unable to move as he continued to inch closer. “Scared?” she gulped, feeling her heart pound faster and faster. He came to a stop right in front of her, his gaze so intense she felt her eyelids flutter close. It had to be a dream. A real bad dream at that for Sehun was acting too out of character. It was so not him to behave -. Eunbi gasped, her whole body turning rigid as he suddenly placed his hands on top of hers, pulling at her shirt. “Or maybe you like it.” her eyes snapped open at his words, and she felt her stomach constrict as she stared up into his dark orbs. But confusion and fear left way for anger and frustration, “why the hell would I do that?” her voice was far from friendly, “and can you let go?” she tried to pry his hands away, an ordeal that only caused him to smirk and tighten his hold. He was toying with her. She realised that when he dipped his head, as if to kiss her, but instead put his lips to her ear, “no wonder Luhan’s enjoying playing with you.” Eunbi couldn’t breathe, couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. All she did was stare ahead of her as he continued, “you’re not even fighting it.” Sehun said through gritted teeth before he leaned back, let go of her shirt, and stepped away. “You wouldn’t have gotten away so easily if it’d been Luhan.” Eunbi was left speechless, not only by the situation itself, but also by how upset he sounded. She didn’t understand anything. “And change that goddamn shirt.” what in the world had happened to him? Did he hit his head somewhere?

~~~

Author’s Note

Hi, I just wanted to apologize for not answering any questions regarding the story.

The reason for that is because I don’t want to accidentally reveal or destroy anything.
I promise you though, that I read all your comments.