16

Forbidden Boys

 

 

She awoke to the sound of birds chirping, her eyelids fluttering open to the sight of sunbeams streaming in through the cracks in the window. Knowing that she wouldn’t have to try and find her way back in the middle of pouring rain eased her mind considerably, as it would be a problem if the clothes she wore got wet. The feeling of relief however, wasn’t long lived and Eunbi let out a screech when she found out Sehun had entangled himself in the blanket and was leaning against her with his head on her shoulder. “Yah. Wake up.” annoyed and slightly disgusted she shoved his head away, thus causing the older male to topple over and land on his side.


“What the .” his voice was hoarse and Eunbi couldn’t help but to let out a small laugh as she saw him struggle to get up, “it’s your own fault.” there were no chance she would help him out, something that became even more definite once she spotted drool on her shoulder and on Yixing’s shirt. “Ugh. You’ve drooled on my shirt.” grossed out she got up, headed out to the living room and grabbed Sehun’s shirt, one she the used in a try to wipe away the drool. To her disappointment it didn’t work. “You’re so washing this shirt.” there was a moment of silence before she heard him laugh, “not going to happen.” his answer wasn’t well received by Eunbi, who shouted at him, “you can say goodbye to your own shirt then.” and so, within a minute she stood outside the house, staring up on the piece of clothing hanging from a branch several meters up.


Sehun on the other hand, weren’t quite as happy once he saw his shirt. “Yah. You’re not leaving until you get it down.” it was her turn to laugh, “not going to happen.” she used the exact same words he’d done just moments earlier, “you go get it yourself.” honestly, he could do whatever he wanted because Eunbi was leaving. She’d had enough of it all and decided to look for a way back to the campsite. What she didn’t expect though, was that Sehun would follow after her. Therefore did it come as an immense surprise when arms wrapped around her from behind. “If you don’t get my shirt, I’ll take yours.” to add on with his statement Sehun grabbed onto the hem with one hand whilst the other kept Eunbi in place. “I’m serious. I won’t hesitate to strip you off it.” maybe Sehun and Luhan were more alike than she thought. Not that it was of any significant help for Eunbi, who shivered and trashed about when his hand sneaked under the fabric and came in contact with her stomach. “Okay. Okay.” Sehun released her in an instant, glad to get his hands off and away from the younger girl. He disliked Eunbi and wanted nothing to do with her. But if that’s what he had to do, then so be it. Because having to walk back to the campsite and everyone else without a shirt wasn’t anything he wanted. Not when it would spark unnecessary questions. That he got back together with Eunbi was already bad enough, especially as Yuna would be all over him, asking him what they’d done and where they’d stayed the night. The boy flinched at the thought.


The lack of concentration from his side gave Eunbi the perfect chance to escape, something she also did. The leaves that’d fallen crunched underneath her feet as she ran towards where she thought the camp was located. Eunbi wasn’t sure though, because she couldn’t remember the path they’d taken the day before, and was therefore slightly agitated. She was scared she wouldn’t find her way back. The sudden thought terrified the said girl, who stopped in her tracks to validate her choices and which way she was going to take. Eunbi let her eyes roam the surroundings, they were searching for anything that could be of help. Much to her disappointment however, was trees and nothing but trees the only thing she saw. It caused her to cry and let out an ear deafening scream, “I NEED HELP.” the possibility of Sehun hearing didn’t cross her mind, not until she heard the ruffling of leaves and the increasing sounds of footsteps. The situation brought great stress for Eunbi, who panicked the moment she spotted Sehun heading towards her. “YAH!” the way her heart almost stopped was a quick reminder that she would keep out of his way the next coming days, for his tone was far from friendly.


She started running again. With Sehun following close behind. The whole situation felt like one of those nightmares she had as a child, where she was being chased by a monster. That Sehun were yelling at her to stop didn’t exactly ease the feeling. It only increased her heartbeat and caused her to lose all sense of concentration. And because of that, she ran without thinking of the possible dangers lurking within the forest.


Something Eunbi became aware of only after running into a certain person, who stared down at her with a smirk, “having fun?” the girl backed away, her pulse racing even faster as she looked at Luhan, who’d now stepped closer, thus closing the gap between the two. “Why, aren’t you glad to see me?” Eunbi wasn’t sure whether to cry or laugh at his statement, as he was the absolute last person she wanted to see, “get lost.” she didn’t care the slightest about how she spoke to him, for respect was no longer of importance to her. Eunbi was so fed up with Luhan and the way he acted that she no longer cared.


“LEAVE.” she shouted and to further strengthen her point she shoved him in the chest. Thereby causing the older male to take a step or two back. Luhan though, acted completely unfazed by the outburst, “hmm.” he tilted his head to the side, his smirk growing even wider, “so you have a rebellious side.” the few moments of rage and fury had a surprisingly strong impact on Luhan. It was a side of her he’d never seen and truth to be told, he liked it better. Sehun appeared in front of them though, before he got the chance to continue and Luhan narrowed his eyes, not appreciating the sudden addition. That his younger brother had been missing all night as well wasn’t anything that’d bothered him quite as much as it probably should’ve.


Eunbi her heel, took a few steps away from them both and then looked up at Sehun, “I’m not getting your shirt.” the girl made sure to keep her distance in case any of them would try something, “it’s your own fault.” not only had he slept next to her throughout the night, but he’d also drooled on Yixing’s sweatshirt, one she’d borrowed because all her own things were soaked. “And you,” she pointed right at Luhan, “you need help. Actually, both of you do.” Eunbi let her gaze wander between the two males, who stared at her with mild interest until Luhan couldn’t take it anymore and laughed. It was loud and incredibly bothersome for Eunbi, for she understood he wasn’t taking any of it seriously. Something that pissed her off even more. “You think this is a joke?” the sight of him acting as such brought the worst out of her, “is this what you do every time you don’t want to listen? Every time you don’t want to care?” that he didn’t care of anyone besides himself was rather obvious, especially after everything she’d heard and seen at home and in school. Still, they were supposed to be stepsiblings, and with that came a certain responsibility.


Luhan stopped in his action, his laughter died and he moved about to glare at the younger girl, “so what?” You think you can just barge into our lives and change everything.” the male let a sarcastic laugh slip from his lips. And Eunbi frowned, displeased, when he added on with, “but you know what? You’re right. I don’t give a .” why wasn’t she more surprised? Not even Sehun seemed to bother or care for the words his older brother just uttered. Both of them showed such complete indifference to everything and everyone that Eunbi couldn’t understand how people around them were so spellbound by the two males. Girls surrounded them, overwhelming them with gifts and confessions left and right. Teachers did nothing to stop whatever the two brothers were up to. And worst of all, their father paid no attention to anything revolving them. He gave them instructions but never followed up on whether they’d done them or not, something that’d now come to a point were they did as they pleased. “Will you two just shut up.” Eunbi froze in her thoughts, for Sehun’s voice had been sharp and demanding. She’d almost, almost forgotten about him for a second.


Taking a deep breath the girl let her gaze move over to Sehun, but she said nothing, wasn’t sure what to say. Not until he suddenly inched closer. “Stay away.” she extended her arms in pure instinct, as if that would help. It didn’t and Eunbi was left panic-stricken when he stopped just a mere meter from the girl. His eyes were hard, emotionless, as he glared at her. Sehun didn’t need to say anything for Eunbi understood what he wanted. His shirt. But the ordeal was one she could do nothing about. The piece of clothing laid completely out of reach for the young girl, who, in all honesty, couldn’t care less. “I’m heading back to the camp.” she’d barely managed to take a step before a hand latched onto her arm, thus keeping her in place. “You’re staying.”


Luhan eyed the two, incredibly curious to know what’d happened between them. He wasn’t stupid, he’d already understood they’d spent the night somewhere, and that something had taken place for there was no chance Sehun would willingly take his shirt off. “Aren’t you just lovely.” the joke from Luhan’s side wasn't well received by neither Eunbi or Sehun, the latter even told his brother to off, which in turn caused a situation that craved Sehun’s full attention. One that, much to Eunbi’s appreciation, granted the girl enough time to slip away and run.