When You Two Take A Trip Together

The Guitar Freak

Another story from Segawang Coffee

Enjoy!

===============

“Jagi~” You whispered. You could feel Jonghyun’s head start to lean on your shoulder, just a little too much. You softly tapped him, but he didn’t budge. You exhaled as you blew the bangs out of your face. You two were on a plane that was ready to land into Japan. The flight between Korea and Japan wasn’t very long, but as soon as you two settled down on the plane, Jonghyun instantly started snoozing.

“You must be tired from your busy schedule, huh?” You asked silently, seeing your boyfriend’s handsome sleeping face breathing softly right next to you. Jonghyun has been so busy with schedules and concerts, it seemed like he wasn’t able to catch a break. You kind of felt guilty that the only break he had for the past few weeks was going on this trip with you. It was something you two planned on doing for a while, but there was never a good time to properly relax and plan it. Finally after some time, Jonghyun just called you up a week beforehand saying that you two should just spontaneously go to Japan since planning would take forever. You were caught by surprise that he already book tickets and everything before even knowing if you were busy or not. Luckily, you weren’t and now you’re here for a few days with Jonghyun, just the two of you, on your way to Japan.

 

You heard the announcement blare on the speakers as the pilot chimed in saying that the plane was beginning its descend and the seatbelt sign .

“Jagiya~” You hummed, tapping your boyfriend’s shoulder again as he fidgeted, crossing his arms and closing his eyes tightly, refusing to open them to attain more sleep.  

“Jagiya! Aish, wake up already!” You shook his shoulder roughly and he lifted his head from your shoulder with his eyebrows furrowed, ruffling his hair.

“What is it?” He asked, a slight bit of grumpiness in his voice, wiping his eyes, sitting up from his chair.

“We’re going to land soon, you should put on your seat belt,” You told him as he blinked his eyes a few times to get used to the light. You chuckled at his cute habit. He adjusted his seatbelt and yawned.

“Were you not able to sleep?” Jonghyun asked you as you tightened your seatbelt and pushed the foldable table up.

“It’s a 2-hour flight,” You answered, “I might as well stay awake.” He nodded and pulled open the airplane’s window cover to look at the scenery outside.

“You haven’t seen Japan from above have you?” He asked. You shook your head. It was really the first time you’ve been to Japan so you haven’t experienced anything there.

“I’ve been to Japan many times for promotions and concerts,” He explained, “Come closer, it’s really a sight to see.” You leaned over closer to Jonghyun, but all you could see was blue from the ocean.  You tried to lean over more to catch a glimpse of the land, but you couldn’t move over anymore from your seat. Jonghyun laughed as you struggled and moved the arm of his chair up so you’d have more room to move over.

“You should unbuckle your seat belt,” He advised. You looked over to the seatbelt sign that was on and you hesitated, but he said it was fine just so you can see the scenery.

You quickly detached the seatbelt and freed yourself as you moved over and you could see the stretch of the land and the buildings that looked so small from above. It was a breathtaking sight. You were finally feeling the excitement over this trip.

Suddenly, the airplane swayed and you lost your balance, startled as Jonghyun grabbed your shoulders before you stumbled into him. You looked up and you could feel his stare on you and you blushed, looking away.

“I think that’s a sign I should buckle up,” You stammered as you released your grip on his arms and sat back down on your seat.

The airplane landed safely to the ground and after the pilot’s announcement, you two quickly started to grab your luggage from the top compartments of the plane. You watched Jonghyun grab the bags with no trouble because of his height and strength. After double checking that all your bags have been taken out, you two walked hand in hand through the crowds of people to the exit of the plane.

An airport staff member noticed Jonghyun and greeted him saying that he would you two to the front exit of the airport once your papers and luggage have been quickly verified.

Jonghyun thanked the staff member as he directed the two of you away from the people.

Your airport papers and luggage were checked quickly and you sighed in relief. Now all you guys had to do was get out of the airport and head to the hotel before actually planning what you will be doing with Jonghyun for the remainder of the day.

“There, I’m done,” Jonghyun notified you as he walked over and you gave him a smile. The staff member instructed you two to follow him and as you were getting closer to the exit, you noticed that there were paparazzi around and abruptly stopped walking, making Jonghyun bump into you.

“Why did you stop walking?,” He asked. You pointed to the doors and Jonghyun peered from the corner.

“Aish, I thought I took care of this,” He sighed, “How do these people find out when I’m going places? Even for personal purposes. There wasn’t any trouble at Korea.”

The staff member noticed you two stopped before the turn to the exit and walked back over. You two were thinking of some idea to avoid going through the crowds because no one knew you were dating Jonghyun.

You crossed your arms, trying to think of something, but you had no idea. You two couldn’t go through another exit because in the end, the car that was reserved for the two of you was right in the front, waiting for your arrival, along with all your luggage.

“How about I go out ahead?” You suggested to Jonghyun, “They shouldn’t really care about me so I can just get to the car quickly. The windows are fully tinted so once I get inside, the press won’t know I’m there.”

Jonghyun was still unsure of the idea.

“Isn’t your luggage heavy though? What happens if they look over and realize you’re packing your stuff in the same car?” He asked.  You looked at your duffel bag and your roller case.

“It shouldn’t be that bad. I’ll just chuck everything in the back.” You reassured him, “Don’t worry! I’ll text you when I’m in the clear.”

Jonghyun gave it some more thought and nodded.

You thanked the staff member and quickly scampered over to the exit. You nervously looked around at all the cameras ready to take pictures and you were worried that one of the photographers would link you to Jonghyun if they accidentally snapped a shot and saw you two together in Japan later on during the trip.

Luckily, only a few photographers put their cameras up only to sigh and put them down as they noticed you were nothing to be riled over about. You carefully walked ahead and saw a few fans waiting with signs and you really wondered how they figured out Jonghyun was heading to Japan for personal reasons.

Soon, you were past the crowd and you hastily greeted the driver of the car before going around the car and stuffing your luggage inside quickly. You finally got all your things inside and just when you were ready to settle down in the car seat, someone grabbed your shoulder. You froze.

“Miss?” You heard someone say as you turned around to see one of the airport security staff.

“Y-Yes?” You barely replied. He pulled out a familiar panda neck pillow from behind him and handed it to you.

“You dropped this on the way out,” He told you as you exhaled. Your heart was pounding but you were relieved it wasn’t anything worse.

You took it from his hands and thanked him.

“Have a safe trip,” He bid his goodbye and you nodded. As soon as he turned around, you slammed the door loudly and sank down in your chair.

“We are waiting for one other person, aren’t we miss?” You heard the driver ask as he looked at the rear mirror.

You sat up straight in your chair and nodded, “He should be coming out soon.”

Pulling up your hoodie over your head, you sank yourself lower down on the chair and quickly texted your boyfriend.

He sent you a fast reply that he was on his way and you sighed heavily. This wasn’t the first time you two had to deal with paparazzi. It actually happened often enough that you were sadly used to it. Nevertheless, it always made you anxious.

The quiet atmosphere was soon filled with rushing footsteps and scattered voices and you barely peeked out from the window while you were trying to stay hidden even with deeply tinted car windows. You saw Jonghyun make his way through the crowd of photographers and fans, giving them some quick nods, but no real responses to their questions or interactions.

While security held the crowds away from the car, Jonghyun loaded his luggage in the trunk and returned to the front passenger seat of the car. He gave one last smile and gesture to the press and fans before he closed the door, telling the driver it was alright to leave. You can see how close the photographers were to the car and it was kind of nerve-wracking for them not to even know there was someone across the door that was keeping them and you apart.  

The car started to move and you can see the people look out at the car you were in as it was leaving.

You exhaled again, finally sitting back up straight, adjusting your seatbelt.

“Are you alright?” You heard your boyfriend’s soft voice ask from the front and looked up to see him turned around to make sure you were okay.

You let out a small smile and nodded, “I’m fine.”

Jonghyun returned your smile with his and turned back around, “Sorry you had to go through all of that again.”

“It’s no biggie,” You answered, “Now the fun trip finally begins!”

 Getting to the Hotel was a smooth ride with no reporters, fans or press in the lobby, thankfully. You two were quickly checked into your room and after unpacking your luggage, you two agreed to stop by a hot spring in the northern part of the city before grabbing some dinner and sightseeing around the area.

“I’ve never been to a hot spring before,” You mentioned to Jonghyun as he was packing things in a smaller bag for that trip.

“It’s a really relaxing experience,” He explained, “You won’t need much stuff, just an extra pair of clean clothes and a swimsuit.”

“What? Swimsuit in a hot spring?” You asked startled. You started to feel slightly self-conscious over your figure, “I-I didn’t bring one…What would we need it for anyways?”

“There’s a huge pool there,” He replied, “and a sauna. You need a swimsuit for those if you wanna use them.”

He glanced over to you who had stopped packing and was holding onto your shoulders with insecurity. You finally noticed the silence and looked over to Jonghyun only to make eye contact.

“I guess it can’t be helped,” He chuckled, zipping his bag. What was that all about? Thoughts were spiraling in your mind as you felt someone tug your cheek.

“Yah, are you thinking of me in a swimsuit?” He asked, slyly.

“NO, I WASN’T.” You answered boldly, pushing his hand away from your face, “L-Let’s get going!”

You packed what Jonghyun advised along with some other things quickly before you two headed out.

 Since it wasn’t that far, you two decided to walk around the area.

Jonghyun’s stomach grumbled as soon as you two passed a few restaurants and you giggled.

“Ah, I’m hungry,” He complained, rubbing his stomach.

“Did you want to eat before going to the hot spring?” You asked. You guys haven’t eaten since being on the plane. It was no surprise your gluttonous boyfriend was hungry.

“No, that’s not a good idea,” He answered, “You’d feel very bloated and uncomfortable.”

You looked around and saw a stand selling dango and mochi.

Leaving Jonghyun’s side, you pranced over to the stand as his eyes followed you, curious at where you were going off to.

There was no line at the stand so you stood right in front of the cashier as a small grin appeared across Jonghyun’s face. He put his hands into his pockets and just watched you a minimal distance away, ordering a small snack you two could eat just to calm your growling tummies.

“I’d like 2 orders of dango please,” You told the person serving you in the front. She nodded and watched her grab 2 sticks of dango, placing it inside a small white paper bag and handing them to you.

“Be careful, they are hot,” She warned you, “Have a good day~!”

After you thanked her, you walked back over to Jonghyun who was waiting for you. His dimples were showing as he hid his grin that was already there since before you got the snack.

He looked down and offered his arm as you blushed and hooked it with yours.

Fishing out one of the sticks of dango, you handed it to him as you two walked to your destination.

“I haven’t had dango in a long time,” He told you as he his lips and you went wide-eyed right when he pulled one off the stick.

“WAIT, THEY’RE STILL H-,” You tried to stop him, but it was too late.  You unhooked your arm from his as he covered his mouth with his hand, puffing the dango in his mouth to cool it down.

You started laughing as Jonghyun was able to finally chew it normally.

“Babo.” You mumbled as he gave you a look and you cooled down the dango before you ate one. It was sweet and delicious. The soft texture of the dango was just right with its sweet sauce.  You two proceeded to finish the dango together and after you were done, you looked over to Jonghyun and grinned.

“It was yummy,” You told him.

“I can tell,” He answered, “It’s written all over your lips.” You looked at Jonghyun questioningly as he took his thumb and wiped your upper lip, which apparently had some dango sauce on it. He his thumb afterwards and you turned red.

He ruffled your hair and walked ahead, “Com’n, we’re almost to the Onsen.”

You two finally made it to the hot spring and you were stunned by the interior and scenery of this place. It really resembled an hot spring you would find in the mountains; the atmosphere was perfect. Since the sun was already setting, the lanterns and lights were lit, almost looking like fireflies in the bushes, the place looked very picturesque.

The workers there greeted you two warmly and Jonghyun walked over to the front desk to take care of what you two would be doing there.

You walked over after admiring the lobby and the area. One of the ladies instructed the two of you to follow her and she lead you both to the dressing rooms for the separate open-air baths.

“Here is your yukata robe, miss,” She handed you a small carefully designed yukata that was to be worn around the onsen. She did the same with Jonghyun and bowed, telling you two to have a good, relaxing time.

“You’re going to enjoy how relaxing it is to be in a hot spring,” Jonghyun told you. He smiled and you returned his smile as he walked into the men’s dressing room pulling at the back of his shirt to take it off.

You quickly scampered into the ladies’s dressing room and wrapped your towel securely around you before heading out to the open-air bath. You can see a 2 other ladies already sitting in the bath chattering away. You smiled happily as you quickly made your way to the steamy water.

One of the ladies saw you rushing and quickly shouted, “WATCH YOUR STEP DEAR, YOU’RE GONNA-,”

Your foot slipped on the tile and you started to wave your hands around, “EEEAHHHHHH!”

You managed to stop yourself from falling after frantically waving your arms around, but you suddenly heard Jonghyun’s voice from the other side, calling your name.

“Was that you? Are you okay over there?!” He asked, with some concern in his voice.

“Ah, Jonghyun, I’m fine!” You answered, your voice kind of shaky, “I just almost slipped…ahahahah.”

“Aish, be careful, you’ll get hurt,” You heard him mutter.

The ladies at the bath giggled and you walked carefully towards the bath and sank yourself down into the water. You found yourself a comfortable spot at the corner and took a small towel and placed it on your head. You could feel the warm spring water coat your skin as if it was healing all the tiring scars of stress you had. Your pores were enjoying the heat and you felt like you were melting with happiness. You never knew that just sitting in a hot spring could be so relaxing. It was a remedy bath.

“Ahhhhhhh~” You sighed with joy.

“So, do you like it?” You heard Jonghyun’s voice chime in at the other side. It seemed like you two were at the same corner of the open-air bath.

“It really is nice!” You told him. You could hear water splashing over the other side.

“Are you having fun over there with the water?” You teased, “You’re such a kid, splashing water everywhere, Jagi~.”

“Nah, I was just getting some water to push my hair back,” He replied, “This really is relaxing~ I’m so glad I have the bath to myself. Are you alone?”

“Uhm-,” You started.

“This was such a good idea. I can feel all the soreness and stress melt away from my temples and muscles. Ahhh~,” He exhaled in pleasure, interrupting you.

Your face was turning red at the thought of Jonghyun in only a towel and his muscles and just your boyfriend pushing his hair back with a satisfied smile on his face.

You quickly held your face. You were glad Jonghyun couldn’t see you like this. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!

“Jonghyun is it?” You heard a voice ask as you snapped out of your thinking state. You opened your eyes and noticed the ladies giggling at you. You totally forgot they were around.

“Uh…” You started.

“Is he your boyfriend?” They asked. Your face grew flustered.

“Uhm…Y-Yes,” You answered.

“It couldn’t be Kim Jonghyun over there, could it?” The lady’s friend asked, startling you. If they knew of Kim Jonghyun, what happens if they found out you were dating Lee Jonghyun!?

“Oh, of course not!” You answered loudly, “My boyfriend’s just an ordinary Jonghyun! Nothing special!”

You heard a muffled “YAH!” come from Jonghyun on the other side and couldn’t resist smiling a little bit.

“Ah hah, what a shame, when he said muscles…,” The lady’s friend gushed, as jealousy started to rise.

“WHAT ABOUT HIS MUSCLES?!” You asked again, standing up.

“Ah, we’re just teasing, sweetie,” The other lady waved her hand to calm you down, “You’re so cute for getting jealous.”

You sighed heavily and sunk back into the spring water, still suspicious of these 2 ladies trying to get at your man.

“Jonghyun! You should be proud you have such a cute girlfriend getting jealous over 2 older ladies like us at just the thought of mentioning your muscles!” The lady called out as you could hear Jonghyun laughing. You blushed and sank lower in the water. How embarrassing.

“Ahahah, thank you!” Jonghyun kindly replied, “She’s quite a girl.”

You looked over to the ladies and they seemed to have an evil look in their eyes.  Uh oh.

“OH, SHE IS!” One of the ladies yelled over to the other side, “Her skin is really smooth and her shoulders look soft to touch.”

You could hear splashing and scattered shaky laughs from the other side. Was Jonghyun getting flustered?

The ladies stared you down and you covered your chest area out of reflex even though it was already covered with a towel.

“And her ch…” The lady’s friend started, but you shook your head vigorously, your face was probably the color of a mortified tomato by now.

You could hear Jonghyun coughing and you were freaking out at the ladies describing your body to Jonghyun. You were feeling more stressed out than relax in this hot spring right now.

A sneaky smile spread across the lady’s lips.

“Well, Jonghyun, I’m sure you’d appreciate ALL her features,” She corrected as you sighed in relief.

The 3 ladies giggled hearing Jonghyun clear his throat, trying to laugh off the situation that just happened.

“It looks like it’s time for us to go,” The lady said, stepping out of the bath as the other followed, “Nice chatting with you dearie! Have a good time with your boyfriend~”

You nodded tiredly and watched them go as they waved goodbye to you.

“Don’t have too much fun though!” the lady’s friend added, cackling at her last tease to the two of you. Both of them left in a jiffy and you were stuck in an awkward atmosphere with Jonghyun. After a while, Jonghyun changed the topic and you two were just talking about what to do next after today for your personal trip together in Japan. You closed your eyes and leaned back against the rocks. It was finally peaceful again. You could hear the small waterfall splashing down at the side and you sighed because what just happened seemed to be such a forgettable thought now. Suddenly in the silence, you heard someone’s stomach grumble. 

“Jonghyun, was that you?” you asked. Silence was filled in the air.
“Yeah, I think I’m hungry,” he answered. You started to laugh.
“Those dango weren’t enough huh?” You giggled, playing with the spring water. Adjusting the towel on your head, you sighed. 
“Ahhh I don’t wanna leave yet though.. It’s so nice and warm, I feel so good,” you groaned pleasantly, “My skin absolutely loves it.”
“W-Well I’m done.” you heard jonghyun stumble on his words accompanied with water splashing.
“Already?” you asked sadly. 
“People are coming in, I’ll just wash up and meet you in the lobby,” he said hurriedly.
“Okay,” you replied simply. Was Jonghyun still flustered from what the ladies said earlier? You giggled. Embarrassed Jonghyun is pretty amusing. 

You heard the water rushing from a hose and a wooden bucket clatter on the floor.

Pouting, you knew that it was time for you to leave the nice hot spring. You held onto your towel and slowly walked out of the bath in order to cleanse yourself and meet Jonghyun outside.

You two decided just stay at the onsen and dine in the Japanese garden they had. The dinner was scrumptious and after such a nice bath. You two left the onsen feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

“It’s really nice what they did to the garden at night,” You mentioned to Jonghyun as you two started to make your way back to the hotel. Jonghyun was holding your hand as you two walked through the crowds.

“Yeah, the feel of Japan is really there at that specific onsen,” He replied, “That’s why I wanted to take you there.”

“Really?” You asked, “You’re not the type to be romantic…”

He stopped in his tracks and gave you a look. You glanced at him before looking away with a small smile creeping onto your lips.

“Well, It’s your first time in Japan so I wanted you to see the parts I love most about it,” He continued and you turned slightly pink, “Just wanted to experience them together with you…that’s all.”

He let go of your hand and put his in his pockets, walking slowly ahead.

You fully revealed your happy smile after hearing his words and skipped over, hugging one of Jonghyun’s arms.  

“Yah! There’s a lot of people around,” He pulled back startled, but you didn’t let go.

“Let’s go to more places together tomorrow, okay?” You told him, eagerly, smiling at him as you gazed into his shining eyes.

He saw the blissful expression that was practically displayed on your face.

Leaning closer down to you, he lovingly kissed you on the head.

Answering your question, a tiny dimple appeared on his face, “Ah, today was tiring. Can’t we just sleep in, instead?”