A Winner

A Sure Bet

 

Later, later, later that night, as they lay in bed, Daesung chuckled softly.

“You’re laughing?  I would have thought… actually kind of hoped… that you’d be too tired to even be functional,” Seunghyun groaned out, head half buried in the mattress.

“Hyung, you’re trapping me,” he replied, trying to move out from under Seunghyun’s arm and leg.  “I AM too tired and too sore, but…” Daesung was still struggling under his grip.  For all of his talk about Daesung being the fit one, when Seunghyun wanted something, he found some supernatural strength somehow.

But Seunghyun was intrigued now and turned his body so he was resting his head on one hand and staring at his boyfriend.

“But what?”

“Well, now that I’ve received my punishment for that last bet, it’s my turn to make a new bet.  I’m just thinking of what I can get you to do.  Now that I’ve seen you actually do a little bit of aegyo in front of peo- …”

“What are you talking about, we haven’t finished that bet yet.  You haven’t had to do the loser’s stuff yet, the bet’s still on,” Seunghyun interrupted him.

“What?  What… what do you call… this,” he cried, sitting up and circling his hand around the bed.  “C’mon, hyung, I admit it, you won.  Happy?”

“Oh, I’m happy, but this,” he raised one eyebrow and mimicked Daesung, “this was not the terms of the bet.  This was because you turned me down, you said you didn’t want to have my last name.  I haven’t even told you what the terms of the bet are.”

Daesung sighed, but flopped down on the mattress and turned his face toward Seunghyun.  Softly he said, “Fine, I’ll do it.  What do I have to do?”

Seunghyun grabbed Daesung’s wrist and dragged him so that he was sitting in his lap, facing Seunghyun, the sheets a total mess in between them.  He held Daesung’s hands, sliding his hands up both arms, and cupped his elbows.  He leaned forward and kissed a trail tracing Daesung’s jawline, from his chin to his ear.

“You have to say yes.”

“I already said I’d do it.”

“No, you have to say YES,” Seunghyun had been nipping and kissing randomly on Daesung’s face and neck and collar, but he pulled back to gaze at his boyfriend as he said the words again.

Daesung went still as he processed what Seunghyun was saying.  “Hyung… what… now?”

“Daesungah, I said you have to yes.”

“You aren’t even asking me a question,” Daesung said, blushing as he looked down.

Seunghyun held his face and looked into his eyes.  “I already asked you once today.  You just have to answer.”

Daesung blinked, but his voice was strong and steady.  “Yes.”

Seunghyun surged forward and kissed him.  First on his lips, then everywhere on his face before they both started laughing.  Daesung out of sheer joy, but Seunghyun out of happiness and something else.

“I’ll be honest, Daesungah, this wasn’t exactly how I planned it, but it’s close.”

By now, Seunghyun had laid back with Daesung in his arms.  Daesung looked up with curiosity written all over his face.

“So, I kinda did know that you were going to fail at the bet.  I wanted you to.  I knew from the beginning what I was going to make you do too,” Seunghyun explained, looking very satisfied with himself.

“What, why?  What were you thinking?” Daesung asked.

“This way, I was going to get what I wanted either way.  If, somehow, you did ask, then great, everyone knows, no worries.  But, if not, then I knew I was still going to get here.  Because I knew you’d finished out the bet, so I knew you’d say yes and I’d get what I wanted.”

Hearing that, Daesung huffed out a snort from his nose, rolled his eyes and knocked his forehead against Seunghyun’s.

“You really are proud of yourself, aren’t you?  You think you came up with this great plan,” Daesung gently laughed, resting his head on Seunghyun’s chest.

Now, it was Seunghyun’s turn to look at him confused.

“Hyung, my answer to THIS question, coming from YOU, was always going to be yes.  You didn’t have to plan anything – there was never any doubt, it was never anything less than a sure bet.”