Saved

Love built on Lies

He sprinted across the park towards the orange lights of the road, he could hear the thundering of footsteps behind him which only made his adrenaline race faster. His body was quickly loosing energy, probably not the best thing to sprint across a park after hours of dance practice. A sudden wind blew across the park whipping his hair around his head and making is eyes water, so much so that he could only see the orange blurry strip of light that was the road. Because of this, he didn’t notice the figure that was also walking across the park.

 He soon found himself crashing into said person, nearly knocking them off their feet. Taemin looked up quickly at the person and recognised him immediately. But before he could say anything there was a shout from the men who were chasing him, making them both turn their heads. Taemin went to bolt away, but the man grabbed onto his wrist ‘Hey. are you ok?’ he asked.
Taemin tried to struggle out of his grip but  the group of men stopped in front of them and he froze. The man noticed his sudden change in character and turned to the see the group before him. Sensing the fear from Taemin and the anger from the group, he pulled himself to his full height and pulled Taemin behind him, still keeping a grip on his wrist.

‘Problem gentlemen?’ he asked the group.
One of the men straightened himself out and plastered a beaming smile onto his face. ‘Oh, not at all.’ He said ‘Our friend here just got a bit spooked by something; we were just going to take her back to our place to…comfort her.’
        Taemin started trembling, the man felt this and his thumb back and forth on Taemin’s arm, wordlessly telling him they were not going to get him.
‘Well that’s quite odd’ he said casually, still brushing his thumb on Taemin ‘because my girlfriend here doesn’t scare easily at all.’
 

 Each of the men suddenly became very stiff and very aware that the man before them was a lot taller than them and looked like he could easily rip them to shreds.
‘A-ah well, if that’s your g-girlfriend then I am sure she in good hands’ one of them said nervously ‘g-good evening’ he bowed slightly before turning around and walking quickly away. The others in the group soon followed until only the man and Taemin where left. The man relaxed his grip on Taemin’s wrist and turned to face him. Taemin ducked his head down.
‘Miss, are you okay? They didn’t do anything to you did they?’ Taemin shook his head
why does it have to be you who finds me like this?’ Taemin thought
The man extended his other arm to lift Taemin’s face up so he could see it, but Taemin wrenched his arm out of his grip, turned, and sprinted away from him.
‘HEY, WAIT!’ the man shouted after him.
‘Please don’t be following me, please don’t be following me’ Taemin pleaded to himself.

He glanced behind him and to his relief, saw that the man had not moved.  

Soon Taemin had gotten out of the park, but did not stop until he had reached his apartment and slammed the door behind him, the loud noise resonated around the apartment.
Taemin lent against the door and slowly slid down it until he was sitting on the welcome mat. He pulled his legs up to his chest and crossed his arms over his knees burying his head in his arms.

‘Lee Taemin!’ a voice shouted, the sound of stomping feet approaching Taemin ‘Do you have any idea how late it is? How long does it take to walk home from dance prac-‘
The shouting stopped as the person who owned the voice reached the hall where Taemin was sat. ‘Tae?’ they said, worry evident in their voice. A soft sob came from Taemin and the person immediately knelt in front of him. ‘Tae whats wrong?’ they asked placing their hands on his shoulders.
‘Tae look at me.’ They said softly, Taemin did nothing.
‘Tae, please. Look at me.’
Taemin slowly rose his head and look at the person before him. The person gasped as they saw the deep purple bruise that was blossoming on Taemin’s cheek.

‘Who did this to you?’ they asked, the concern in their voice now being replaced by anger
‘Key it doesn’t matter, I’m fine’ Taemin said., his voice breaking from crying.
‘Fine my ’ Key muttered ‘Come on, let’s get you on the sofa’ Key said pulling Taemin up, and leading him to the living room where he sat him down on the sofa before sitting next to him.  
‘Talk to me’ Key said.
‘You’ll be angry with me’ Taemin murmured, not looking at him.
‘I won’t, honest.’ Key brushed some hair out of Taemin’s tear stained face.
‘I walked through the park’ Taemin said in a very small voice. Key let out a sigh.
‘Tae have you not listened to what I’ve told you about that park? People get murdered in there you know.’ He said sharply.

Taemin lowered his head, making Key feel guilty about snapping at him.
‘So someone in the park did this?’ he asked, his voice soft again. Taemin nodded. ‘Why?’
Taemin swallowed thickly.
‘T-There was a group of guys’ he started ‘a-and I…I can’t remember’ he stuttered.
‘Hon, calm down, you’re in shock. I’m sorry for asking so soon.’ Key rubbed Taemin’s back and they both sat quietly. Key then got up and left, but soon returned with two mugs of tea. Taemin smiled gratefully and they both sat in silence sipping there drinks. After a while, Taemin started talking again.
‘There was a group of guys’ he repeated ‘They thought that I was girl and they were going to-‘ he felt Key stiffen beside him, he took a deep breath and carried on ‘I spat in one of the guy’s face. He was the one who punched me.I managed to get away from them, but they chased me…’
‘And so you came straight here.’ Key finished. Taemin shook his head.

‘No, there was another guy. He helped me. He told them that I was his girlfriend and they all freaked out and left’
‘Who?’ Key asked. Taemin raised his head and looked at Key.
‘Choi Minho.’
Key widened his eyes in surprise.
‘So after that he walked you here.’ He said. Taemin shook his head again.
 ‘What? He just left you to walk on your own?’
‘N-no. I kinda…r-ran off’
‘TAE!’ Key shouted ‘What were you thinking? You had all that happen to you and then you went home on your own, what if they had come back?’ he sighed and ran his hand through his hair.
‘I’m sorry’ Taemin murmured ‘I was just really embarrassed and scared and I just wanted to get home’, tears welled up again.  
‘Oh tae’ Key whispered pulling him into a hug. Taemin whimpered and buried his face into Key’s shoulder, letting the tears flow freely. ‘It’s okay, it’s over now. You’re safe.’

-------------------------------------------

 

A/N:
Hi guys, long time no update! 
WOW i am bad at updating, I am really really sorry!! I just kinda gave up on this but then my brain went 'OBJECTION'
sooo now it appears I am not completely leaving this fic :D 
I don't really have much to say here except 
Thank you for reading!!
I'm gonna try and update this a little bit more frequently now :/ 

Sorry for any typo's etc. :3

Comments and Subs make me happy~~~