From the beginning I care about you without knowing.

Ready to love. Ready to be loved.

 

HyeSung’s POV

-          Hyesungie, are you ok? I heard that you asked Taehak for some aspirins.

Eric suddenly approaches to me, after we have finished the rehearsal for tomorrow concert. His voice is a little bit worried.

I look up him in short moment and reply when we are moving to our car – it’s no matter! Just too tired for my throat. I think I just need some break time for it, but how can we do that, right?

The Asian Grand Tour has not finished yet. It now is the last one in Japan, and there are more three concerts left in Singapore and China. Everything is quite hard now for the main vocalist. Eric feels somehow regret for the schedule all the members must experience like that, but now, nothing can be changed. We, Shinhwa, must follow them.

-          Just have some time to sleep tonight and drink some lemon juice. I’m sure you will be ok. So don’t worry.

I just nod slightly and tiredly step to our car, try to get some sleep when it moves to the hotel.

 

Members get their own room. Usually we gather in Eric room to do something stupid, but now all of us feel out of energy, so we decide to rest. It’s better for our concert tomorrow. I ask Taehak to find me some lemon juice as Eric said. I also think it will be good for my throat. After taking some aspirins, I fall to sleep unconsciously.  When the concert tomorrow is finished, we will be back to Korea, and I will sleep all day to release all this kind of thing. That is the last thinking in my head before a storm of headache invades to it and my eyes are heavily closed.

 

After leaving Hye Sung at the door of his room, Eric found Minwoo and Andy to have dinner with. They separated after having some talks about Shinhwa stuff. Looking at his watch, Eric slightly sighed. Already 11PM. Just a few hours later and concert began. Suddenly he wondered about his main vocalist. It would be disaster if tomorrow Hyesungie lost his voice. Thinking like that and the leader decided to drop out ’s room to make sure everything was ok.

Taehak already gave Eric the room key when they met in the elevator. Carefully opening the door in order not to wake him up, Eric walked slowly to the bed. He found out is deep in sleep, but his face really looked tired. Unconsciously, Eric touched his hand to Hye Sung’s forehead. It was hot. Aish, he was getting a fever! He must take some medicine. If not, tomorrow he can collapse. Eric thought, and left the room, walked downstairs, found Dongwan’s room. He surely has some medicine to let the fever down.  Eric knew that.

Dongwanie opened the door with a closed eye, and an opened eye.

-          What happens to you this time at night to find me Eric? I’m too much tired, so find Minwoo to fool with. – Dongwan looked Eric angrily.

-          I’m not going to find you to fool with, Dongwanie. I’m too tired too, but do you have some medicine for fever?

-          Fever? Is there anyone getting fever? – Dongwan asked with a little bit worried.

-          Hyesungie. Maybe his throat is overworked right now. I think so.

-          Make sure that his leg has no problems, Eric. It can be caused by his injured leg.

-          I think we have no problem beside the throat.

-          Ok. I think I have some. – Dongwan left Eric in the front door and walked inside to find his precious bag.

‘It’s really good when having a member like Dongwan’. Eric thought.

After a few minutes for searching, the younger one gave his leader some pink tablets.

-          I’m sure that HyeSung will be good with this. He usually takes this when something wrong with his throat. And now, I must sleep, Eric. I can’t open my eyes already, and it’s 12AM now. Believe to give Hyesungie to your hands, my leader! 

-          Ok. Nite, baby.

The sound of closed door came to Eric’s ears when he was walking upstairs. Everyone is so tired, right? But we are together, and we are happy now. That’s it!

Eric entered HyeSung’s room one more time, and tried to wake up.

-          Hyesungie. Hyesungie. Wake up! Wake up!

Touching his forehand and still feeling the hot. , he is really getting worse.

HyeSung difficultly opened his eyes, and asked in a low voice. Eric heard ’s voice was somehow husky.

-          What’s wrong Eric? It is morning and we must leave, right?

Thinking like that and HyeSung tried to get up, but suddenly he felt dizzy.

-          Gosh, I think I get worse!

Looking at the younger one worriedly, Eric said in a smooth voice – It’s not morning yet, Hyesungie. But you are getting fever, and taking some medicines. It will be good for you, I’m sure.

Opening the big eyes, Hyesung looked at the glass of water in one Eric’s hand, and another was holding medicines. He was surprised. Why is Eric here? But after all, he got the medicine and the glass of water from his leader’s hands and took it.

-          So now take some rest. You will be good tomorrow, so don’t worry. Ok?

Hyesung looked at Eric with a little bit confuse, but he obeyed and laid his back on the bed.

-          Good night, Hyesungie.

-          Good night, Eric.

Taking some medicine made Hyesung fall asleep easily. He slept right away after hearing the door closed. 

 

 

 

Waking up when the sunlight gets into the room, I feel somehow better than yesterday. Taehak phones to ask me about having the breakfast with the others. I of course agree and leave the bed. Wearing a hoodie right away and walking downstairs, I can hear Jin’s voice clearly. It seems they gather enough energy for tonight, right? Meeting the members at the breakfast table, I smile.

-          Are you ok, Hyesungie? – Dongwan asks with concern in his voice.

-          Something wrong, Dongwanie? – Minwoo after hearing the question to me, looks up to us.

-          Eric told me that Hyesungie got a fever and asked for some medicines. Just like that, Minbong.

-          So are you ok right now, Hyesungie?

-          I think I’m getting better now – I am encouraging my members while thinking about Dongwan’s saying. So he found Dongwan for medicine?

-          I’m sure you will be ok, hyung. – Jin says with a happy voice – because you are very strong.

-          Take care of yourself, hyung – Andy while taking his breakfast, showing his mature to me. – Our money is in your hands.

Hearing what Andy saying makes everyone laugh. I laugh, but at the same time think again what Dongwan has said.

The truth is that Eric and I still feel awkward when both of us are alone, but I think we are improving our relationship so much, especially from my gambling scandal and during the preparation of The Return. I wonder why sometimes I feel like Eric treats me different from the others. He also hugs the others, kisses them, and says to love them, but these things he does to me, is it softer and more sentimental?  There was one time I suddenly asked Jinnie about this issue, but my Baby bird just smiled and said I was overestimating the problem. Maybe Jinnie are right. Maybe I am too sensitive. And that-being-too-sensitive recently makes me feel that Eric somehow changes his attitude towards me. He concerns to me more. He often sends messages to me to ask where I am, or what I am doing. He has never ever done it before! I’m sure! Somehow his action makes me feel we are like a couple. What will a couple do?  Is it something like in the morning he wishes me a morning, asks me if I have lunch already at noon, and comes to my house to do some stupid things until late evening then he comes back to his house? At first I feel annoying, but everyone knows that Eric is very clingy and persistent, and I have no choice but answer it. Now I am getting used to it. I try to think in a simple way like he is worried about the main vocalist with a dense schedule right now. But honestly, I feel warm when having him by my side when I have nothing to do but complain about my tiredness.

Thinking about Eric, suddenly I look around and find him nowhere.

-          Where is Eric, Dongwan?

-          He still sleeps. He is tired. Bogeun told me that he would not join our breakfast. It seems our CEO is exhausted right now.

I continue to think. It may be right. From the beginning to now, Eric must be the one who solves every problem coming to us - everything from the live, the broadcast, the concert, the money, the music. From A to Z. Sometimes I feel sorry to him when I can’t give him a hand, but he is quite strong, and he is a perfect leader. He can cover all of those things, with our long friendship, I believe.

-          Hyung, what are you thinking? – Jinnie interrupts my thinking flow. – don’t think too much or you will get a headache. Take more soup. Last night you didn’t have dinner, right?

I smile to my dongsaeng. This guy always cares to me. Actually I feel very hungry because of the lemon juice last night. No dinner, having some sour drink. I’m surely dead if not fulfilling my stomach.

-          I intend to take some soup more too Jinnie.

-          So both of you stay here, we go first. – Minwoo stands up and stretches his arms. 

-          Where will you go?

-          Dongwanie wants to go some discount stores near here to buy some clothes. We decide to go together. Today is the last day in Japan, we don’t know when we come back, so relax – Minwoo smiles with his tiny eyes.

-          No! – suddenly Jinnie shouts – I want to go too!! Why are all of you going without me?

-          That’s because you still stay here and eat, Jinnie. If you want to go, stand up and find your eyeglasses.

-          Ok ok!!! Wait for me!! I’m sorry hyung, but I must go. So enjoy your food. You can eat it well without me right? – he rolls his eyes when saying these mannered things to me.

-          Go before I hit you!

He laughs and runs upstairs.

Andy appears after taking his wallet and wearing a mask.

-          Are you mad wearing it to go outside, Andy?

-          What if some fans recognize us?

-          Then we will take some pictures with them, if they want. – Dongwan laughs then the rest laugh too.

Thinking in a short moment, then our youngest decides to take it off.

-          So all the manager will go with you, too? – I ask when seeing Bogeun, Taehak and the others also seem to go out too.

-          Of course. They will go too.

-          And you guys leave me alone in hotel?

-          Yes. Because you are sick, Hyesungie. So after you finish your breakfast, find your bed, lay your back and close your eyes until afternoon.

I hum and haw – don’t find any reason to cover the truth you guys leave me alone.

Finally Jinnie appears and seems ready to go. He looks so excited. All of a sudden Bogeun comes near to me – HyeSung hyung, can you drop by Eric hyung’s room and bring him some soup for me? I …. I …

I can see the confused look in the youngest manager's eyes. Sometimes I feel he will be never getting used to the craziness of Shinhwa. Haha.

-          Ok. Don’t worry. Just enjoy with them. I will do it for you.

-          Thank you! Thank you! – he smiles elegantly.

-           So let’s go! Bye bye Hyesungie!!

And all of them leave the hotel like a group of gangster. Four Shinhwa members, all the managers and all the staff. Everyone in hotel is watching them with unbelievable look. Gosh, they are my members, and I am used to it for 14 years.

I leave the breakfast room right after they leave, ask the hotel manager to prepare some hot soup and bring it upstairs.

Standing in front of Eric’s room, I decide to knock the door. He is the one who never knock my door when entering. Why am I so polite? But I still knock the door and call him.

-          Eric… do you get up?

Silence. No answer. He is still sleeping? It’s already 9AM now. For him, it’s not strange. I know he can sleep till late evening, especially when he has filming. Knock door again. If he does not answer this time, I will come in. Bogeun already gave me the room key. A few seconds later, he opens the door. I look at him for a while, and he also looks at him for a while. At that time I think he is still in heaven.

No greeting, no cheering, I go inside and put the soup on the table. I hear him yawning.

Finally he is able to speak – good morning, Hyesungie.

I look at him again. He looks really tired.

-          I bring some soup for you. Eat it. It’s 9AM now, my leader.

-          Just 9AM, Hyesungie. We have concert at 3 PM, right? – he continues to yawn.

-          By the way, get up, brush your teeth and have breakfast. I am going now.

-          Don’t go… stay a little bit… - he is saying while going inside the bathroom.

My intention is to bring him some soup, leave the room and sleep in my room. But when hearing his husky voice asking me not to go, I don’t know why but still sit on the bed, then run my eyes over the room. It’s so neat and tidy. Just some paper is on the table like I saw yesterday. Some clothes are still on the opened closet. And the blanket is like nobody sleep on it last night. Suddenly I ask myself if he did REALLY have some sleep.

-          Hyesungie, can you take the T-shirt in the closet for me? I forget.

-          Ok. – I answer while coming to the closet.

In a short moment, I realize something is abnormal. He is wearing the yesterday T-shirt. Didn’t he take shower? The room is so neat compared to his habit. Wearing the yesterday T-shirt when he left me in front of my room door. So?… so?…. He didn’t sleep, or he didn’t stay at his room, last night. What the hell was he doing?

-          Hyesungie?

The bathroom door opens and he suddenly appears in front of my eyes. No shirt.

-          Ah, your shirt. – I embarrassingly give him the one in my hands.

-          It’s good. I intend to take this too. – then he smiles to me. – are you good today, Hyesungie? Your throat, I mean.

-          Well, it’s ok – I come to the bed, sit on it and watch him eating.

-          Breakfast?

-          Already.

After a so-short conversation as usual, the room is covered with silence again. And I am sunk with the weird thought a moment ago – what the hell was he doing last night if he didn’t stay in his room?

Suddenly he says and why my heartbeat is so fast – Hyesungie cares about me, and I’m happy.

I blush. I know him mean the soup. I can open my mouth and say that’s because Bogeun ask me to do that, but honestly the truth I also have intention to drop by his room, and bring him some soup too. I just smile to him.

-          Our company is in your hands. That’s it!

He just smiles so slightly to my reaction and continue to eat - So where are the others?

-          Going outside.

-          All of them?

-          All of them.

I see him finish his breakfast and decide to leave. I feel uneasy when staying here just only two of us. But he holds my hands.

-          Stay here. Is it ok for you? Stay here, and sleep with me. Why do you need to come back to your room when my room is 100% the same like yours. We can sleep while waiting the rest return.

I stare at him.

-          This bed is too big for one person. And both of us have nothing to do but sleep – he looks at me with no wink.

Eventually I don’t know what the hell I am thinking but find out both of us are laying on the same bed, and sleep together. When I’m trying to close my eyes, I feel his warm arms around my waist. And of course, my heart beats crazily. Trying to get rid of him, but Eric has no intention to release me.

-          Eric…. I’m hot. – I’m saying with a low voice to hide my embarrassment.

-          Just sleep, Hyesungie.

The room is silent again. I can hear his breath behind my neck. It seems he falls asleep. Why does my heart firstly beat as a running horse, but now feel so peaceful? And I am gradually deep in my sleep unconsciously, in his arms.

God, only YOU know what is happening!