Love Fades...

LoveLESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3U4F7veOs&feature=channel_video_title


 

~*~Your P.O.V.~*~

I let out a heavy sigh as I closed my laptop for awhile. I couldn’t think of anything to write. My editor and publisher wanted me to write another book. I was having writer’s block but then, I can’t let that kind of problem bring me down. I’ve worked so hard and I can’t just throw everything away. My job is something that truly makes me happy, because it where I can truly express myself.

I’m a writer of several best selling books about romance. My books have won several awards already. Up to, now I still couldn’t believe it. How a girl whose heart voluntarily locked itself in a cold dark cage and refused to open it to love could earn lots of awards through writing love stories. It was rather ironic. It was complicated. Many people asked me how, ask me why and I couldn’t answer them either. I wrote about love but never believe in it…

I said goodbye to it and refused to see it again. This thing called love…It’s never real. It’s very deceiving and it can do nothing but bring pain. It may come and make you happy, but it’s only temporary. Love is deceiving, hurtful and fades once in awhile….

I suddenly snapped out from my thoughts when my telephone rang.


”Moshi Moshi….” I answered. “Keira Yamamoto desu…”

”Kei-chan, this is Ryanne and I have great news!” It was Ryanne Park, my editor and best friend. Ryanne is Korean. She was born in U.S. But she spent her high school life in Japan. We went to High School together. We’ve been through a lot. I wouldn’t be successful if it weren’t for her.

”Really? What is it?” I asked excitedly.


”Oh, Kei-chan. You wouldn’t believe it!” She almost screamed over the phone. “Kurokawa-san called me and said that “Fragile Heart" will be adapted into a movie!”

Yuichi Kurokawa is the chairman of the publishing company that published my book. He’s very nice and he was the person who appreciated my works truly. As you can see, I was very young when I started writing. Many have rejected my stories and refused to publish it because they thought I lack experience and I was still an amateur, but Mr. Kurokawa was different. He said I have gift. He didn’t underestimate me and inspired me along the way. He’s one of the people I’m very thankful of.

Fragile Heart is the first book I’ve ever written. I wrote it at the age of sixteen and it was published when I was 18. I never actually thought that it would have an appeal to Mr. Kurokawa. After being rejected for so many times, I thought I just had to give up. But then he came, and told me that my stories were something and it should be published. He said that my story was amazing and having it published at my very young age should inspire kids to dream big. I was afraid at first that I might fail Mr. Kurokawa, but in the end, it turned out to be successful.

”Hontou desu ka?” I asked. “That’s great. Did they pick the actors already?”

 

“Not yet, but Mr. Kurokawa’s recommending one of Chairman Lee Sooman’s talents. He’s good friends with Chariman Lee and he contacted him right away when NHK called him saying that they wanted to adapt your book into a movie.”

 

“Is that so? But isn’t Chairman Lee Soo Man Korean? And SM entertainment’s talents are Korean right? “ I asked.

”Yeah, but they’re probably going to hire someone who speaks fluent Japanese, right?” 

”Well, either way, I’m still happy. I can’t wait to work with them.”

 

“Speaking of which, Kurokawa-san wants to see us tomorrow. He said that Chairman Lee will be coming with his best talents and auditions will immediately start on that very day.”

”Oh, alright. I’ll get ready, thanks.”

“Well, I got to go. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

“Yeah. I’ll see you on Sunday!” I said then hung up and put the phone down. I was about to head to my room to get some sleep, when I heard a knock on my door. I quickly rushed to the door to see whoever it was. Who would come to my house at this time?

When I opened the door, my eyes widened in shock. It was my younger brother, Kaito. He had lots of bags on the floor.


”Kaito-kun, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Okasan and Otousan?” I asked as I helped him with his bags and let him enter my house.


He dropped hi bags on the floor and immediately hugged me tight. I could clearly sense that he had a problem.

“Kei-neechan.” He muttered as he hugged me tight. “I ran away from home.”

I pulled away from him after hearing what he said.

”Nani? Nande?” I immediately asked, half-scolding him. “Are you out of your mind? You could’ve been hurt or kidnapped! What has gotten into you, young man?!”
 
He hung his head low as I continued to lecture him.

”Gomenasai, neechan.” He apologized. “I just couldn’t stay at home anymore. Okasan and Otousan are fighting always. I couldn’t concentrate. It hurts me a lot to see them like that.”


I suddenly stopped shouting after hearing what he said. My safe softened as I saw the sad look on his face. I lifted his chin up and gave him a smile.

”I guess, I can let you stay. What are siblings for right?” I said. “Go upstairs and change. I’ll stay in the kitchen to fix you some dinner.”

I went to the kitchen to cook dinner for my beloved brother. 

As I was alone in the kitchen, I started to think about my parents. I started to worry about them and about how they’re doing.

~Flashback~

”Are you having an affair with him?” Otousan questioned as he stared at Okasan furiously.

”I told you, anata… I won’t do such a thing! Why won’t you believe me?” Okasan cried.

”Okasan, Otousan, Please stop fighting!” I sobbed.

~*~

”I already told you, father. Kaishi and I talked about staying for the kids. We only bare with each other because of Kei-chan and Kai-kun… I’m tired of him already. I don’t want this anymore, but I have to because of our children. Especially Kei-chan…”

~*~

”You know, I understand both of your parents… Especially your father… He’s really frustrated because he truly loves your mom, but he knows her love for him is long gone and she’s tired. As for your mom… I can’t help but pity her too. She’s being accused of things she’s not…”

~*~

”I couldn’t help it. I didn’t mean to hurt her. I just wanted to fix things, but I end up breaking them even more. I love her. But I know she’s tired of me already…”

~*~

“You see what’s happening, now? I have one advice for you, Kei-chan. Don’t marry at a young age. Don’t follow Okasan’s footsteps… Okay?”


~End of Flashback~


’Love only exists in stories. It’s never real. If it would ever cross anyone’s life it will only stay for a while and eventually will fade ’  I thought as I remembered the things I’ve learned from my parents mistakes.

”Mmm… Smells good! What are you cooking Oneechan?” Kaito suddenly asked as he entered the kitchen, making me snap out of my thoughts.

”I’m cooking your favorite Miso soup.” I said as I turned off the stove, wore a pot holder and grabbed the hot pot of Miso soup. I poured the soup in bowl and served it to my brother. “Eat a lot okay, my Otouto…”

 

“Okay…” He said. He took a sip and smiled. “You can now get married, Neechan. You’re cooking is good. Your husband in the future will be lucky.”


”Kaito, you know I don’t have time for those. I love my career. I have lots to do. I don’t have time for those silly things.” I said as I grabbed a bowl of my own and ate dinner with him.


”Love isn’t a silly thing, Neechan.” He said. “I know what you feel about Okasan and Otousan. But it will be different from you. You should give love a chance.”

”Love… Pshh… does that even exist?” I asked.

”Of course it does. Isn’t that why you write love stories?” He answered back.

”It doesn’t exist. The same way it goes for fairytales. Why are they written, when they don’t even exist right?” I said. “Speaking of which, my book is going to be adapted into a movie. Isn’t that great? I announced, changing the subject.

”Neh? Sugoi~ that’s wonderful! I’m so happy for you!” My brother immediately exclaimed. “I love how you’re being successful in life, now. Congratulations…”

 

“Arigatou.” I said as I smiled.

After eating, Kaito helped me with the dishes. When we finished, we brushed our teeth and went to bed. It was going to be a long day tomorrow…



 


A.N. So, how was it? No Yunho for now, but I hope you liked the first chappie. I’ll make sure he appears right away, in the second chappie, perhaps? Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you’ll like it!


I appreciate your time for reading my fic.  Aieru/ Saranghe!

With love,
~Kei-chan ♥