Tuesday Tuna

All Things Broken and Beautiful
Please log in to read the full chapter

“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” 

― Leonardo da Vinci

Baekhyun. Chanyeol.

Tuesday Tuna.

(warning: slight!crack. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are cats)

 

The life of a cat is often assumed to be easy. Some say that all a cat has to do is eat, sleep, and find something vaguely entertaining to do with the rest of their (nine) lives.

But being a cat isn't actually as easy as it seems. A cat's life is−in all seriousness−made up of a complicated network of events that could rival those that occur in a human life (maybe less dramatic, though, and more short-lived). Sure, it might be easier when you don't have to worry about finding a toilet in an unfamiliar neighbourhood (just lift and shoot away), but for Baekhyun and Chanyeol, there is a fence and a moody owner at the root of the problems in their love life.

Baekhyun knows that on Tuesdays, Chanyeol pulls a Dory and seems to forget that he isn't supposed to cross the dividing line, marked by the fence, between their owners' houses. Today is a Tuesday, so he isn't surprised to see Chanyeol dashing behind a tree to relieve himself.

If Baekhyun could roll his eyes, then he would. "Chanyeol, you can't be here!" he hisses, loosening his claws a little as he paws Chanyeol away from the tree. "It's still daytime. Taeyeon might see you."

"I needed to pee," Chanyeol whines, giving Baekhyun an eyeful of his gaping red mouth.

Using a paw to whack Chanyeol on the nose, Baekhyun gives an exasperated miaow. "What am I going to do with you?"

Chanyeol stretches, a smirk twitching his whiskers. "Feed me, love me forever."

"Loser," Baekhyun mutters, whacking him again. But his annoyance fades away when Chanyeol gives him an affectionate , nuzzling his button nose into the fur around Baekhyun's neck. "Taeyeon's going to shoo you away again if you stay for lunch. You know she doesn't like you taking my food."

"But Kris doesn't feed me enough," Chanyeol complains. "It's not like you care, anyway; you don't eat all of your food." His nose twitches. "I still don't get why you're on a diet."

"Because the branch I was sitting on last week, when I was trying to sneak over the fence to see you, snapped. I'm obviously overweight."

"We're cats! No one cares if we're overweight or not," Chanyeol exclaims, wheezing a little because he'd been too loud, and he can feel the beginnings of a furball coming on. Oh, please, he begs himself mentally. Not in front of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun pounces to his feet and struts away, nose in the air. "Well, I care."

In a panic, Chanyeol scampers after Baekhyun with the best expression of repentance he can muster. He hopes it will be enough to convince Baekhyun that he's just a foolish Tabby who isn't very good with words. "Baekhyun!" he calls. "I meant to say that I don't care, because you're perfect to me."

Slowly, Baekhyun turns, and though his expression is guarded, Chanyeol can tell that his consolation attempt had worked. His guess is confirmed when Baekhyun's shrug is given away by the toothy grin spreading across his mouth. "Hmm. I guess you can s

Please log in to read the full chapter