Fight?

Protect The Princess

Ahrang's POV

No matter how hard I tried to divert my attention towards the chalkboard and Mrs. Kim's lecture, I could feel the gaze of the three new boys boring into my skull.I looked further ahead and saw Woohyun sending worried glances back at me. He could sense my uneasiness.

I looked to my right to see Hoya sleeping with a thick dictionary serving as his pillow. His shoulders heaved up and down as he inhaled and softly exhaled. He looked so child-like and vulnerable right then. I took this moment to take in his features. His eyelashes were surprisingly long and his hair wasn't exactly swayed with wax; I think it was just ruffled and damp from perspiration. His pink lips pouted slightly as he exhaled.

 

"Quite charming,right?" My thoughts were interuppted with a familiar voice. I swiveled to my left to see Si Yoon's lips twitching into a smirk.

 

"Hoya's always been quite the eye candy," whispered Si Yoon as he adjusted himself to see the front better.

"Don't fall for him just yet, princess."

 

"Could you stop calling me that?" I snapped back. My hands were curled into fists and my jaws were tightly clenched. I was flustered with anger and embarassment. How long was he staring at me while I was admiring Hoya? Was I admiring Hoya?

"You don't need to get so sensitive...I won't tell him, princess, I pro-"

"SHUT UP!" I hissed in a threatenting tone. "DON'T CALL ME THAT." I was disguested how he could flirtatiously call me like that. Was he another one of those jerks who thinks that every girl belongs to him?

Si Yoon' s eyes enlargened and his mouth slightly parted. He bit his lower lip and shyly shriveled back to his chair. His alarmed expression made a surge of guilt pang my chest. Was I too harsh?

"I'm sorry...but...I...I don't have the liberty to address you in any other way," he quietly murmured.

"What?"

What in the world was he trying to say?

"We should pay attention to the lecture..."

"What do you me-"

"SHH!" I tuned around to see Jinyoung rolling his eyes at me. "You're such an obnoxious brat. Stay quiet."

I blinked before I realized what he had accused me of.

I felt my anger boiling inside. Who was he to call me a brat? He hadn't even known me for more than 15 minutes. If there was anyone being close to being a brat in this room, it was this suffocating trio. I in air and forced my temper to simmer down before resuming my posture. I need time to cool down before I would seriously smack that smirk off of Jinyoung's pretty boy face.

 

Who were these people?

 

 

Author's POV

 Throughout the remainder of the period, Ahrang couldn't seem to justify listening to Mrs. Kim when there were three mysterious boys surrounding her. Why did Si Yoon say such a thing?

Once the school bell rang, signaling it was lunch time, the male students rushed out the door to hustle over to the cafeteria. The girls remained, deciding to linger around the new transfer students. Scattered questions soon showered Si Yoon, Hoya, and Jinyoung. Ahrang, who was captured in the midst of it all, stared absent-mindedly at her desk.

"Hey..." Woohyun tapped Ahrang's desk to break her from her trance. "You okay?"

Ahrang nodded, but honestly, she didn't know if she was. Her curiosity was begging her to accost the new boys, but her pride was chaining her back.

"Let's go eat," smiled Woohyun as he poked Ahrang's cheek.

Hoya suddenly shot up from his desk and slammed Ahrang's desk. Startled, Ahrang's eyes enlargened and she felt her breath hitch. Hoya immediately her back to let her know she wasn't the one he was after. Ahrang tensed from Hoya's touch.

*Why is he touching me so naturally??*

"HEY! Don't touch her!" scowled Woohyun as he glared at Hoya with immense protectiveness flaring in his eyes.

"I should say that to YOU! How dare you touch her like that?" accused Hoya while shooting an equally intimidating stare.

"Excuse me?" huffed Woohyun, who was cocking his head sideways and hastily rolling his sleeves up.

"You just poked her cheeks. Your juvenile behavior is completely intolerable. Your relationship with her is just 'being friends', is it not? Keep it that way and act like it."

"I don't think my relationship with her is relevant to you. Mind your own ing business."

Hoya, obviously irked by Woohyun's response, shoved the latter's chest, making Woohyun collide into the desk behind him.

The fangirls shrieked and loud gasps escaped the tense room.

"Is our jjang Woohyun attacking the new boy?"

"Is the new boy hurting our Woohyun?"

"But he's so handsome!"

"Isn't his name Hoya?"

"No way! Woohyun is too gentleman-like!"

"FIGHT! FIGHT!"

The clustered chants grew louder and louder. The scene was just too suffocating for Ahrang. She felt so helpless and hopeless.

Hoya clenched Woohyun's shirt collar and brought him close to his face. " off," Hoya hissed.

"You first," grunted Woohyun as he clasped his right hand around Hoya's throat and shoved him off of him, making Hoya flip onto a desk.

Hoya immediately retrieved his posture and marched meancingly over to Woohyun. He swung his arm and punched Woohyun's face, causing blood to drip from Woohyun's nose. Just as Hoya started to lift his arm to smash Woohyun again, Ahrang ed herself between the two.

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" she screamed.

Hoya dropped his arm to his side and let out a jagged breath. "Princess..." he groaned.

"Fighting a classmate in your new school is NOT a proper greeting. Neither is mocking a girl by calling her 'princess'," Ahrang snapped. She was still standing in front of Woohyun and interlaced her fingers with Woohyun's to keep him balanced. Woohyun gave her hand a small squeeze to assure he was alright.

Si Yoon saw this small exchange silently and winced.

*What relationship does these two share?*

"Now if you'd excuse us..." Ahrang tugged Woohyun as they made their way through the hustling crowd. Surely, new gossip would spread that one of the new boys attacked Woohyun. That Woohyun threatened the new boy because he touched Ahrang. That quiet, sweet Ahrang defensively stood up for Woohyun.Their friendship would be questioned and this little fight would be probably translated into a jealous wrath over Ahrang. "Lovely...just freaking lovely..."growled Ahrang to herself.

"Hey..."croaked Woohyun,tugging Ahrang's sleeve. By this point, he was being dragged by Ahrang as she stomped her way forward.

Ahrang turned back and saw Woohyun's nose wasn't bleeding anymore but a bloody cut was kissing the corner of his lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Woohyun...I just.."

"It's fine, let's just go to an empty room."

"But you're bleeding...we should go to the nurse's office."

"No, we shouldn't.."

"YES! WE SHOULD!! You're hurt!"

"Ahrang, don't you always keep a bandaid in your uniform pocket?"

"Woohyun...this isn't a matter where my bandaids can help you...let's go to the nurse's office."

Woohyun let out a frustrated grunt and dragged Ahrang into the nearest empty classroom. He plopped himself in a desk and pulled Ahrang's wrists, making her tumble forward.

"Heal me, Nurse Ahrang," smiled Woohyun.

Ahrang rolled her eyes and positioned herself closer to Woohyun to examine his injury.

"A stubborn man's pride..."Ahrang huffed.

"No..."Woohyun breathed. "A stubborn man's love..."

"Hold the greasy pick up lines for later, Romeo. I need to revive my friend here," chuckled Ahrang.

*Aish...this girl.* Woohyun softly chuckled back and allowed himself to fall into a daze as he admired Ahrang's facial features. He carefully watched her tend over his wounds. She had little supplies, having a handkerchief and a few bandages, but her delicate hands worked diligently to treat her friend.

Woohyun released an involuntary sigh...

*What am I to do when you're this good to me?*