Guilty for my thoughts

Guilty for my thoughts

 

 


 

“Stuck at work :(”

That was Chaerin’s last text.
She would be working until very late at night. Again.
I can’t even remember last time we had a decent meal together. She is usually late and leaves before finishing; she postpones a lot of our dates; she cancels romantic dinners five minutes after confirming it.
Tonight, even though she had promised to be here, Chaerin had stood me up. Again.

“Can I get your order?”

I heard the waitress ask. Her voice was melodic and sweet.
Her eyes were mischievous and the inexistent wind moved her hair.
It was a simple, yet truly sensual scene. Enough to make my mouth dry, and my decent self guilty.

The tag on her orange apron said “Lizzy”.
“Can I get your order?” – I heard her say again.

“Do you have… pineapple pie?” – I heard my own voice, and although I have absolutely no memory of speaking, I am sure I would not fail to recognize my own voice.

It was all in slow motion, yet too fast.
The way she caressed my cheek, giving me goosebumps; the way she kissed me; the way she dragged me to an office, behind the café; the way she sat on the table, pulling me along, keeping me close by the jacket; the way she almost convinced me to kiss her back, by biting my lower lip.
In a moment I was sat at table 5 and she was standing, pen and paper at hand; the other, we were snogging.  

“I can’t...” – I managed to tell her. Guilt growing inside of me, as our lips touched once more.
But she let go of it too soon.

“Don’t you think you deserve love?” – I heard her say, although I haven’t seen her lips move – “The way she’s been treating you is not right…”

Her eyes were so deep on mine…It was almost like she could see my soul, read my mind.
“How long has it been since she last held you?” – she said, leaning forward to kiss me.
Her words were so full of sureness… It was like she had clearly listened to my unspoken thoughts.

“I shouldn’t…” – was all I managed to reply.

“You’re cold, Thunder…your hands are shivering.” – I heard her say, taking my hands on hers, and although I haven’t seen her lips move, her voice was very clear.
She called me Thunder…
Few people called me like that. 
Even Chaerin had stuck to “Sanghyun”

I kissed her.
It breaks my heart, and it sinks me into shame to admit it.
I kissed her, and she kissed me back.
My lips went down to her neck, and it only made me crazier, and more guilty, when I heard her voice.

“Yes…” – she said.

“Yes…”

“Yes, we have.”


We were back to table 5.
I was sat, and she was standing. Pen and paper at hand.

“I’m sorry…” – I said. Embarrassment replacing guilt.

“Yes, we have pineapple pie.” – she smiled, sweetly.

“Two slices to go, please.” – was all I managed to say.