Confound

How are you?

 

“Why?”

 

“Just… close your eyes. It’ll make you feel better.”

 

“But, I don’t want to.”

 

Ah, this girl. I was trying to help, but it seemed that she always refused my offer. He rubbed your temple as he lowered down his head, noticing that your lips were getting pale. He wanted to calm you down, but his actions were coming back to him. It was completely useless. Feelings running upside down, unquenchable, as if his body was about to break to pieces. The uncontrollable emotions that collided the walls of his chest started to hit harder. His heart pumped frantically, filling in the empty spaces in that room, until all that he could hear was the beats. Suddenly, your sobs were muted, as if the volume were turned down. He couldn’t think straight. He begged to get out from this situation. He unconsciously screamed, but again, it was all muted. Silence was all around him. In a flash, his touch was getting invisible. At once, he couldn’t feel anything. He was unable to sense his fingers touching onto your lower side of your lips. He knew he was currently lying on his bed, facing at your fragile soul, helpless. He was a strong guy, but he wouldn’t bear to break someone’s heart. All of the sudden, he felt a drop touched his cheek, running down his facial bones. He his palm onto his face, rubbing out a single tear that trickled a second ago. Confusion and puzzlement roamed frenetically. Questions popped continuously in his head. He had no clue.

 

He fought his intentions, as he caressed your skin. He managed to reduce it whenever he’s around you, but sometimes, he just couldn’t hold back. Conquering the pieces of his heart, he traveled his hand onto your palm, slowly entering a peaceful state of mind. As he enveloped the spaces between the fingers, he cherished his life. Embracing every part of you, he whispered, I’m sorry.

 

“____!”

 

“Oh, Changmin!”

 

“Uh, *coughs* I wanted to tell you something.”

 

His sentence stopped you from going out of the classroom. He stood there, facing towards the girl that he waited for years. Waiting for a word to be spoken, you faced him back as you pulled your hair behind your ears, brushing every strand of your fresh roots, trying to look pretty in front of him. You pulled down your shirt, as you wiggled your right foot. He paid attention at the line of your shoulder, gazing at the part that he admired the most. He was lost inside his wildest dreams, until he realized that he almost forgot what he wanted to say. He cleared his mind, as he stepped closer to you. He ran his fingers through his hair while holding his bag on his left shoulder. The gray cardigan that covered his body suddenly embraced his fears, gathering his self-esteem on its maximum level. Curving a slight smirk, he bent his back as he pushed his head forward, heading to your soft cheek. He blew a warm, gentle kiss, and lean his body onto yours. Without hesitation, he pulled your back with his palm, holding you in embrace.

 

I’ve been waiting for years to hold you this close. You should know that.

 

You pulled back, giving a little space between you and him. The next thing you realized, you accidentally looked at his sincere eyes. That beautiful light-brown iris, wrapped inside his mismatched eyes, flattened your heart. All of the sudden, your eyes met. It was such a beautiful sight. It was a momentary moment, an unforgettable piece of a beautiful song. It felt as if the time stopped for a second, using it as a chance to enfold two lost hearts. As you felt comfortable, you laid your head onto his chest and hugged him tighter.

 

“____ , will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Moving your arms onto his shoulders, you couldn’t imagine that he was actually saying those words. You were lost in words, unable to answer his gesture. Cupping your fingers onto his cheek, you caressed him slowly, silently hiding your amazement of his perfectly tanned skin. As you raised your tiptoes, you approached his lips. Enclosing his lower lips, it felt as if both of you were under a spell, astonished by the sweet ecstasy.

 

He remembered it perfectly. Those memories roamed in his head, as he watched you fell asleep. He titled his head and looked at the clock on his bedside. It was already 7 PM. He rubbed his eyes and turned to you. Pulling the blanket onto your body, he watched you traveled in your dreams. Your skin glowed as the moonlight sparked from the window. Your eyes were weary, and your lips were a bit chapped, but it wasn’t pale anymore. In fact, it was red and warm, as if you were kissed a second ago. Your cheeks blushed, and unconsciously, you were curving a smile while you slept. Your hair fell perfectly on your shoulder.Changmin giggled for a while, as he reached for his book on his desk. He dimmed the bed light, and flipped the pages of the book. He enjoyed reading at night. That’s a rare sight that you didn’t see everyday, well, for a wild yet charming guy like Changmin.

 

Two hours passed by, as the night continued to beam its wonderful lights. Changmin kept enjoying his book, as he flipped through the pages. Between his readings, he often peeked at you. Realizing that you were still under your dreams, he tilted his head back and focusing on the next chapters. He ran his index finger onto the words as he pinched the lower edge of the page, flipping it continuously as he fell deeply into the story. He often imagined that he was the actual main character, and sometimes he laughed by himself. Whenever he found an interesting part, he shook his head while putting a smirk on his face. Tsk tsk tsk, he mumbled. He yawned once in a while, but he forced himself to stayed awake. In the middle of his readings, he noticed that your right leg was moving under the blanket. As he resisted his intention to wake you up, he closed his book and directly grabbed your hand and put it onto his palm. His left hand caressed the back of your hand, as he murmured sweet things about you. Suddenly, something bothered your mind, forcing you to snap out from your dream. You almost hit your head onto the bed rest, but the pillows covered you from doing such thing.

 

“W-what happened?”

 

“You fell asleep, dear.”

 

“Omo! What time is this?! 9 PM? I haven’t cook for dinner, and.. and…”

 

Changmin suddenly blew a quick kiss onto your lips. He caressed your arms, and rubbed your temples, calming you down.

 

“Baby, you better get some rest, okay? I’ll cook an instant ramen later on, while you, stay put. Good night, ____. Have a nice dream.”

 


Hey there! I succeeded on writing the third chapter, kkkk. It was pretty hard for me to put those beautiful words as one. Idk why I feel a bit poetic lately. Hope you like the story anyway. What do you think so far? Please comment and subscribe :D

image credit : neverend (edited by me)