Be Strong.

I'm Never the One.

Hyemin walked into the classroom with glassy eyes. Minah quickly got out of her seat, "Hey, what's wrong? What happened?" She put her hands on Hyemin's shoulders.

Hyemin looked up into her eyes and shook her head, "I'm a horrible person." She said.

Minah pulled her into a hug, "No you're not. Now tell me, what happened?"

"Myungsoo was going to ask me to be his girlfriend but I already knew because of Changsub then I was getting so nervous and worried because I'm not ready to be his girlfriend so he asked me out to dinner and he was going to ask me then but he realized by the way I was acting that I didn't want to be his girlfriend so he told me to forget everything and now I feel so bad but that's not all that's killing me."

Hyemin started crying. "What else is bothering you?" Minah asked.

"Changsub likes Jiyeon. He told her and now they're talking and-" She scoffed, "I lied okay. I like Changsub, I like him a lot. I was hoping that he liked me too but he likes her and now they're going to be all happy together and I'm going to have to see them and hear him talk about her and I hate it, I ruined my chance."

Minah shook her head, "Pabo. I knew you liked him. Listen, I know for a fact that Changsub likes you too but he's just as much of a coward as you are. He's scared to tell you that he likes you. He thinks you don't like him so he decided to give up and just settle for Jiyeon in hopes that he'll fall for her and forget about you."

Hyemin looked at Minah with wide eyes, "And what if he doesn't like me?" She asked.

Minah rolled her eyes, "He does like you, trust me! Even Jiyeon can see that he likes you. It's obvious and you two need to be together but it might be too late. You can't just confess to him because he's talking to Jiyeon now. You're going to have to wait for the right moment."

Hyemin nodded her head, "I'm so stupid. I missed my chance."

Minah wiped her tears, "It's okay. You're time will come just be patient and be strong."

Hyemin laughed through her tears and pulled in Minah for a hug. "This is why you're my best friend."

"I know. Let's go buy something from the vending machine!" The two stood up. 

As soon as they walked out of the room, there was Jiyeon and Changsub sitting down in the bench in the hall. Hyemin's smile fell when she saw them. Jiyeon looked up and saw them and she quickly put her head on Changsub's shoulder.

"What are you doing?" Changsub asked as he looked at him. She cleared and sat up.

Changsub looked up and his eyes met Hyemin's, "Hey. How'd it go with Myungsoo?" He asked.

"I- Uh- We'll talk about it tomorrow." She said and he nodded his head.

Minah grabbed her and they continued walking, "Be strong." She said.