Intro

415, Shining Street

 

The two boys stopped in front of the building.

 

“415, shining street?” said the tallest, muscular one.

 

He had short dark black hair and big brown eyes. His blue t-shirt and dark pants suited him very well, and he knew it. He was already aware of his handsomeness, and wasn't afraid to use it to get what he wanted.

 

“Yup, Minho, that's it. 415, shining street. We're here” said the shorter but older boy at his side.

 

His light brown hair were up to his shoulders. There were wrinkles around his eyes and mouth, as if he had smiled too much already for his young age. His clothes, a green shirt with blue jeans, were totally destroyed, due to the multiple times he had fallen on the walk to get there.

 

The building was not really big. There were only 4 apartments in there – two on the first floor, and two on the second floor. A series of similar edifices occupied the major part of the Shining Street, at the end of which a drugstore and a children's park were located.

 

Minho and Onew entered the place. It wasn't really big - there were only two floors, and the two boys' apartment was supposed to be on the second one. The walls inside were white – a white that wasn't really white anymore, but kind of yellowish. There wasn't much decoration on the walls, but everything was clean.

 

It seemed somewhat peaceful.

 

“The key is in our neighbors' room”, said the brown-haired boy. “They are at room 4.”

“Alright,” said Minho, “let's get the key.”

 

They climbed the stairs and found themselves in front of a hallway that splited in half at its end. On the left side was room number three, and on the right side was number 4. They turned right and faced a door, on which was hung a piece of paper marked with a 4. They heard some weird kind of noise coming from behind it, and knocked again, unsure. A scream was shouted, and then Onew and Minho heard footsteps coming toward them.

 

The door opened, revealing a short man approximately their age with disheveled brown hair. He seemed completely exasperated.

 

“YAH, WHERE WERE YOU? IT'S BEEN...” he started screaming before looking closely at the two boys in front of him. “OH, sorry, you're...not the pizzaman, aren't you?”

 

Onew and Minho exchanged a slightly worried look.

 

“No...” said Onew a little reluctantly.

“We're the new neighbors,” added Minho.

“Ah, I see!” the boy said, ruffling his hair with his hand. He suddenly started smiling very brightly. “Sorry, we're waiting for the pizzaman. Wait a moment, I'll bring you the key!”

 

He smiled again to the two boys, closed the door and screamed :

 

“YAAH, TAEMIN-HA, WHERE ARE THE KEYS?”

“WAE? THE WHAT?” answered another masculine, though slightly acute voice.

“THE KEYS, FOR THE NEW NEIGHBORS”

“THE KEYS?”

“YEAH, THE KEYS. WHERE IS IT?”

 

The screams went on and on for about a few minutes during which Onew and Minho were waiting patiently in complete disbelief outside the apartment. After a final monumental scream, the door opened again, and the short boy appeared, a dumb smile still glued to his face, as if he didn't just scream his lungs off.

 

“Sorry, it's a little messy here... Here is your set of keys. I don't know which one opens your apartment, so you might want to start trying them now. See you around!”

 

And with a last smile to Onew and Minho, he closed the door for good.

 

“Well,” said Onew after a few seconds, “that's a nice greeting. Let's get to our room, I have to use the bathroom.”

 

Once in front of their apartment's door, Minho took a look at the keys the short boy had given them, and noticed there were about 15 of them.

 

“Are you kidding me” he mumbled before trying the first one.

“Come on, hurry up” said Onew, holding his pants.

“I'm trying, hyung” answered Minho calmly.

 

He had a hard expression on his face – the same he always had when he was in a competition. He acted just as if he was the star of a TV show, and that a whole team depended on his capacity to unlock a door as fast as he could. Any type of competition was a competition, and as silly as it was, Minho always did his best.

 

“Look,” said Onew after the fifth key, “could you please hurry up, I really can't hold it in anymore.”

“Ah, let me be.” said Minho, exasperated.

“Minho. Minho. Min-Ho,” repeated Onew tirelessly.

 

Suddenly, Minho turned around to face Onew, annoyed.

“Yah, go outside if it's that much of an emergency! I'm doing my best, you know!”

“Okay, but I need to take a crap, so you might as well just...”

“LOOK, ONEW, STOP RIGHT HERE, THIS IS EMBARASSING, YOU CAN'T GO AROUND SCREAMING YOU NEED TO POO...”

“... BUT YOU'RE THE ONE SCREAMING IT MINHO! NOW JUST OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!”

“I'M DOING MY BEST, HOW ABOUT YOU DO IT?”

 

Onew stared at him, a mix of disbelief and exasperation painted on his usually angelic face, as if Minho had just told him he was a dolphin.

 

“THEN. JUST. LET. ME. DO. IT.” said Minho as a final word before Onew could reply.

 

They were looking fiercely at each other. Finally, Onew sighed, then sat on the floor without a word and started to sing a children's song while holding his knees in his arms. Minho stood there for a moment, looking curiously at his hyung before turning to face the door.

 

That's the moment when their neighbor chose to appear.

 

“Hey guys!” he said with surprise, “What are you still doing here?”

 

Minho turned to face him, embarrassed.

 

“Well... we still can't find the good key, and I don't know why it's not working and -”

 

Minho interrupted himself when he caught the look on the guy's face.

 

“What's wrong?” he asked, confused.

“I... haha, this is funny!” answered the boy, nervously laughing. “See, this keychain?” he asked, pointing it. Minho nodded. “Well... it's actually mine, haha! I gave you my set of keys!” he said with the dumbest smile.

“You...”

“... Taemin must have given me mine when I asked for the keys... he was busy so he didn't really listen to me... aish, this boy, really!” he mumbled to himself, frowning.

 

He looked back at Minho and smiled to him. His smile was so big his eyes seemed as if they had disappeared.

 

“Wait, give me those back, I'll bring back yours!” he said, abruptly taking the keys from Minho's hands.

 

He turned to face Onew, who was still on the floor, still singing to himself, almost soundlessly. When Onew noticed it, he lifted his face, and the boy gave him a bright smile and waved at him before heading toward his own apartment.

 

“What happened?” asked Onew, clueless.

“He gave us his keys” said Minho in a sigh.

Onew's face turned white and he started to tear up.

What? I'm going to die, what is this, I can't die like this, what a stupid way to die Onew endlessly whined. “Minho, I won't die like this, right?”

“Aish, seriously, so dramatic...” said Minho in a breath.

“I cannot do that here. And if I stand up, it won't be long before...” was mumbling Onew when their neighbor finally rushed toward them with another set of keys.

 

“Here.” he said cheerfully, handing the keys to Minho. “Taemin marked the one that opens your door with a sticker so you can remember which it is. You'll find soon enough about the other keys.”

“Thanks” said Minho, tense. He immediately turned to the door to open it.

“Ah...well, I guess that's...” started the cheerful guy, but he was interrupted by Onew suddenly standing up and rushing inside his apartment, screaming “FREE, FREE, I'M FINALLY FREE”.

“...all?” he added to Minho, who simply shrugged and slightly bowed to him before going in too.

 

The boy looked at the closed door for a few seconds, before mumbling to himself “Aish, so ungrateful...”  

 

 


 

Tadaaaaa ~

So, there you have it, first chapter :) I think there are some typos left, I apologize in advance!

Key and Taemin are coming soon, don't worry :)

Oh, and I just don't want you guys to expect a lot of romance because it will be for the most part bromance. Nothing EXCESSIVELY ROMANTIC. Consider yourself warned ;) I hope you enjoyed this first intro chapter kekeke