24 hours is enough

Only 24 hours

 

Everyday, it became a routine for L to woke up early and head straight for Infinity Love Café. Every time he’s there, an angel would stood in front of him, adoring the morning fresh air and the morning sun. Every single time he saw that angel, his heart would do a flip flop, heart beat accelerated, butterflies in the stomach and eyes will just be on that girl who stood there like an angel.

Once, their eyes met, Ah Ri would smile and bowed, while L snapped from his dazed and smiled back, after that he would follow her into the café and ordered his breakfast. The menu will be the exact same thing that Ah Ri had this morning, after taking his order up, he would go up to her and told her that she belonged to him. The shock on her face, mixed with happiness, confused, bafflement, curiousness, afraid and strange. Those expressions would never bore L, every time L confesses to her; she would have that exact expression on her face. To his surprise, as the day passed, her expressions became less and less like that, more to happy and not strange anymore, like as if deep down she knew that L was hers’ and that they were meant to be together.

*****

24th date. This time L had prepared a song for her. Just for her to listen and for her to endure the meaning of the song. L also had something else in his mind. Truth was going to be spilled. It was the biggest step, but he knew that once she knew, she’d probably forget about it the next day.

Right after, singing the song to Ah Ri. L met up with Ah Ri’s uncle and told him to bring Ah Ri to the doctor, for her to know the truth. At first, Mr. Hyo disagreed with it, but after a lot of persuasion, finally Mr. Hyo agreed.

Once they arrived at the hospital, they went straight to Ah Ri’s doctor’s office.

“Hello, nice to meet Ah Ri.” The doctor greeted her. Ah Ri had no clue that he is, accept that he is a doctor.

“Nice to meet you too.” Ah Ri greeted back. After the greetings, the doctor went to his real business.

“The problem with Ah Ri is that she suffers from short-term memory loss. Her brain capacity can only hold up until 24 hours of memory, before she forgets everything that had happened during the day. This was caused by the accident that she and her family got into a few months ago, it’s nearly been a year, and from the result, I could see that she’s actually recovering. But of course, short-term memory loss can’t be healed. They are permanent. Maybe in Ah Ri’s case, she does remember something during the day, but she can’t quite put the pieces together.”

“Are you saying that she does remember who I am, but she doesn’t really, can’t remember and know me?” said L.

“Excuse me. I’m sorry but I don’t quite understood what you’re trying to say here.”

“What I’m to tell is, deep down, she knows who I am, right?” L squeezed Ah Ri’s hand. The doctor nodded. L felt relieved knowing that Ah Ri does remember him.

Ah Ri’s head felt heavy, her eyes were watery. The whole time the doctor explained to them about Ah Ri’s conditioned, she just held her tears in, not wanting to break down in front of them. The good thing is, Ah Ri can remember for 24 hours and not lesser than that, they were grateful for that. As soon as they finished talking with the doctor, Ah Ri kept a distanced from L. Every time L get closer to her, she would walked faster and moved away from him. Before going home, Ah Ri wanted to spend some time on the beach. The sun was about to set in a few minutes. L was alone with her on the bach, the two of them enjoying the breeze together, before the day ends.

*****

“Ah Ri! Wait up!” L was following her. She ran away from L, but every time she ran, L would’ve caught her.

“Let go! Go away! I hate you!” Tears were welling up around Ah Ri’s eyes.

“No! I won’t! Even if you say you hate me, but I know that I love you and you love me. And that’s that!” L said pulling her into his embrace. She shoved L back, causing him to stumble.

“Why? Why, L, why? Tell me why?!” Ah Ri yelled at L.

“What?”

“Why do you keep on doing all of this?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I love you,” L emphasized the word love and looked at her passionately.

“How could you do this to me?” tears rolled down Ah Ri’s cheek. L wiped the tears away with his thumb and cupped both of her rosy cheeks into those pair of warm hands of his.

“I love you. Isn’t that enough?” L locked eyes with Ah Ri. Lots of expression and feelings could be told just by looking deep into the eyes.

“You know that I’ve only got 12 hours to feel your love, 12 hours to love you and 12 hours to completely forget about everything. Everything that had happened between us during the day. You know that don’t you?” Ah Ri looked loveless at the moment she said that.

“Yes, I know. But that’s what made it interesting. We will always have a journey, a new journey and adventure and love story everyday. I don’t care if the next day you’ll forget about me and not knowing who am I, the thing that I care is, your love. The love that you’ll give me, and the love that we’ll share. That’s what keeps me going, that’s my spirit. In this not so-short-story time, making you fall in love with me all over again will always be fun and intimidating, even if you only got 24 hours to love me. Remember, that only 24 hours will be a long time and 12 hours to feel my love and 12 hours to forget, is enough for you to love me just for the day, and the next day, will be a whole new love story.”

“That is why I LOVE you, Hyo Ah Ri,” L continued. Ah Ri was touched by every single word that L said.

“I’m sorry that I’ve got only 24 hours to love you. And L, remember that deep down in my heart, you’ll always be mine and I’ll always will love and be yours. I LOVE you!” Ah Ri confessed.

The sun had set. The clouds changing its color from orange to red and from red to dark blue, the atmosphere changed, as the two lovely figure stood in the middle of the beach, where the sunset light had reached them and beyond the sunset the two lovely couple kissed passionately as their love for each other grows and they know that no matter what, they’ve got each other and they’ll always love each other for eternity, even though she have got only 24 hours to feel his love for her, but that doesn’t changed the fact that they’ll always love each other. Let the sunset and the beach, be their witness. 24 hours more than enough for them to fall in love, love for eternity.

 

~The End~

 

 

 

 

 


A/N : Hello! ^^ Thx you all for reading this fic! Really do thank you! Hope that you all enjoy this story and had a blast romantic feeling when reading this. Huhu ^.^. I actually wanted to made a one-shot with only one chap, but I huess thta I got carried away... lol XD Sorry for the mistakes and bad use of eng. Mianhea... 

Time for credits! The pics and vids are not mine. The cr goes to owner. The story is inspired by the song Kim Sungkyu - 60sec and a film, which is actually pretty related.  

Once again, thx for reading, commenting and subscribing! XD