His fourth date, her first date

Only 24 hours

 

Night went on and morning came. The same thing happened. It was a repetition completely. L had gone down to Infinity Love Café. He waved at Ah Ri, but all she did was just gave a weird look while waving back at him and had gone inside the café.

Wait… Again,’ L thought.

L sat down at his usual seat and ordered the same thing that Ah Ri had ate this morning, which is pancakes and earl grey tea. The whole time L was eating his breakfast, his eyes would land on Ah Ri as she worked. This time, L didn’t wait or talked to Ah Ri, because L get a little hint that Ah Ri was working on a half-day shift and that she’ll be free for lunch and for the rest of the day.

Again, L had gone to the florist and had bought a bouquet of Roses this time.

Hopefully, she won’t be allergic to these.’

L skipped down to the café and as he had expected, Ah Ri was free for lunch ad for the rest of the day.

“Hyo Ah Ri, will you spend the day with me, again?” L sort of whispered the word again.

Ah Ri was stunned and shocked seeing a guy suddenly handing out roses and asking if she’ll spend the day with him. When Ah Ri saw L’s face, something had hit her, but she couldn’t exactly put a finger on it.

Why do I feel like I’ve seen you before?’

“How sweet. But, really aren’t you the guy who stared at the whole time you were in the cafe?” Ah Ri cocked her head for certainty.

L smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well, you know my name, so, why not?”

L broadly smiled happily. The two of them walked and ended up again at L’s place. Ah Ri walked around his house and found it quite amusing that it was simply decorated. L was actually feeling a bit curious because the way Ah Ri acted yesterday was really weird.

“You like it?” L walked to the bookshelf and stood beside her. They were in the study room. Ah Ri gave a slight nod. L wrapped his arms around Ah Ri’s waist and rested his chin on Ah Ri’s shoulder. The smell of L’s scent was delightful, his warm touch was very elegant, and every thing about him was perfect.

L released Ah Ri, which made her frowned a bit. He took a book, the radio and had inserted orchestra music. Ah Ri also took a book and sat beside L. For the first half hour, they talked and answered questions. Mostly, L had answered questions about Ah Ri correct, and that made Ah Ri wondered. For the rest of the time they had together, they just sat quietly, reading books and listening to the music. Ah Ri’s eyes got heavier and heavier, her head bumped L’s shoulder then, she rested her head on his broad shoulder and had closed her eyes. Her breath got evened; she had fallen asleep. L who was reading with passion stopped when he saw a peaceful, innocent face had rested upon his shoulders. He smiled, and caressed her hair.

“You are so lovely.” L said while smiling, he pressed his lips against her forehead, delicately he ran his fingers through her jawline and when his fingers touched the corner of her lips, he stopped and pulled away. He gave her one last tender, soft gaze before eyes were on the book once again.

I hope that we’ll always be as peaceful as the sea, like this forever,’ L hoped.

Dinner came. L had prepared everything specially made just for them two. This time L had cooked spaghetti and had totally prepared the table ever so romantically. Ah Ri was awake by the smell of the pasta and the aromatic candle, that the smell combined making it a very aromatic and sweet-scented.

Ah Ri followed the fragrant and fund that L was neatly dressed with a blazer and white shirt underneath. A smile was formed on both of their lips. Ah Ri was touched by what L had done for her.

“You prepared all of this by yourself?”

L nodded.

“I didn’t know that you could cook.”

“Well, don’t judge a book by its cover. Try it first.” Being a gentleman, L went towards Ah Ri and linked arms with her. He pulled the chair for her and poured some wine into the glasses.

“You can drink wine, right?” L asked to make sure that she could.

“Of course, I can!” She beamed.

“Good.”

Ah Ri took the first bite. She munched slowly to savor the food, as the food went down , her lips curved upwards and her eyes shined.

“Wow! You could really cook, L! I’m impressed,” Ah Ri complemented.

“Thank you,” L was impressed with himself that could cook. ‘I thought that you’ve tasted my cooking before.’ L wondered.

Like before, after dinner L had sends her home, and again, her house was dark, this time, L really going to make the biggest move.

Kim Myungsoo! You had to kiss her tonight! Win her heart!’ L encouraged himself. L leaned in closer to Ah Ri. L closed his eyes, Ah Ri heart was hammering inside her chest and so was L’s. She closed her eyes. The moment their lips touched, they could feel fireworks boomed. They pulled away and their eyes met, they were meant for each other.

L tucked her loose hair behind her ears.

“Goodbye. See you. And, I love you!” L whispered in her ear.

“I love you too,” Ah Ri whispered. L spun around and leaves. Ah Ri touched her lips. That kiss was their first. 

*****

The next day, l was indeed very happy. He was hoping that Ah Ri would greet him this morning. When he saw Ah Ri outside the café, he called for her, but no response came from her.

Maybe she didn’t hear,’ L thought.

Today was the fourth day they’ve been together. L had tried to catch her attention all the time but it all failed.

I thought that we kissed last night.’ L just looked at her. ‘The ring.’ L searched for her fingers and he was glad that the ring was still there.

“Excuse me, Ah Ri. I could see that you’re wearing the ring that I gave you.” L said.

“Excuse me sir. Are you the one that gave me this ring?” Ah Ri asked. L looked baffled.

“Y-yeah… Why?”

“Oh, nothing. I could see that you are wearing the same ring like mine. Who are you?”

! Dammit! That question, again! What is up with her?!’ L looked annoyed. “Don’t you remember?” L took her hands in his and told her that he was her boyfriend. went agape.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, I am.”

Why does it felt like I’ve told her this like many times, before? It felt like I’ve to make her fall in love with me all over again, and then, the next day she would’ve forget who I am. Wae?’ L thought. Questions and wonders ran through his mind.

“Why are you doing this to me?” L finally asked Ah Ri, when he had took her outside the café.

“Do what?”

L tightens the grip on her wrist. She pursed her lip into a thin line, she was afraid. L searched her eyes, when his eyes finally found hers, he asked her again.

“You know, making you falling in love with me again. Like love me for the day, then forgets about me the next day. What is that? What kind of game is it that you’re playing?” L asked in rage.

“Geuman. You’re scaring me.” Ah Ri looked away.

“Mianhea,” L apologized, loosened the grip and hugged her.

Yeon Ni who was watching from inside wanted to tell L the truth about Ah Ri, but she can’t do it now, not when Ah Ri was there.

“Ah Ri. I love you so much, that you have to understand that I’ll never let you go, okay. Please, if you are doing this to get rid of me then it’s not working. My love for you is eternity.” L’s eyes were began water.

“Don’t cry. L? Was that your name?” Ah Ri asked while pouting.

L smiled and nodded slightly.

“Since that I’m your girlfriend and you scared me earlier, can we go out for lunch? I’m half-day today.”

“Sharp 12 noon. I’ll be here waiting.” L released her and waved at her as he saw her going back inside the café. L turned around and was about to leave but stopped when someone called him.

“Myungsoo! Wait!” Yeon Ni shouted. L turned around and cocked his head. Yeon Ni ran towards him. “I want to talk to you. You are not busy, right.” L nodded.

“Sure.”

“Good. Lets go somewhere else.”

Yeon Ni and L began walking and talking.

“So… What is it that you want to talk about?” L asked feeling very curious but something inside his head told him that he wished Yeon Ni would told him about what is really going on with Ah Ri. 

 

“So… I believe your name is Kim Myungsoo,” Yeon Ni asked L who was zoning out.

“Huh, er, yes. My name is Kim Myungsoo, but I prefer people call me L. How do you know?”

“Ah Ri told me, by the way my name is Yeon Ni. Do you still remember me?”

“Erm, sorry.”

“Well, I’m that waitress you told to bring Ah Ri over.”

“I see. Thanks, I guess.” L disheveled his hair.

Yeon Ni chuckled seeing how weird L must have felt right now.

“Okay, I just want to tell you something, it’s about Ah Ri. I believe by now, you must’ve loads of questions running in your mind. Such as, why does everyday Ah Ri thinks that it’s your first date, but in reality it’s your like what, 4th date?”

L nodded looking down. “I really do can’t understand it. How come she doesn’t even remember anything about us?”

“Well, that’s because my dear friend L, she is not in a good condition, more to mental than physical and by mental, not insane nor crazy but her memory.”

Yeon Ni explained it all to L about what she knew about Ah Ri; how she can be like that and what exactly is wrong with her. From time to time L nodded, L gaped and on top of all, he felt sorry for her. No wonder she can’t remember a lot of things that had happened the day before.

Yeon Ni let out a sigh once she’d finished explaining.

“Is there a way to heal her?” L asked with hopeful eyes.

“I don’t know. Maybe yes, maybe no. She’s still new, so there might be a chance. The question is, you,” Yeon Ni stared at him.

“Me?” L pointed to himself, Yeon Ni nodded.

“Are you prepared for making her fall in love you all over again the next day and every time she wakes up? Do you have what it takes?” Yeon Ni looked L in the eye, telling him that she’s serious.

L doesn’t need to think for a long time to answer that question. Why? Because he is doing it right now. It had been the third time L had to make her fall in love with him all over again, so, why not.

“Trust me. I’ll take care of her and I’ll make her fall in love with me starting from the day begins till the day ends. I love her, and I’ll always love her for eternity,” L said. Sincere took over him and so did passion. For some reason, Yeon Ni could see something inside L that made her trust him. L was not like any other guy that had dated Ah Ri in the past, he was yet so and every different, he was one in a million guy.

“I trust you, Kim Myungsoo. Good luck and be prepare for the journey of your love with Ah Ri. It might be difficult and boring at times, but keep cool and interesting. If you two are fated to be together, than fate shall make you two, one.” Yeon Ni gave him a reassuring and serene smile, which shows how much she believed in L.

“It’s nearly 12 noon. You should probably get going. Surprise her,” Yeon Ni patted his shoulder and winked. L replied with that crocked grin of his before running to ‘Infinity Love Café’ to meet with his beloved.

Don’t disappoint us, Kim Myungsoo, but thank you,’ Yeon Ni took a glance over her shoulder towards L who was running to make sure that he’s not late even for a minute to met his beloved.