One

Fansite Masters [DISCONTINUED]

 

 

A/N: BNF (Big name fan): A well-known fan in a particular fandom.

 

==================

 

Youngjae had just finished uploading his recent fan-taken pictures of the ladies from SECRET on his fansite, and he’s currently typing away on his computer, posting the links of the pictures to his fansite’s twitter. Youngjae was kind of proud to say that his fansite accumulated a great number of fans, as proven on his site’s twitter which gained over three thousand followers in the span of two months even though he was relatively new.

While other fansite masters focused on individual pictures, Youngjae liked all of the members of SECRET equally so most of his photos were group photos of the girls. That was probably why people loved his fansite, and probably why ANGELSECRETS was one of the most well-known fansite in the fandom (thus making him, the fansite master, a BNF but Youngjae insisted that it was his pictures that people knew and loved, not him).

Once Youngjae tweeted the links, they were retweeted almost instantly and his ‘mentions’ was now filled with the fans’ gratitude and some of the other fansite master’s spazzing over his near flawless pictures. Of course they were almost flawless. Youngjae starved himself for over 3 months, worked part time as his neighbour’s baby-sitter just to buy the best camera available for his 4 beautiful angels.

Youngjae typed some replies to the other fansite masters (one of Jieun’s fansite master, Jepp, was being extra spazzy tonight seeing one particular picture of her winking at Youngjae’s camera) and bid the people on his timeline a good night. Once he switched off his computer he stretched in his chair, taking a deep breath. He then closed the window of his bedroom halfway and collapsed on the bed and fell asleep almost instantly. That night he dreamt of going onto the stage and hugging each of the members of SECRET while other fanboys wailed because of jealousy.

 

 

The next morning Youngjae settled into his seat in the class and his friend, Niel approached him with a grim look. Youngjae paid little attention to the brown haired boy and proceeded to take out his textbooks and pencil case from his bag.

“I saw someone editing your photos on tumblr yesterday.” Niel said as he took a seat in the chair opposite of Youngjae’s table. The blonde scoffed. He really didn’t care about editors. No matter how much he (or anyone else, really) wrote DO NOT EDIT in full caps, bolded red Arial size 28, ignorant people will still edit his pictures and they will continue to do so as long as internet exists.

“You know that I’ve tried to stop them long, long time ago but these new editors just keep appearing and editing and stuff. I can only ignore them at this point and besides, I like sharing things and making people happy.” Youngjae shrugged.

“You’re too nice, you know. You should restrict international fans’ access from your site.”

“Nah, not all of them edit my stuff so it’s not fair if other innocent fans aren’t able to see the photos just because some people edited them.”

Niel shook his head. He was about to say something when the teacher arrived and he sat on his own place after patting Youngjae’s shoulder. Youngjae knew that he was too nice for his own good but he couldn’t help it. Maybe one day he will finally post a rule saying that the people who joined his site were not allowed to post the pictures on any other site, although he doubt he’ll ever do that, he’ll just wait until things got really out of hand. For now, everyone was free to join and view the photos he shared.

 

 

It was Saturday and Youngjae, along with many other Secret Timers, were waiting in front of the MBC Dream Centre for the girls’ arrival. Youngjae was leaning against a red car while adjusting the settings in his camera. Around him was fangirls and fanboys, hands full of gifts to give to their beloved idols and cameras to snap their photos. Youngjae never liked handing the girls presents while they were rushing because he didn’t want to invade their personal space, which was also the reason why Youngjae saved up extra money so that he could buy additional lens to take photos from a favourable distance. Some of the other fansite masters were also there and Youngjae nodded at them when they noticed him.

The sudden shriek from a fangirl startled Youngjae and he almost dropped his camera. Frowning, he turned towards the source and more people were screaming. Apparently SECRET had arrived and the girls were walking towards the Dream Centre building, surrounded by fans. The girls never failed to smile, bow and took presents gratefully from their swarming fans. Youngjae, still in his place brought up his camera and snapped pictures of the girls. Zinger saw him and waved sweetly, and Youngjae had to control himself from squealing and quickly snapped twice before waving back.

The girls passed by him – Youngjae never moved from his spot because he could already get a clear view of them – and this time Sunhwa and Hyosung smiled brightly at him. Youngjae thought it was his luckiest day ever. Once the girls were inside he kept his camera in his bag and placed a hand on his chest. He was shaking from excitement. For 3 months he had been a fansite master, this was the first time the girls actually saw him and regarded him all 3 at the same time (Jieun already saw him once, hence Jepp freaking out). He wasn’t sure what he was feeling, but it was definitely great.

Grinning to himself he adjusted the strap of his backpack on his shoulder and started to follow the other fans inside the building when he had a strange feeling of being watched. Youngjae turned around. There were a lot of people there and it shouldn’t be a strange thing. But it just felt really odd, as if someone was staring at him, and only him. Youngjae shivered, feeling a little crept out and jogged inside the building where SECRET would be pre-recording their comeback performance for Music Core.

 

 

Daehyun was muttering curses under his breath towards Jongup, his half-brother who forced him to accompany him to SECRET’s comeback performance on Music Core. Daehyun never enjoyed music by idols; he was more of an indie and American music-type of person because to him idols were manufactured to deceive teenagers of their age with their almost flawless face and fake personalities. Daehyun doubted half of the idol population could even sing decently without backup vocals and auto-tunes, but he always kept the thought to himself lest he’d be crippled for the rest of his life.

The two of them were walking alongside of Hyosung’s (was it Hyosung? Daehyun wasn’t sure) fansite master, who Daehyun thought had a lot of similarities with his half-brother, who happened to be the fansite’s co-admin. The fansite master, who introduced himself as Kikwang, was older than him by 3 years (5 for Jongup), he was pretty much Jongup’s height (who was a few inches shorter than Daehyun), both of them had toned body (of which Daehyun might have been a bit jealous), both of their eyes would disappear into crescents when they smile or laugh and both of them kind of space out a lot.

Seeing the hordes of fans waiting outside the building, Daehyun stopped dead in his tracks, Jongup and Kikwang followed shortly after. There was no way he was going to suffocate himself by standing amongst the crowd that would surely be screaming their heads off once SECRET arrived.

“What’s wrong?” Jongup asked.

“I think I’ll just wait for you guys over here.” Daehyun replied, leaning against a lamppost. Jongup and Kikwang looked at each other before shrugging and left Daehyun to join the other fans.

“Don’t forget to snap some photos of Hyosung okay?” Jongup called out as he walked. Daehyun snorted, as if he was going to waste his camera’s battery for that and it wasn’t like he knew which one of the girls were Hyosung anyway. He knew the name only because Jongup had been blabbering about her ever since the younger boy became a Secret Time. Daehyun took out his Nikon DSLR camera from his messenger bag anyway, taking random pictures of the scenery to add to his photography club’s gallery. Maybe he would name the album ‘Rise of the Mob of Scary Fans’ or something.

As he was taking photos, his eyes caught the sight of someone who was leaning against a red car in front of the MBC building. The blue beanie covered most of his hair but Daehyun could see blonde strands sticking out of it. The blonde boy was pretty detached from the other fans but he had a camera (equipped with one extra lens) in his hands and was pretty immersed in doing something to it. Daehyun zoomed into the boy’s face using his camera to get a better look and the sight took his breath away.

The blonde boy was a total baby face with round cheeks, big doe eyes and small plump red lips that pouted a little when he was concentrating. Without knowing what he was doing, Daehyun pressed the shutter release, and the photo of the boy was saved into his camera. Soon after, he was capturing every action that he did, including the boy taking photos of SECRET (who Daehyun didn’t notice had already arrived and the sounds of the fans screaming were drowned out of his ears because he was too focused on the blonde).

After SECRET had gone into the building, the fans followed them while Jongup skipped towards where Daehyun was standing. The blonde boy also followed the other fans inside, but then stopped and turned around. Daehyun hid himself behind the lamp post and tried to act inconspicuous. Wait. Why am I hiding?

Jongup on the other hand, was grinning from ear to ear as he and Kikwang walked towards Daehyun. “Let’s go in.” the youngest boy said.

“Hell no, I’m not going in there.”

“And you’re just going to wait out here? The recording could take hours, you know.” His brother’s face became crestfallen.

“Better wait outside alone than getting squeezed by crazy fangirls for hours.” Daehyun mumbled. Jongup rolled his eyes, silently regretting his choice to force his brother to follow him.

“It’s okay if you wanna go home, Daehyun-sshi. I can send Jongup home with my car.” Kikwang suggested.

“Hyung, you sure?” Jongup asked and Kikwang nodded. Daehyun took it as his cue to leave and waved at the two males, muttering a good bye. Then he remembered something.

“By the way, did you guys see the guy near that red car just now? Do you know him?” Daehyun pointed to said car as the other two craned their necks to see where he was pointing at.

“Who?”

“Uhhh… round baby face, blue beanie, blonde?”

“Oh!” Kikwang exclaimed, his face showing recognition. “Yes of course we know him. Almost everyone do, to be honest. Brainbox-nim, ANGELSECRET’s fansite master. He's always there wherever SECRET goes. Kind of mysterious, but he’s a nice fellow.”

“You’re friends with him?”

“No, not really. He occasionally talks with other masters but he mostly prefers to keep to himself. I don’t think he’s cold or cocky or something, since he didn’t tell the people who edited his stuff to stop editing. Maybe he just likes being alone.”

“Why do you ask, though?” Jongup narrowed his eyes at his brother.

Daehyun tried to look innocent. “I just thought I’ve seen him somewhere.”

Jongup bought his excuse and then shooed him away. Well, Daehyun thought that he might actually follow his brother to chase SECRET around after this, except it wasn’t SECRET that he was going to go after.

 

==================

 

A/N: I really at thinking of names for fansites lol. Planned this to be a one shot but then it gets really really long XD So... how is it? I'm sorry if it's not up to your expectation omg but 21 subscribers?! AND THAT WAS JUST THE FOREWORD IDE WHERE DID YOU GUYS COME FROM