Ignis Fatuus: The Deadbells

Ignis Fatuus

 

Chapter 1

 

“Woah! Is that really her?” Aish! It’s early morning and as usual, my classmates who happen to be my friends are in my table again gossiping about something I’m not interested. For sure, it’s about girls. Tsk! Why do they have to talk on my seat? =___=

I sighed and just pursue on my seat with my hand bag hanging on my back.

“Move” I said coldly. Chanyeol hyung was the one who’s seated on my chair, on his right side, leaning on the wall with both hands inside his pants’ pockets was his best buddy Baekhyun, and the one seated on my seat’s front was Kyungsoo. All of them are staring at me with their eyes wide. Seeing them staring at me as if I’m somewhat stranger bothering their chat time, I decided to walk out but before I even turn on my back, I felt Chanyeol hyung’s grip.

(Hyung is a korean word used by young male calls to his same gender older than him)

“Tao! You’re here. Good!” he said as he moved from my chair and drags me to sit. =___=

“Look!” he said with his voice so loud as if he’s talking to a deaf. Well, I’ll be… soon =___=. My eyes narrowed as he pointed the magazine he placed in my table. I looked at him with a questionable stare. What am I gonna do with this?

“Aish! It’s Marian… Marian Wu. My beautiful goddess.” he said as he read my mind while pointing on the lady’s picture. I brushed the magazine off my table and placed my feet on.

“YAH! This brat!” hyung said and he quickly picks up his precious magazine.

“Yeol. I told you, Tao’s not interested with your goddess” Baekhyun said making Kyungsoo laugh. And me, chuckle.

“Tsk! Atleast he knows how to set space for my girl.”  Hyung said. Wow! His girl? That was fast. Well, who cares? She doesn’t even exist in our life.

“Let’s chat later” Baekhyun said with a smile as he taps me on my shoulder I nod at him and he leaves from his spot. Everyone started settling down on their seats as our teacher arrived. I removed my feet off the table.

“Okay class, let’s start”

“Ne!” (Ne is a korean word means Yes)

I looked at the window as our class started. I wonder how my gege is. I wish he could visit me again… somehow.

(Gege is a chinese word for older brother)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound was getting louder and louder as she walks through the wild crowd of the party place. The sound of her stiletto, her y walk, silky and vibrant hair, and y figure attracts not just male crowd but also her fellow gender. But, she doesn’t care. What she wanted and her true purpose of being at the bar was the guy seated and drinking liquor alone in the counter.

She sat on the stool beside the hunky guy, revealing her flawless skin as she crossed her legs.

“What would be yours miss?” asks by the bulky bartender. She tilted her head ily as if thinking what her order will be but, she haven’t say a thing when…

“Give her a light drink. A girl like her should not drink hard especially when she’s alone.” The hunky guy said as he turns his stool facing her. The lady winks at the bartender as a yes for the guy’s suggestion. The bartender left and started making her drink.

“How did you know I’m alone?” she asks as she turns her seat to face him.

“You entered this place all by your self.” he said while swirling the remaining drink from his glass and staring at her ily.

“Impressive. But, I haven’t seen you move your head through my direction.”

The guy smiled. She got a bit stunned as he touches the strand of her hair but she quickly remained on her posture. “Your scent is standing-out among the crowd.” he said as he smells her hair while looking straight into her eyes.

There’s a certain smile on her upon hearing out his words. Gotcha. Her purpose got confirmed straight from him. This guy… is what her boss wants.

Few minutes later, the bartender arrived and gave her her drink.

“Well then, let’s cheer Mr.?” she said as she raises her glass.

“Taekyeon. Just Taekyeon.”

After few hours of drinking and flirting, the guy is already drunk and she knows this. It’s the perfect time to do her task.

Still on his stool, the lady was now on his lap enjoying the intense and hot kisses Taekyeon giving her. She’s brushing off his hair from the back of his neck making him more passionate. But, what he doesn’t know, it was on purpose.

The lady was acting like she’s into that moment but the truth was, she’s removing his hair off the back of his neck so that, his tattoo would be visible. Visible for the another beautiful lady who was just standing few steps behind him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hannah’s really a ” the lady standing few steps away from the bartender’s place said. She was grinning while talking on her phone.

“Jenny.” She knew her friend on the other line was shutting her faulty mouth but she just laugh it off. “Get the code and get back here quickly”

“Okay. Okay. Relax Eunice. Hannah has to do her part first before I could get it.”

Hannah who’s busy flirting at the guy in the bar saw her and knew what she gonna do. As the guy she’s with planting hot kisses on her neck and shoulders, she’s brushing off his hair from the back of his neck so her friend Jenny could see his tattoo.

“Saw it” Jenny said as she memorizes the script tattoo written.

Moriar pro Libitina.

She frowns then nods at Hannah, telling her she got the code. “Moriar pro Libitina?” she said as she walks away and enters the fire exit door.

“It’s in Latin meaning I’ll die for Libitina.” Eunice said on the other line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she saw her friend Jenny got what they came for, Hannah suddenly felt the sensation she’s very afraid of. Her body started to heat up making Taekyeon think she really feels ually ready for him.

“Let’s go somewhere else.” He whispered in her ear. Hannah didn’t responds and just remains attached on him. Her nails are stabbing on his back sending a different reaction on the guy. “Oooh! I’ll take that as a Yes.” He carries Hannah and brought her somewhere without seeing what’s really happening on the lady he’s carrying. Hannah’s eyes started turning bright red.

“Ple…please. Not now.” She’s humming as her breathing gets harder and harder. “My… my… craving… is… starting.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the two vanished from the bar, another beautiful lady sat on the stool that Hannah seated on.

“What’s yours miss?” the bartender asks the lady.

“Bloody Mary.” the lady said without any reaction. The bartender started making her drink while stealing glances at her. She’s blond, have big eyes, and very calm.

After few minutes, the bartender serves her her drink. “Here you go miss.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re new here.” the bartender said leaning a bit on the counter.

“Yeah.” The lady said. But, the bartender noticed something from her. From the moment she sat on her seat. Her eyes have been roaming around the loud place as if looking for someone.

“Looking for someone” as the bartender asks, he saw the lady smiled while looking at a certain spot from the crowd. He traced where the lady was looking at and when he saw where it is, he got curious. The lady was looking where the DJ was but that time he’s not alone. He saw a beautiful lady with a long, curly, and black hair standing beside the confuse DJ.

“Who the hell?” the bartender got a bit annoyed coz, customers is not allowed to be in the DJ’s spot. He was about to gone outside the counter but he suddenly got frozen on his spot. The blonde lady, out of the blue changes her calm expression into a dark and scary glares at him, plus the fact that she’s pointing out a gun on his face. “Woah!” he said as he raises both of his hands in the air. “That’s a very dangerous thing missy. Why don’t…” he cut off of his words as the lady sharpen her glares and pin her gun on his forehead.

“Watch” as the blonde lady said that, the lady beside the DJ climb up on the DJ’s machine making the guy mad but she didn’t care. The loud music stops and the crowd’s attention were now on her. She smirks as she looks at their faces. She roam her eyes and smiled as she saw at the bar her blonde friend. She waves at her like a little kid making the crowd look at the bar. They got terrified upon seeing the bartender with a gun pointed on his forehead.

“Everyone!” the curly hair lady shouted getting the crowd’s attention. “She’s a friend of mine.” She said happily sending shiver on the crowd.

“Hey miss. This is not funny. Why don’t you two get out of our place.” The DJ said making the curly lady frown. She slowly tilted her head to face him. The DJ got scared as he looks at her furious face. “I… I… a…” before he could even finish off his words, the crowd got more scared as they witness how the lady brutally shot him with her pulse rifle that was hidden under her gray coat.

“Let’s get this party started. Shall we?” the curly-haired lady said and with that, the crowd started running towards the door but, it was locked and fire guns started. The curly-haired lady started shooting everyone in the dance floor like a crazy . Loud cries and broken glasses can be heard all over the place.

As this happens, the blonde lady shot the bartender before he could even run. She sat comfortably at the stool and sips the drink she ordered a while ago. Not bothered by the horrible sound and scene behind her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the bar, there are two ladies standing behind the entrance doors. On their feet are two bouncers lying and dead.

“! I forgot my lighter” said by the lady who have a long, black hair.

“Here. I have mine” the lady with a short, black hair said and helps the other lady light up her cigarette.

“I hope Maggie finish this up quickly. I wanna go home already.” The short-haired lady said as she yawns making her buddy chuckle.

“Knowing her, and…” both of them turn their heads behind and stares at the closed door “… the loud noise inside. For sure she’s having fun while Phoebe’s drinking and doesn’t care.” She looks back in their front making her buddy mimic her. She blew smokes. “The owner of this place is very stupid to put a business like this in a place where only few people know.”

“Do we have to kill everyone? I mean… they are not involved in our problem” the short-haired added.

“Have you forgotten Daisy?” the long-haired lady said making Daisy look at her “Marian says, everyone in this world are connected. If you’re friends with her enemies, you’ll be her enemy.”

“But Samantha…”

“Let’s just do what she said Daisy. That’s the only thing we could do.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Tao! Where the hell are you? We were going to this hidden club, are you coming or we have to drag you? AHAHAHAHA” as usual, it’s Chanyeol hyung’s voice that I heard at my voice mail upon arriving late at home from my part time job.

Since I’m alone and unlike my friends, I don’t have parents to support me and although my brother sent some cash for me, it’s still not enough so after class, I attend my part time job at a café.

I throw my bag in the center table and lay at my comfy sofa. It’s really nice to be at home but, it would be nicer if my gege was here. It’s been a long time since he left to work. Even though he’s sending me emails to ask how am I, he still doesn’t tell me what kind of work he has found and where. I tried to tell him that I’ll visit him yet he insisted that I should stay at my place and he’ll be the one to visit me instead. But, until now, he hasn’t done that.

 Hmm… come to think of it, it’s been a while since I party with my friends. Maybe I should come to them to feel less empty here.

I grab my phone from my jean’s pocket and dialed Baekhyun’s number. After few rings…

“He…” My forehead narrows upon hearing the background noise. “Hyung? Where are you?” the sound was so weird. I could hear cries and… gun shots?

“Ta… Tao… help… us…” my heart suddenly felt bothered and scared upon hearing my hyung’s not normal voice. He sounds like he’s whispering, shaking, and weak.

I stood up from my spot nervous on his voice “Hyung! Where are you? What happen? Tell me. I’m coming to get you now.” I grab my car key from the table with my phone still attached in my ear. I run outside my house as I listen to my hyung.

“We… we’re here… at… the… club…”

“What club? Where?” I said as I arrived in the garage. My hand was shaking as I try to open my car.

“Here… at..”

As I finally open my car’s door I paused as hyung’s voice has been gone. “Hello? Hyung? HELLO! HYUNG!!” I shouted in fear that something might happen to Baekhyun. As I slowly look at my phone’s screen, it’s been cut-off. ! Hyung!