Let's Cuddle

Let's Cuddle

 

The night was cold, light snow was falling down from the sky as people walked the streets of Seoul. It was a crowded Friday night, many people shopping for presents for their loved ones. Christmas lights were placed up prettily across buildings which reflected nicely against the ice cold snow.

The bakery was busy, many people coming in for coffee or hot chocolate. Eating their favourite cakes or muffins, conversations going off here and there has finally all cleared as it was closing time.

Hyukjae quickly changed into his clothes and waved goodbye to his mother and colleagues as he stormed out the door quickly so he didn’t miss the bus.

Hyukjae’s mother owns a bakery Tous les Jours and he works there three times a week, full-time, to earn a bit of money and save up for a trip to France with his boyfriend Donghae.

Donghae was a freelance photographer and runs his business at home, he would take photo-shoots here and there mainly from recent callers and what not.

He was standing at the bus stop waiting for the next bus to arrive, jumping on the spot to warm his body up from the cold that surrounded him, wrapped in his thick black jacket, his knitted woollen scarf and leopard hat. His milky skin was as cold as ice, each breathe he took was like he was breathing out frost between his lips. He was holding a cute blue box closed to his body, wrapped in a red ribbon, looking down smiling at it.

“I hope he likes it” Hyukjae smiled.

The man took out his phone from his jacket pocket to check the time. It was 10:15pm and still no bus arrived. Around Christmas season public transport would usually be running 24 hours on Fridays and weekends.

“Aish, where is this bus coming from” he whispered underneath his scarf while jumping on the stop trying to battle the cold.

Then 5 Minutes later, the bus arrives and he takes a step on and found himself a seat against the window. The window is all frost and the snow was still lightly falling outside as Hyukjae leant his head against the bus window. He looked out the window watching as the snow fell and hit the ground gently, clutching the present tightly with his hands.

As time flew by it was finally the last stop to get off, Hyukjae stepped out of the bus and shivered at the sudden change in temperature.  

“Ah finally” Hyukjae thought and walked his way over to the apartment building. Hyukjae power-walked to the building, the cold was unbearable. Once he arrived at the building, loving the warmth from inside the building, he rapidly pressed the elevator up button to make it to the apartment faster.

 

Ding. The elevator doors opened and Hyukjae stormed through, pressing the desired floor his boyfriend lives on. Hyukjae puffed out his cheeks, feeling slightly nervous; he couldn’t wait to be able to spend a whole weekend with him.

The elevator finally made it to the floor, the doors opened and Hyukjae stepped out. Hyukjae knew where Donghaes apartment was off by heart, when Hyukjae first laid eyes him in college he fell in love with him at first sight, and then when he finally got the chance to talk to him, he would always try and find a way to visit him or sleep over; just to get to know him. But after months of getting to know each other, they became really close and inseparable and would do everything together. Then that day came when they both confessed.

-Flashback-


Hyukjae grabbed the camera out of Donghaes hands and ran away with it. Donghae chased him around the apartment to try and get the camera off him.

“Hyukjae! Give me the camera!” Donghae said while chasing after him, nearly slipping over a piece of clothing left on the floor.

“Nope! You come and get it!” Hyukjae said giggling while running around, and then jumped on the couch, until a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist and he fell forward onto the couch, camera still in his hand.

“Got you!” Donghae smiled as he slowly reached out for the camera in his hands.

“Ouch! You’re heavy Donghae, did you know that?” Hyukjae panted as he struggled to turn his body around, now facing him.

Hyukjae blushed and his body froze at the closeness of their bodies. Faces only inches apart caused Hyukjaes heart to beat rapidly in his chest. Donghae leaned closer, his hands slowly roaming down Hyukjaes arm to his hand that was still holding the camera and slowly took it out of his hand. Their eyes never left each other. Hyukjae closed his eyes expecting a kiss from Donghae.

“Hyukjae…” Donghae whispered as he stared at every feature on his face.

“Mhm…” Hyukjae grumbled, his eyes still closed, slowly shuttering one eye open taking a peek, noticing Donghae intensely staring at him.

“Donghae…are you okay?” Hyukjae sounded confused as he pouted his lips.

“You’re exceptionally beautiful” Donghae whispered tracing his finger down his face, resulting in Hyukjae to blush and tremble.

Hyukjaes eyes closed as Donghae placed his hand on his neck, lifting his head up slowly, as he leaned down planting soft butterfly kisses on his neck up towards his jawline, cheeks then the corner of his lips. Donghae brushed his lips against his then captured them into a soft and warm sweet kiss. Hyukjae circled his arms around him making the kiss deeper. Donghae pulled back gently and parted from the kiss.

“Donghae… I-I love y-you” Hyukjae said in low tone against his lips, his hands Donghaes face.

“I…love you too Hyukjae…all this time, waiting for the perfect moment” Donghae whispered.

“Me too…” Hyukjae replied and leaned forward capturing his lips once again.


-End of Flashback-


 

Hyukjae knocked on the door repeatedly then stood there waiting for him to answer. He heard the door knob turning slowly revealing Donghaes cute face, smiling happily, peeking through the door.

“Hello, aren’t you going to let me come in?” Hyukjae flashed his gummy smile, and then pinched Donghaes cheeks.

“Hello there, ahh.. O-one second let me get dressed, I just got out of the shower” Donghae stuttered sounding like a child.

“I’ve seen you Hae, I don’t care…” Hyukjae said starting to sound impatient.

“Oh yeah, o-okay wait” Donghae closes the door and unlocks the chain on the door then opens it to let him in.

Hyukjae walked inside and locked the door behind him placing the present under the Christmas tree and lazily placed his bag on the couch, he stood there scanning the room filled with beautiful photographs hung and pegged on a string across the living room. Donghae wrapped his arms behind him around his torso and leaned his head his shoulder.

“Beautiful aren’t they?” Donghae asked and placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Yes…wow…they came out pretty, you’re really an amazing photographer” Hyukjae replied and smiled.

“Aw, thanks baby, these photos are for you” Donghae smiled, nuzzling his nose against his cheek.

“Eh, for me, are you serious?” Hyukjae yelled happily and turned around to face him, with his eyes open wide.

“Yes, only if you move in with me…” Donghae said shakiness in his voice.

“Oh my god! I move in….You and I living together.... Here in this apartment...” Hyukjae shouted with a smile on his face jumping around then squished Donghae tightly earning a laugh from him.

“So, is it a yes?” Donghae said shyly scratching the back of his head.

“Yes! I can’t believe it! I’m so happy, I’ve always pictured us living together and having a future together, I love you so much.” Hyukjae beamed and kissed Donghaes head repeatedly.

“Yay! Every day I think about it, I love you too baby” Donghae giggled and picked Hyukjae up then swirled him around.  

“Have you showered yet?” Donghae questioned, feeling a little dizzy from the spinning.

“No not yet.” Hyukjae pouted and walked over to his bag on the couch.

“Okay, go and wash up, I’ll make some hot chocolate then we can watch some TV” Donghae ordered and made his way over to the kitchen.

Hyukjae nodded, grabbed his pyjamas and walked over to the bathroom to shower.

-2 hours later-

Hyukjae had fallen asleep in Donghaes arms while watching TV.

“You must’ve been tired; my poor baby works too much…” Donghae kissed his head which caused Hyukjae to move a little in his sleep, placing his head on Donghaes chest.

“You look so peaceful when you are sleeping; I wonder what you’re dreaming about…” Donghae caressed his cheek then picked him up bridal style to the bedroom.

Donghae placed him slowly on to the bed, opened the bed sheets and tucked him. Then made his way over to the other side and slid under the sheets. He scooted close to Hyukjae and pulled him to his embrace and closed his eyes and slept peacefully.