Chapter 1

The Fallen

3 months earlier.

 

"I hope you'll find this room to your liking, Mr. Kim. If you need anything, press the service button by the door and I'll be here in a moment's time."

 

"Thank you," the brunette haired young man replied with a distracted tone while checking the room out. It was a fairly nice, yet barren living space; white walls, hardwood flooring, and a simple four-poster bed. Then again, considering where he was at the moment, he didn't really expect much more than this.

 

The building he was currently residing in was quite well groomed; the brick of the four-level six century old structure had been painted a fresh cherry scarlet, the shrubbery and grasses of the surrounding lawn had been trimed neatly, and the fallen blossoms from the light cherry trees around the perimeter of the land had been picked up and discarded to the appropriate sites.

 

On the outside it was a haven, a place people seeking tranquility and peace in their every day lives would think to go. However, on the inside of those pearly white gates, there were two things that exposed the truth about the place:

 

1. There were armed guards patrolling inside and outside the building.

2. There was a sign on the front of the building reading Blackthorn Asylum.

 

Setting his single luggage case on the white-sheeted bed, he undid he clasps and removed the top to expose a series of different items; a now empy photo frame sat at the top of a pile of clothes, as well as a loaded black Desert Eagle .44 calier magnum pistol and a sealed package of ammo. The weapon he had been advised to buy due to the high death risks at the institute because of unstable patients, and after hearing a few short horror stories coming from the history of the place, he hadn't hesitated to go out to the nearest gun retailer.

 

Shaking off the strange sensation of being watched while he unpacked, the young man with the dimmed blue eyes turned and made his way down the pale-marbled corridors, the low lighting causing his eyes to cross a bit while concentrating too hard on the path ahead of him, and focused his mind on the Warden's study.

 

Passing by a younger boy with medium-length brunette hair, Myungsoo couldn't help but take a second glance at the beauty of the being. This young man, whoever he was, was more breath taking than any other being he had came across. Was it human nature to be that outstanding? The guest at the institute wasn't too sure, but before his mind could be swarmed by thoughts of the being he had now long gone passed, he pushed open the office door he was standing in front of, ready to greet his new boss.

 

"Kim Myungsoo?" an older man with greying hair asked in curiosity and a hint of excitement, standing from his leather chair to greet the newcomer, and smiled when the younger nodded in acknowledgement, "I'm so happy you're finally here, when they first suggested you to this task I was nervous you may not fit the standards, but now that I've seen you I'm relieved I've been proved otherwise."

 

The other smiled softly and merely nodded to the Warden's praise. He was used to it; used to the doubt, then the awe, and finally the fear over his power. However, he knew it was different with this place. Perhaps because his father was the boss this time.

 

"Why did you call me?" Myungsoo finally asked, breaking the beaming silence between the two while sitting across from his parent.

 

"We have a patient who we fear may have a larger problem than just mental health," the priest said with clouded concern evident in his stance, clasping his hands on the surface of the dark maple desk.

 

"Such as a possession? Couldn't you take care of that yourself?"

 

"No, something bigger than that," the senior sighed and stood from his seat, taking his time to mortally glide over to the window in order to avoid his son's curious gaze, "we have reason to believe that he is a Dark."

 

The one still sitting had been whole heartedly intrigued in what the man was saying, that is up until the mention of the supposedly deceased specie name.

 

"Dad, come on, really? The Darks were wiped out a century ago due to heir own stupidity, why would there still be one left?" Myungsoo rolled his eyes while speaking, his attitude getting the best of him, but after a moment's tension quickly checked himself before he could wreck himself toobad once he received his father's signature 'don't push it' death stare.

 

"There's a lot more to your world than you know, son," the priest stated with a hard look, causing Myungsoo to flinch away at the mention of it being his world, not a place they both shared. Obviously his father had claimed them being of two different universes, "I still don't understand why you continue to deny your heritage."

 

"I learned from the best."

 

The older's eyes dimmed with anger and he slowly advanced toward his son's chair.

 

"Listen, boy, it wasn't my choice to keep you, it was your mother's. The moment you landed on our doorstep she fell in love with you; as for me, I wanted to get rid of you as soon as I saw that hideous mark on your body."

 

Myungsoo trembled visibly in his seat, his back pressed up against the velvet covered cushion while pressing a hand against his side unconsciously.

 

"I-I'm sorry," the boy whispered, unknown tears entering his orbs, and the man felt his heart break at the sight, yet he turned away before his facade could be shattered.

 

"Leave my office. I'll have a nurse retrieve you later so you can meet your personal patient," the man muttered in distaste, turning his back on the boy, and the younger nodded silently and exited the room with a kick puppy sort of expression.

 

The last thing the elder heard from his son before breaking down in a nervous wreck was the door clicking quietly, the gloomy atmosphere intesnfiying as soon as he fell to his knees, unaware of the tears already streaming down his cheeks while he mentally went over what had previously occurred in his office.

 

I'm sorry, Myungsoo, son, I'm sorry... We're just not the same beings that you thought we were...

 

A/N: Yay, first chapter is up! *does a dance* What does everyone think? I know, it's moving a bit too slow, but I don't want to rush it like I did in The Chaser. You've met Myungsoo and his father now. Who will we meet next? I don't know :D But it'll be fun, I promise you that. I think there might be some couple fanservice going on in the next chapter, so look forward to that.. And let me know what you think :) Thank you for reading ^^