Prologue

The Fallen

Some people on this planet say opportunities like this were only once in a life time, and maybe that was true for them, but the young man who was seated on the porch step of his now ex-boyfriend's house felt otherwise about this situation. In his relationship with his ex, he had to admit, he didn't contribute very well. He wasn't affectionate, but he still expressed his love. He wasn't cheesy with his acts, but he still confessed those three words.

 

So when had his feelings changed for his ex? When was he given this priceless opportunity by his 'no homouality' hard-headed priest of a father? He knew the story wasn't pretty. Every time he thoght about his past descisions, guilt would gnaw at his spirit and seep into his bones.

 

Now looking at the red rose in his numb hand, he decided his fate. He knew what he wanted, and that person which he desired with his whole heart wasn't where he was now.

 

Standing with determination, he dropped the rose as he began his long sprint toward the soon-to-be closing building. He knew now who he was supposed to be with, who he yearned for whenever they were not in his arms, and that person who belonged beside him was now in danger of being erased from the world forever.

 

But not if he can help it.

 

Faster and faster he ran, sweat beginning to prick at his flesh and stick to his white v-neck, his hair becoming only slightly messed with the billowing wind carressing his quick-moving body, the gates of the institution coming into view with each stride.

 

Wait for me... Please wait for me...

 

A/N: Alright, so this is the prologue to The Fallen. I know I said I wouldn't start this until The Chaser was completed, but I've had so many different versions of how I would start this floating around in my head that I had to just get it down on paper and publish it here. So hopefully you guys aren't too angry by my decision. I'll post up the first chapter a few hours (or days) after this, so wait for that as well. I have high hopes for this :) The plot has changed a little bit in my head, but I promise it won't affect the description I had posted. So go ahead and let me know what you guys think, whether you guys are excited, and what you think might happen in the next chapter. I love reading you're comments, and I love you guys <3 :)