↷ chapter one ; the kang siblings.

↷ battle of the bands ; in progress.
large.jpg   large.png   large.jpg
 
In a coffee shop somewhere in Seoul, South Korea, there’s a girl who, everyday at 5pm in the evening, always stops by and claims a small table in a secluded back corner while she waits for her usual order of a caramel latte.

From that time on until around 7pm, she stays there with a laptop propped in front of her face along with a worn-out notebook that rests off to the side. During this time, it’s quite common to find this girl glancing between the screen of her computer to the papers in her notebook all while she hums a tune unfamiliar to all but her and that just so happens to also be a different one each time.

When you see this girl, it’s clear that her expression is that of one where you shouldn’t even think about interrupting her. Yet, there’s one person who doesn’t care about that at all.

“Jihye, Jihye,” someone calls out as they burst through the double doors of the café and head straight towards the secluded back corner. Upon coming to a halt in front of the only occupied table in that area, the newly arrived person notices that the girl sitting in front of them has yet to look up and acknowledge their presence.

Feeling a bit frustrated (but only a bit because realistically, they could never feel too frustrated or mad at her) due the lack of immediate attention, the person resorts to giving a light whack to the head of the unsuspecting female before calling out again, “HEY, JIHYE!”

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” the recently abused girl screams out, snapping her head up quickly and sending a glare towards the person in front of her. Once the girl known as Jihye sees who is standing in front of her, however, her glare softens. “Can’t you see I’m busy right now?”

The other person smiles softly in return and bends down to be at eye level with the girl. “I’m sorry about that, Ji, but I needed your attention.”

Jihye lets out a sigh and looks at him with a calmer expression. “Min, I know you’re my brother and everything but did you really have to hit me? What if someone saw? I wouldn’t want others to have the wrong impression, you know? Especially because of your image.”

Her brother chuckles and pulls out a nearby chair before setting it across from Jihye’s and sitting down in it. “You don’t have to worry about me so much, y'know. You’re only a few months older than me.”

“A few months is still more than nothing, stupid!” she retorts, letting out another sigh at her brother’s typical response. “No one knows we’re related, right? What if someone sees you, the Kang Minhyuk, dummer of CNBLUE, and thinks you hit a girl in a secluded corner of a quiet cafe? Are you that irresponsible that you aren’t worried about stuff like that?!”

Jihye finds her voice rising as she continues to rant not just about her brother but everything else that was going on recently. Minhyuk knowing this and Jihye all too well, just nods along with her words, letting her do as she pleased until she was done.

He knew better than to interrupt Jihye if she was on a tirade of some sort and he figured this was his punishment for interrupting her while he knew she was writing new music. When he notices her slowing down and her voice falling back to a normal pitch, he smiles sweetly at her although it's a bit patronizing in Jihye's eyes. “Do you feel better now?”

Rolling her eyes, Jihye nods. “Much better.” She reachs out a hand then to ruffle her brother’s hair before grinning. “Thanks, lil’ bro! You always know how to make me feel better.” In return, he smiles back at her before remembering what his original intentions for coming to the out-of-the-way cafe were.

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot why I came to find you!” Minhyuk exclaims. “We’re having another concert here in Seoul in a few days. Do you think you can come this time?”

Jihye stares at him with an unreadable expression. Truthfully she wanted to go because she liked CNBLUE’s music and she wanted to support her brother but she always somehow unintentionally ended up being busy on the days they had shows. Coupled with the lingering feeling of Jihye not wanting to interact with her brother too much to avoid suspicion, she took the convenient opportunities to not feel too guilty about not going.

This time however, she knows she won't have any plans and she doesn't have enough time to try and find something to use as an excuse, either. Sighing inwardly, Jihye offers him a weak smile and gives in. “Sure, I’ll see if I can make it.”

Beaming widely, Minhyuk jumps out of his seat. “Really, Ji? You’ll go?!” he asks, excitement visible on his features. Jihye gives a weak nod and Minhyuk grins ever brighter. After all, this will be the first time his older sister finally sees him perform live! He never knew why his sister never went to his other shows aside from being busy so he's beyond ecstatic that she's coming. 

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!” he cheers, giving her a hug and letting out his natural cuteness that made Jihye's insides squirm. She never could turn down her little baby brother, even if she rejected all his other invites to their shows.

“Hey, hold on!” Jihye interrupts suddenly, causing Minhyuk to stop jumping around. He lookes at her curiously, urging her to continue. “I’ll only go on one condition,” she starts.
 
Her brother tilts his head but gestures that he's listening, anyways. Truthfully, he’d probably agree to anything as long as she’d say she’d go.
 
“If I go, you have to promise not to acknowledge me in any form and don’t try to call me backstage, either. I’ll show up at the concert, watch you, and then leave. Okay?”

When he pauses to think over the proposition, he figures that as long as Jihye actually goes then anything would be fine. “Okay, deal, Ji!”

“Great,” Jihye beams in return as she holds out her pinky finger. “Shake to swear?”
 
Minhyuk sticks out his own pinky in response and locks his finger with hers before giving it two good shakes. As the two finish wrapping up their deal, Minhyuk feels his phone vibrate. Taking it out to look at the new message, his eyes widen as he reads over the text.

“Crap," he slips out as he abruptly stands up in his seat. "I forgot I was on a break from practice to come see you so I’m already late!”

Jihye's mouth drops open. “YAH, KANG MINHY—“

“I’ll see you then, Ji!” He rushes out, cutting her off as he speeds out of the café. “I’ll mail you the tickets!”

Without even giving her a time to yell at him for being irresponsible again, Kang Jihye’s brother is already gone.
 
 

 
 

cassidy speaks

Hello, hi! Here is the first teaser featuring my character, Kang Jihye and her oh-so-lovely little brother, Minhyuk! I actually have another teaser already written (since, when I first wrote this, my internet was out for four days and so i typed this from the library) but i'm debating if I want to use that as a teaser or an actual chapter, so we shall see!

Please enjoy this for now, leave some comments with what you think, and keep apply! I've gotten twelve apps already, which I'm super surprised about and i'll be sure to review them sometime this week, so please wait for me! ^^

( EDIT ON 05/14/14 ) ::  I've just edited a few parts of this chapter and fixed a few errors and typos that I seemed to have missed the first time. If anyone reads this again after reading it when it was first posted, you may notice that the tense has changed from past to present because I noticed it was inconsistent and I currently want to try writing in present tense. As such, I'll be editing the other chapters accordingly to match so if anyone spots any errors, please let me know!