↷ chapter four ; are you ready?

↷ battle of the bands ; in progress.
large.jpg   large.png   large.jpg
 
“Hello!” a cheerful voice greets as a couple enter a fairly popular noodle shop named Lee’s Specialty Ramen Shop. “Feel free to sit anywhere you like,” the greeter tells them, smiling brightly as the duo nod in understanding before picking a table to take refuge at.

Seeing the new customers sit down, the bright girl walks to the back of the restaurant, picks up two menus and heads back to the couple, hading them each one. “When you’re ready to order, just call for me, okay? I’m Seul.”

When they nod again, the auburn-haired waitress makes her way around the shop, checking up on other customers to make sure they were satisfied and enjoying their meal. After confirming that everyone was doing good, the couple from before raise a hand to say that they're ready to order so Seoul goes back to them right away, a notepad and pen in hand.
 
"What can I get for you two?" She writes their orders down and gives them a smile, telling them that their food would be ready soon before taking the menus back and leaving the table to relay the order to the kitchen.

“Order in,” Seul calls out, passing the paper with the order on it to her mother through the window that separated the main dining room from the kitchen.
 
Her mother gratefully accepts it and hangs it up on the piece of string hanging above the window along with the rest of the orders they still had to do. “Thanks, honey!"
 
Once she sees her mother grabbing the ingredients for the order, Seul' turns around, ready to walk away when she's called back. “What is it?” the younger Lee asks, giving the other a curious look.

“I need you to put up some posters," she replies, attention focusedon the food as she elaborates. "They’re sitting by the cash so could you grab them and put them up? There are two, one for some sort of auditions and one is a hiring ad."

“Oh, okay,” Seul says, spinning on her heels as she goes to get the fliers. Once she picks them up them, she takes a glance at them. True to her mother's words, one is a hiring ad for the shop and the other is an ad for some band auditions.

The first one isn’t of any interest to the eighteen year old since her parents had told her last week that they were planning on looking for more help. The noodle shop was booming with business, much like the original shop her parents had owned back in her hometown of Damyang in Jeollanam-do, so it was no surprise that the Lee’s needed extra staff.

Seul couldn't say the same about the second poster, however, because, well, who wouldn’t be interested in joining a band?

'It would be cool to be part of one,' she muses to herself as she looks over the flier, looking for more information on the audition. It’s not like it would be a full time thing anyways, Seul thinks to herself as she tries to decide whether she should audition or not.

Yes, she had an interest and passion for music and she could play the drums fairly well, thanks to her beatboxing skills giving her a sense of rhythm and general understanding of ‘laying down a beat’ as her dad had once joked about before but the teenager wasn't sure if she wanted be a musician forever.

Shrugging and mumbling to herself, “whatever, I’ll figure it out when the time comes," she makes a mental note of the date, time, and location of the auditions and continues to put up the posters she was tasked with doing.
 
 
 
 
large.jpg   large.png   large.jpg
 
“Is this really going to work?” Sujeong inquires offhandedly as she helps bring in a table. “It’s not like I’m skeptical or hesitant about this entire thing but do you think anyone will even show up?”

“I don’t know,” is all Jihye can reply with because she herself truly had no idea. Normally she was a strong girl, confident in many and very sure of most things but she still had some lingering doubts from time to time.

Letting the silence settle around them, the two best friends continue setting up the table they had borrowed from Sujeong’s aunt and place two chairs behind it.

Currently, the two are situated in one of the rooms in the studio Jihye frequens often and sometimes works at. They had borrowed it for the auditions and were in the middle of preparing the room to be ready in the next hour.
 
A drumset already stood in the middle of the room, a keyboard set off to the side of it, and a rack of guitars and basses to the other side in case any auditionees didn’t bring their own instrument. The table they brought in was positioned in front of all the instruments so when they sat down, they would be facing the auditionees.

Sujeong then proceeds to set up a video recorder and a tripod stand behind the table so the duo could record all the auditions to play back and asess later in case they missed anything. After everything was in their rightful place, she tests the camera to make sure it is working and Jihye double checks that they have the empty forms they had created the night before

“Looks like we’ll be as ready as we’ll ever be, doesn’t it?” Jihye asks her best friend, eyes raking over the intertior as she inspects the room.

Sujeong nodss, giving the other a comforting smile. “Everything will be fine,” she tells her.

“Yeah, yeah, I know it will be. It’s us, after all,” the older replies, a knowing grin apparent on her face.

“Then let’s get this started!” the light brunette exclaims, drawing out laughter from them both and a hi five to officially kick the auditions off.
 
 

 
 

cassidy speaks

Ahhhhh, okay so these teaser things were really short, please forgive me. TT_TT I just needed to get these done with so I could "officially" start the story and yes, chapters will be longer (hopefully)! In fact, chapter five is already over 2k words (and not broken up into mini stories like I've done so far) so there you go LOL. After I realized that the character introduction for Lee Seul was short, I put together that stupid preview thing of the auditions because I felt weird if I just put the intro by itself in this chapter.

Anyways, I realized recently that the creator of Lee Seul has apparently left AFF a couple months ago or something, and just tonight I found that apparently the creator of Kwon Sujeong has deactivated? I've never had to deal with this before so I contemplated with the idea of replacing them but... I really liked their characters and same goes for the other ones I've picked, which is why I haven't replaced any of the characters, even the ones with creators who haven't commented a lot. I'm basically going against my own rules but oh well. I'm sticking by this judgement because I think these characters will be fun to write with.

So since I can't access the app for Sujeong anymore, everyone from here on out will be made up by me! Also, even though she's not around anymore, congratulations to aff user porcelain for creating Lee Seul! It's a shame she isn't here to read her character come to life but alas, it's probably my fault for taking so long in getting this story and updating it. I really do like this fic though and I'm gonna continue writing it until I finish it! Please continue to stick with me through my unpredictable updates and I hope you all enjoy the story~

This chapter marks the final character chosen so to those who I didn't pick, I apologize for that because I really liked a lot of the apps I received and my decision making process was painful. I will try to include the unchosen applicants as cameos or something in the actual story (maybe another rival band? IDK yet) so do consider sticking around!

OKAY I've talked way to much now... OTL I'll leave it as this but expect the official start of the story to be up soon, hopefully sometime this week! Thank you♥
 
( EDIT ON 05/21/14 ) :: Please read chapter one to see what I've been up to regarding this fic!