Zelo

Monster: Behind the Signs

HEADS UP!

This This and This means it's the Zelo's Taeyeon's and DongWoon's in the present  thoughts

this AND  this means it's the Zelo from the past thinking/speaking 


 


[Zelo POV]

"Kamshabnida." I hung my head low and felt tears start to rush down my cheek. I finally broke, I felt so overwhelmed with all the painful memories that flushed through my brain. "M-Mianhe." I managed to stutter through my tears. I grabbed the end of my sleeve and wiped the teared away.

"Ne don't be sorry, it's okay. It's understandable that you're feeling this way. Just know you're not alone." I looked over to DongWoon again and this time he looked back at me. When I looked at him I felt the same feeling I get when I'm with Yong Guk, protected. Not only that but I felt like he was being a brother to me.

"Komawo."

"Aish what happened to mister tought guy?" He commeneted turning his head away acting frustrated.

"Hehe mian." I laughed wiping away the last tears.

"Aish....You got anymore of those lollipops?"

"Hm? Oh yeah yeah." I reached into my pocket and pulled out cherry lollipop. "Want it? I'm not that big of a fan of this falvor." I handed him the lollipop and he took it from my hands. I saw him unwrap the candy in less than a second.

"Say Ah."

"Wha-" He shoved the lollipop in my mouth without waring. "Umph." I grunted almost falling back onto TaeYeon.

"Yah DongWoon!" TaeYeon screamed in my ear. "What the hell was that?!" I pulled the lollipop out of my mouth and gained my balance.

"Can you not scream in my ear please?"

"Omo. Mianhe." Taeyeon laughed shyly covering in embarassed manor.

"It's alright. On the other hand!" I turned over to DongWoon feeling irritated. "YAH WHAT'S YOUR DEAL?! YOU PRACTICALLY CHOKED ME THERE. I DON'T EVEN LIKE THIS FLAVOR. AT LEAST CHOKE ME WITH MY FAVORITE FLAVOR DAMMNIT!" I threw the lollipop mto the ground making it shatter into sticky pieces.

"Are you serious? I practically choke you and you're more pist because it wasn't your favorite flavor?"

"You don't understand how bad that falvor taste to me."

"Aish you're unbelievable."

"You're one to talk." I scoffed.

"Pft I'm more normal compared to you." He stuck out his tongue at me.

"Oh really now? Yo-" My sentence was cut off by a slap I felt in the back of my head. DongWoon started to laugh at me but then got silenced by a harder slap to the back of the head.

"YAH BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP! Aish you're BOTH unbelievable, what am I to do?" TaeYeon shook her head and facepalmed herself. There was a moment of silence where we were all standing still, DongWoon and I looking at each other then at Taeyeon. When we looked at each other one more time we both started to laugh. We started to laugh so hard that we both had to sit down on the floor, I don't know what exactly we were laughing at. The fact that I actually got mad over being choked by teh flavor I hate, or the fact we just had a full blown arguement about the situation, or perhaps how TaeYeon just smacked us for our foolishness.

"Y-yah what are youguys laughing at?" TaeYeon looked at us with wide us wondering what was going on. As she looked at us laughing it seems it got to her to because she herself started to form a big smile on her face. "You guys-" she was trying to stay calm and have a straight face but she was losing her cool and she broke. She started to laugh along with us. I have never had a moment like this before, I felt so much joy in this moment and it made me feel so much better.

"Ah~ We're a mess aren't we?" DongWoon got up from his spot dusting off his pants from the dirt that got on them. "Come on." He walked over to me and stretched his hand out to me.

"Komawo." I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up.

Even though this is such a small moment. I don't think I'm going to forget it



[ 7 years ago December 18th...]

"Halmeoni I'm going to visit Eomma now."

"Alright be careful JunHong,"

"De I will~"

"Wait wait JunHong before you go."

"What is it halmeoni?"

"Take these flowers and here have this lunch box. It has some yummy sandwhiches for you and your Eomma to eat."

"Wah~ Komawo halmeoni but...."

"But what?"

"Does...does mine have cherry tomatoes?"

"Why of course it does! I even stored a special container filled with my sweetest tomatoes for my sweetest boy."

"Wah~ KOMAWO HALMEONI"

"Alright then gaja gaja your Eomma is waiting."

"De~ Saranghe halmeoni~"

"Ne Saranghe JunHong."

I was about 8 like you two. I was heading out of my house to go visit my mother who was at the hospital,  she was very ill at the time but she was pulling through and the doctors said that should could even leave the hospital week after that one.

Why was she so ill?

She overworked herself so much, she was dehydrated, malnurished and had some kind of infection in her kidneys, heh there was even a close call when she had tumor in her brain but she fought and went through the surgery. She was always a tough woman.

"Oh I should call Eomma first to let her know I'm on my way." I was walking down the street when I stopped by my favorite candy shop, Matoki Sweets. I walked through the doors to hear the usual and familiar ringing of the store bell. 

"Ah JunHong, nice to see you like always" I was greeted by the shop owner Kang Ho Dong. "What can I do for my favorite customer?" He leaned over as I walked towards the tall counter. 

"Ne ajeossi can I ask for a favor?" 

"Anything for my JunHong." He ruffled my hair like he always did. Most people would probably think I'm being rude or offensive by calling him ajeossi but that's what he was to me. He always looked after me since I was a baby, according to my eomma he was there for her since she was a teen, eomma wasn't a very good kid and she told me that her appa was mean to her eomma so she fought for her eomma and got kicked out by her appa. My halbeoji doesn't sound like a nice guy. But my halbeoji I have now is so nice, he tells me stories and always plays with me even when he looks tired. I love my halmeoni and halbeoji.

Heh my mom was always a fighter and I will never stop saying that, she defended her mother who was being constantly abused by her father. But one day things got too intense. While her father was beating on her mother he brought out his brass knuckles

What are those?

It's a weapon you slip on your knuckles, it's made out of steal and brass. It can cause quite some damage it can kill.

What's it look like?

Like this.

Wah! Zelo why do you have one of those?

It's pretty scary in the Signer Cities.....Anyways. He brought out his knuckles and was about to practically kill her
. So my eomma got in the way and got beated almost to death, according to my ajeossi while he was walking home from the store he saw her laying on the ground all beaten up. He took her in and she lived a better life, she met my dad years later and had me.

"So what is it JunHong?"

"Oh ne ajeossi can I call eomma?"

"Of course! Come over here." He walked to the end of the counter and opened the small gate that leads one to be behind the counter. "Gaja on the stool we go." He lifted me up with a grunt and sat me on the tall stool that sat next to the register and computer. Next to the computer was the phone that I would use to call my eomma.

"Komawo ajeossi." I thanked him and when I picked up the phone the usual dinging of the door rang.

"No problem. I'll let you talk to your eomma while I tend to the customer."

"NE!" I looked over at the entrance as I typed in the number to the hospital. It was a boy that looked to be old enough to be my hyung, I know I've seen his face in the store many times before but I never get enough time to say hi to him, either I'm leaving the store when he enters or he's leaving when I'm entering. While the number rang I did a bit of spying on the hyung and ajeossi.

"Oh Yong Guk what can I do for you?"

"Um.....Can I get the fresh cream and chocolate Home Runs?"

"On the way, anything else?"

"Anhi." The hyung seemed a bit down and sad, I looked over at him and saw a bruise on the corner of his mouth. It seemed new and it looked like it hurt a lot.

"H-hyung" I spoke out which got the attention of the hyung but when he looked over I got nervous and turned  my back towards him and just on time I got connected to the hospital. "Oh n-ne I would like to connect with Choi MinSuh....de.....de.....kamsahbnida. Annyeong Eomma." I greeted my mother happily and peeked to my side where the hyung was standing hoping he wasn't looking at me anymore, but he was.

Bwoh he's a scary hyung

"Oh what was that eomma? De.....De....ne Eomma halmeoni packed us a lunch so you don't have to eat that yucky sick people food for today....heh heh de eomma.......de..." I kept talking with my mom and I felt the hyung's stare on me which made me a bit nervous. "De eomma...........Huh? Oh I'm at ajeossi's store. Ne....want to talk to him?.......You Sure?........Ne eomma I'll try to bring at least one but did the doctor say you could have them now?.......Eomma don't lie.....alrigth then. Okay..I will, promise. Alright see you soon eomma SARANGHE~" I hung up the phone and didn't dare move for a good few seconds, I sat on the stool with my hands on my lap forming nervous fists.

"JunHong?" I felt a tap on my shoulder which caused me to jump out of fright. "Gwenchana?"

"Oh de." I looked passed ajeossi and saw the boy giving me a peculiar look with his eyebrow raised and everything. "E-Eomma wanted me to ask you to pack her some sweets."

"Heeeehhh? But didn't the hospital say she couldn't have any for a while?" He put his fists on his hips and raised his brow at me.

"Yeah but she said the doctor is going to let her have something sweet for once. She said at least a Chocopie would be nice."

"Hmm.......fine. But she better be telling the truth, she can't get in trouble for smuggling in candy." He chuckled "Just let me wrap up this customer's things and I'll get yours next alright?"

"Ne." He ruffled my hair and walked towards the hyung again. He was still looking over at me and I still felt nervous. 

"Bwoh looks like there isn't any more fresh cream Home Runs, AH WAIT!" Ajeossi clapped his hands in the air in excitement. "I got some in the back. Give me a few minutes." He walked towards the back room where he stored all his candy and all that leaving me alone behind the counter in front of the hyung. I started to fidget in my seat as I felt his stare on me.

Say something! You've been wanting to haven't you babo?
 

No words came out, instead a nervous cough. "JUST GIVE ME A MINUTE I'M GETTING A FEW OF THEM TO PUT IN THE FRONT" Ajeossi yelled.

"Alright~" We both yelled at the same time. My eyes widened at our moment.

Ya say something now! It's your chance

Still nothing. "Yah what's wrong with you?" The hyung scoffed at me and I could tell by his tone he wasn't too happy.

"N-nothing." I fidgeted in my seat some more.

"Then why are you fidgeting so much?"

"Oh....um...."

"Is it cause of me?"

". . . . . . "

"Aish. Mianhe." He hung his head low and slowly walked over to me. "I'm sorry for making you so anxious."

"Anxious?"

"It's another word for nervous." He chuckled.

"O-oh it's okay. Ne I'm just nervous because I don't know what to say to you, I've been wanting to talk to you for a while but I never get the chance to and now that I can I don't know what to say.


"How about your name?"

"My name?"

"De just tell me your name. That's a start isn't it?"

"Yeah.....I guess so."

"So?"

"So what?"

"What's your name?" He laughed.

"OH RIGHT! I'm JunHong."

So your real name is JunHong?

Choi JunHong

Haha that's like Oppa's name!

Waaah it is, but Hyung has the Hyung part in his name so you HAVE to call him Hyung either way hahaha

How does his name go again?

Yong JunHyung~ (meaning they said it at the same time)

Bwoh that IS like mine


"Yong Guk." He reached his arm over the counter his hand in the shape of a ball.

"You want to punch me?"

"Aaaanhhiii." He whined. "It's a fist bump, you bump your fist against mine. You've never seen this before?"

"No."

YOU'RE KIDDING! You didn't know what a fist bump was?

Yah shut up, I honestly didn't do that kindof stuff with my friends plus we only high fived.

Even I knew what a fist bump was when I was that little.

Yah~ Don't mock me I was little. I was a bit of a bubble baby anyways.

BWOH?! Are you pouting?

N-No!

Awww tough Zelo gone aegyo.
 
Suits him pretty well.

Kyeopta~~

YAH YOU TWO!


"Well now you have, just make your hand into a ball and bump your fist against mine."

"Like this?" I make my hand into a ball and looked at Yong Guk Hyung wondering if I was doing it right.

"Aiish lean over the counter a little. I'm not that tall."

"Okay."

"Like this." He grabbed my wrist and made my hand gently "bump" into his fist. "You'll get the hang of it." He chuckled.

"Ahhh I have the Home Runs right here for you." Ajeossi came out from the back with a box filled with Home Run Balls most likely. "Omo I see you've met my nephew."

"De I have." Yong Guk Hyung smiled at me.

Ajeossi laughed a kind laugh from the heart as a big smile formed on his face. "You guys have something in common you know?" he spoke as he trotted over the the end of the counter.

"What is it?" We both spoke again, but this time I couldn't help but laugh a bit and Yong Guk actually smirked a bit himself.

"You're both my best customers. You two are always in here for your favorite treat, just never at the same time. Now Yong Guk get over here so I could wrap up your things." Ajeossi dropped the big box on counter where he was at with a grunt.

"De." He jogged over to the other side of the counter where ajeossi was. I looked over at the end waiting for ajeossi to finish up Yong Guk's order as I looked over I saw ajeossi whisper something over in Yong Guk's ear as he handed Yong Guk the bag filled with sweets.

"You understand?" I heard ajeossi speak outloud.

"De!" I saw Yong Guk smile so wide that I saw his gums.

"Alright I'll see you then."

"Komawo!" Yong Guk started to walk out the door but a=when he had his hand on the door he turned back. "Yah JunHong."

"Hm?"

"I'll see you around okay?"

"Okay~"

"Heh heh practice that fist bump, if you get good we could even make our own handshake." He chuckled.

"De Hyung. I'll practice, annyeong~"

"Annyeong." He pushed through the clear doors and started to walk to his home.

"Seems like you made a new friend." I felt ajeossi walk up behind me keeping his eyes where Yong Guk had just exited. "I kinda felt that you two would get a long very well, he needs a friend. Especially one like you JunHong" He chuckled and ruffled my hair some more.

"YAH Ajeossi~ If you keep doing that I'm going to look like a lion when I go and see eomma" I whined

"Alright alright. I'll stop" He laughed at my whining. "Here I packed this bag of sweets for you. It has 10 lollipops that will keep you happy for at least a week and a half,"

That explains why you carry lollipops around you.

Hey they calm me down and they taste amazing

"and I packed your eomma two Chocopies so she doesn't complain anymore. Aish that woman, I swear she still hasn't grown." he handed me his signature brown paper bag that had Matoki's Sweets.


"Thanks ajeossi Eomma is going to be so happy." I hopped off the tall stool and made my way to the other side of the counter.

"Alright then off you go. Pali you want to spend as much time with her as you can."

"Ne! Annyeong~" I headed towards the door waving bye to my ajeossi

"Be safe you hear me?"

"I will!" I yelled as I ran through the clear doors towards the hospital. 

Eomma is gonna be so happy with these Chocopies


[At the Hospital]

"Eomma?" I peeked my head through the door of my eomma's room carefully just in case she was by any chance sleeping. 

"Oh JunHong~ There's my baby." I heard her sweet voice ring through my ears and I felt so happy. 

"EOMMA!" I ran to my eomma and jumped onto her bed giving her a tight hug. "Eomma I'm missed you!"

"I've missed you too baby, but we saw each other last night. There isn't a day when your not here." 

"I know I know but I just love you so much and I miss sleeping with eomma."

"Ah~ My JunHong is such a sweet boy, just like those lollipops you are always eating from ajeossi's shop." 

"OH THAT REMINDS ME!" I stuck my hand inside the brown bag filled with sweets trying to find the two Chocopies that ajeossi said he packed inside the bag, as I dug through the sticks of the many lollipops I finally felt the small soft bags of the Chocopies. "Ajeossi packed you...." I looked around for any doctors or nurses that were walking around. I signaled her to move closer to me so I could tell her without any doctors hearing me. I saw her look around just like I was. "2 Chocopies." I whispered eagerly as I put the 2 sweets in her hands. 

"Wah! 2 Chocopies!"

"Yah Eomma!" I covered with both my hands. "Don't say it too loud, I don't want you to get in trouble." I looked around for any nurses that could have heard my loud eomma. "Ah thank goodness no one heard." I let out a long breath feeling better knowin no one heard her. "Eomma you can't be so loud, they might take the candy away from you." I told her with my hands still over but I felt something wet touch my fingers. "GROSS!" I took my hands away from and wiped them on my pants. "EW YOU ME!" I whined and she just laughed and stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Aish my little boy is such a smart one isn't he? And a very caring one as well"

"Hm?"

"You were smart to warn your eomma before she got in trouble. Shows you were looking out for me, ah my baby." She pulled my arm causing me to fall into her chest, I felt her soft arms wrap around me with a loving squeeze. I hugged her as tight as I could feeling that I wasn't going to see her tomorrow even though I was. 

"Halmeoni told me to give you these floweres."

"Wow they're so beautiful, ah I'm missing her garden so much right now."

"What about the garden here?"

"Aish that garden is so artificial." She waved her hand at the thought

"Artificial?"

"It's very fake like, you don't feel the love in the flowers or fountain. You basically feel nothing, just someone trying to make sick people get they're mind off the fact that they are very sick. and that isn't a very comfortable feeling."

"I see. Oh also I have the lunch here!" I put the lunch box on my lap and popped it open. When I opened it I saw such amazing foods neatly packed into the lunchbox. 

"Wah~" We both looked at the food excited to dig into the amazing food that was cooked by halmeoni. "Kamshabnida halmeoni!" We both chanted and began to dig into the amazing meal. 

[Later...]

"And he taught me to do this thing called fist bumping I think? He's a really cool Hyung, I hope that I get to see him again."

"Ah sounds like you've made a good friend."

"De~" We had just finished out lunch and I was telling her about Yong Guk and how he seems really cool. I was sitting on her lap with her arm behind my back.

"Does he go to your school?"

"Anhi. At least...I don't think so. I mean I've never seen him anywhere else but the shop. Ne eomma, did I tell you he had a bruise on his mouth?"

"No. How bad was it?" I felt her nudge me a bit.

"It looked new, and like it hurt a lot." 

"Do you know how he got it?"

"Anhi, I didn't ask. I thought if I did it might make him sad." 

"Well that is very considerate of my JunHong." She gave me a small hug as she showed me her sweet smile. 

"Mrs.Choi?" One of the nurses walked with a clipboard in her hand.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry but it's time for your son to go home. Visiting hours are over." She put on a small smile but I knew she didn't really want to send me home, she was my favorite nurse actually. Her name was Park HyoJin but she preferred us calling her Narsha. When we asked why she simply said "I will never stop flying up." Pretty silly.

"Oh is it 7 already?" Eomma looked outside the window.

"De. Mian but it's time to go home JunHongie~" Narsha Noona smiled. 

"Awwwww" I whined. 

"Come on JunHong don't pout like that. We'll see each other tomorrow, like we always do. Okay?" She petted my head and pushed the few hairs that were in my face our of the way behind my ear.

"Fine. But I promise I'll be here tomorrow okay eomma?" I hopped off the bed and grabbed my things. 

"Let's Go JunHong I'll walk you down stairs." Narsha Noona held out her nice hands out for me to grab. I put my free hand in hers and looked back at my eomma.

"Eomma, neol saranghe~"

"Saranghe JunHong my baby" She blew a kiss at me and pretended to catch it by throwing my face up to catch the kiss. "Narsha take care of my baby."

"De I will."

"Annyeong eomma."

"Annyeong baby."

Little did I know that would most likely be our last heartfelt goodbye....



Lol how was this? I tried to write a bit childish (?) when writing from the 8 year old Zelo POV because wouldn't be weird if an 8 year old had some high vocabulary? I wanted the feeling of a toddler to take place as best as I could.

I HOPE YOU GUYS DEVELOPED FEELINGS FOR HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS EOMMA! CAUSE IT WILL DEFINITLY COME IN HANDY FOR PART 2 

Sorry for the slow process, a lot of things have been going on so.........yeah.

Pic of the Day........................................................................THE MATOKIS EATING LOLLIS

tumblr_ma4mxdxUFF1qj74b0o1_1280.jpg

Thank you and Bye~Yeom \(^w^)