Chapter 1 - Back to California

His Dazzling Girl

Dear my beloved readers  and subcribers, as I told you, to me, they're the same, Min Ho is Tae Joon and Ssul baby is Sulli... So I decided to change the names of the characters into Min Ho and Sulli, for me to have the best inspiration to write and for those MinSullian who want to see every single interactions of MinSul will be satisfied with their hearts. Hope that my decision will gain a lot of support and love from you guys.

 

From Ceroro with love ^^~~~

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 ~ BACK TO CALIFORNIA ~

 

  • Jae Hee! No I mean Choi Sulli, are you watching?

 

 

  • Wait for me, wait for me! I’ll come to see you!

 

  • ..

 

  • Choi Sulli! Promise that you’ll wait for me, OK? You will wait for me, OK?

 

 

The woman on the bus surprisingly looked at the crying girl beside her. That young girl burst into tears hearing what Choi Min Ho has just said on the TV… Ah, no, well actually, he has shouted at the camera… - “Choi Sulli? Who’s that Choi Sulli? That person must be an important, a very important one to this athlete… Wait for him? Definitely wait for him coming to see her? Aigoo, these youngsters nowadays… Obviously, his girlfriend for sure…. Even call her name on the live streaming which is broadcasting nationally through the whole country… *chuckles*… Woo, these little youngsters, jinja… But wait, why did this pretty girl cry? Woo, wait, don’t tell me that… She is… that Choi Sulli?”  The woman thought.

Smiling understandingly, she gently took out her pink stripped handkerchief and gave it to the crying girl – “Dear, he said he would come, right? He would come, definitely, I can tell…”

 

 

  • You don’t have to speak on behalf of her,  Daniel! You’re the one who also help her hide it from me! I’ll treat you later! And you, Sulli, why did you do that, huh? If I had known everything, if I had known that you dared to take those risks… Oh my God, Sulli! How dare you lie to us, huh? – Holding his head with the both two hands, yelled Mr. Dawson.

 

The windows in the afternoon kitchen and those glass bottles on the shelves almost exploded because of the angry voice came from the white man who has those gentle eyes behind his pair of glasses…

 

  • Dad, I’m sorry… I’m so sorry, Dad… I… I .. was wrong… - Sulli looked up with her watery eyes… She cried, tears started to trail down her pale tired face…

 

  • Dad, it’s not her fault, it’s all about me, it’s mine… I let her do that… - Daniel tried to cool his father’s anger down – Dad, anyway, this little messy girl has already come back safely, right?

 

  • DON’T YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME? YOU RASCAL, DANIEL!!!!!!!!!! – Steven Dawson suddenly shouted out – How can you say that? Come back safe and sound? What kind of brother you are? Is she your little sister? Is she? Or you do think that Ssul is not your true sibling, she is not your biological sister, so that you didn’t protect her?

 

  • Dad! How can you tell me those things? – Daniel was taken aback because of Steven’s harsh words…

 

  • Dad, it’s not like that, don’t say that to Daniel oppa, it’s my fault, it’s all my fault… I was too stubborn… - Sulli furiously ran to her father tugging and shaking his arm…

 

  • For God sakes ! Sulli Dawson, don’t you stop crying right away in front of me? – Steven turned his head back to Sulli…

 

  • Dad, I was wrong, totally wrong… It’s all my fault, I didn’t tell you about Ssul's decision, then I hid it away and let her stay in Seoul without your awareness… But Dad, at least you just let her take a rest now, she has just come back and slept for only couples of hours… We’ll talk about this mess later, I promise you, Dad… Can you just hold it on? When there’re only the three of us, I’ll talk to you, both Ssul and I will pay for any punishment from you… Dad, look, her eyes are so puffed up… Miran omma is on the way home… I’ve just called Granny, she told me that omma departed 2 hours ago, you know it Dad, it takes only 2 hours and a half driving here from L.A… She’s nearly get here… What if she saw Ssul’s puffy eyes and heard all about this? – Daniel grabbed Jae Hee’s right hand and led her to go upstairs…

 

  • What’s now Sulli? You should go up and wash your face, put this ice pack on your eyes, too… If Miran Omma see how puffy they were, she would… - Daniel stopped walking, he turned around and urged Sulli feeling her stop her wander…

 

  • Dad…- Sulli whispered softly, she looked down on her left arm then looked up to her father… - Steven gripped her arm tightly… He’s crying…

 

I’m so mad at you, Ssul! – Steven raised his other hand to lift his glasses up – But what makes me angrier is myself… I hate myself for letting you leave for Seoul on your own not knowing clearly how you were doing and living there. I’m mad at myself that since the day you cut your hair, I had felt something wrong, but just because of some careless considering moments, I let it go and assured myself that it was just time for you to change, and above all, that was what you wanted, so I respected your choice. You love your long hair, don’t you? I know that, so If you choose to cut it, I believe you have your reason. When you was a 7 - year – old little girl, you came to my life, you came into my arms, you became my daughter, the daughter that I even love her more than I love my own son Daniel… I’m always grateful to Mi Ran for coming to my life and taking you along. I always remember every afternoon, you and I, we were sitting on the park bench, eating the ice creams bought from Christine’s the Taylor’s Coffee shop… And then, you ran far, turned around and shouted out “Daddy, I love you! I love you! And I love it when you pick up vanilla ice cream for me!”… I was so happy at that moment, Ssul… You called me Daddy, you know that?.... How happy I was when you sat on my lap, I combed your hair and I make you a pony tail with that purple bunny… Because of that, I hate myself for letting my little daughter go to that place and live on your own as a boy. That’s what you chose, but I wish I had been there for you, I wish I could have been there with you and protect you. I can’t imagine and I don’t dare to imagine that in the last 11 months how you live and survive in a place full of teenage boys… What did you have to bear through that time? How tired you were? I don’t know anything about them, I don’t, Ssul!... Then you’re back and your eyes are so puffy, you’re back, but you don’t smile, you cry… I hate myself for that, you know, Sulli Dawson?

 

Daniel remained silent, he slightly let go of her hand for her to rush into her father’s arms, for her to cry her heart out in Steven’s warm arms, for her to hug him tightly saying “Daddy I’m so sorry, I don’t know that I’ve hurt you that much… I love you Daddy… I really miss you…”

 

The autumn sunshine in California was just so pure, that honey- like sunshine fulfilled the kitchen which had the smell of cinnamon cookies, the cookies that Sulli loves for the whole of her life. The cookies that Steven had stayed in the kitchen from noon to bake for his daughter, Sulli whom he prefered to call her Ssul...She’s just back from Korea… Outside the window, the unknown name purple flowers on the frame swung lightly in the autumn breeze, they were jealous trying to look inside the house… The wind sneered happily… Smiling Daniel looked at Steven hugging Sulli in his arms, he gently rubbed her back – “It’s alright sweetheart, it’s Ok now my dear… You’re home now, Daddy’s here…”

 

  • Wait… - Steven’s face suddenly became serious, he softly pushed Sulli a little bit away and looked into her eyes – I’m thankful to that youngster Choi Min Ho, because of him, you found your smiles back, because of him, you had the strength and inspiration to come over that struggling time at high school, you could forget that time when you were a victim of bullying and become stronger. But, that rascal, because of him, you became this much… Oh my God, whenever I see your hairstyle, my temper extremely boil up and I just want to book an airplane ticket to Korea immediately. I want see how talented he is to keep my Sulli there for that long… I just want to take my baseball bat and teach him a lesson… Oh my God, this is driving me nuts… - Steven hugged Sulli again, murmuring and rolling his eyes melancholy….

 

  • Dad, I’m with you, I also want to teach that rascal a lesson, too! – Daniel sided with his father, trying to win Steven heart and cool him down…. – But after knowing the truth about Sulli, he knew that she was a girl and always stayed beside to protect our messy cutie…

 

 

  • WHAT?????????? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?????????? -  It seemed like Steven wanted to break the kitchen windows and those glass bottles into pieces… - What did you just say? That rascal boy knew that Ssul is a girl? He knew? – He shook Jae Hee who was in his arms unknowingly, turned her left and then right furiously – Oh Jesus, for God sake, what are you talking about? That boy already knew Sulli is a girl? Oh my God I’m going crazy because of this… Did he do anything to you? – The shaking speed became more and more furious… - You don’t… I mean don’t you… Oh gosh, nothing happened, right? Oh my god, you two shared the same room? How can this be? SULLi DAWSON? Don’t you dare?  You… Don’t tell me that you’re back just to inform me that news… Don’t you? Oh gosh… For how long? I know it right away when my daughter went back with those puffy eyes…

 

  • Dad… it’s not… that… - Sulli tried to remain her balance

 

  • Oh my, you… 17 years old and I’m becoming a grandfather… - Steven continued, he now didn’t mind his two kids’ eyes were wider…

 

  • WHAT? GRANDFATHER? – the two Dawson boy and girl yelled…