Chapter 1

Hallyu 101 [ON HIATUS]

Yeonra

The wait for my number call was taking meticulously slow. I’m starting to have an anxiety attack. What if I end up tripping right in the middle of my dance routine? What if the SME people don’t like me? Or worse, what if they sent me the acceptance email by mistake?

I’m not usually claustrophobic. I can actually survive in a stuffed room for a couple of hours. But right now I just feel so constricted. Is this the never-ending side effects of that bad breakfast burrito?

“Number 18. Yeonra-sshi. It’s your turn.” I stood up from my seat despite hearing my name being called for screening. I feel sick. With one goal in mind, I went to leave the area. I’ll just need to navigate my way to the nearest comfort room. That shouldn’t be so difficult, right?

My stomach continued to do somersaults as I raced the unfamiliar halls of the company building. I would’ve asked for some directions only if I’d be able to speak without instinctively throwing up… because right now, I feel like I might just puke my guts out. My legs carried on with no intention of stopping till a restroom is in view.

My legs were quite cooperative alright. The only problem was my sense of direction wasn’t. So I basically bumped onto something hard enough to literally knock the breath out of me. Great! Not only does my stomach churn, but my head was also throbbing due to the sudden impact. I wish I had the time to say sorry or “ow!” at the very least. But guess what? The highly sophisticated girl in me took over and I puked my guts out instead.

I lifted my gaze to the unfortunate target of my puke bomb.

It couldn’t be. I must be having some sort of concussion now. The rock-hard body I just slammed into was his. Eottokaji?!

“Oh wow! That’s oh my~! Yah!” The person barked. Somebody whack my head now! Please! He looked fumed enough for imaginary steam to come out his ears. I am so dead.

Lee Jinki

I let the cold winter air pierce through my skin and the numbness to swallow me. How long had it been? Had it really been two years? It feels exactly the same – the first time I came to this place, all excited, an SME trainee. I let the warm tears roll down my cheeks. Just now, I reminded myself. I’ll let myself cry one last time today.

Many things have changed. Those two years I spent in the military felt like ages. Now I feel old, more mature, and totally different.

I wonder what she’ll say. She must hate me now, right? All her letters sat on my desk left unread. I didn’t even bother opening them. I don’t know why I never did. I just didn’t have the strength to do so, I guess.

Nervously yet firmly, I entered the SME company building. I was once again reminded by the warmth and joy I’ve felt as an artist here. I wonder how my dongsaengs are doing. I sure hope Jonghyun took a really good care of them while I was away.

As I was wandering around the halls of the new wing of our building, I accidentally bumped onto an unfamiliar face. It was a girl with shoulder-length hair, looking as lost as I was. But it seemed like she completely lost it when she bumped onto me. “Oh wow! That’s oh my! Yah!” I roared at the strange girl who just threw up on me. I must commend the welcoming committee because I feel so welcome with all these puke on me. “Eottokaji???” I could hear the girl scrambling to herself. Aish. What a nice way to start my day.

“Onew oppa!” I cringed upon hearing my stage name. I’ve never been called that way ever since I joined the military. Now it doesn’t sound like the name is mine. It felt like it belonged to somebody else. Somebody far from who I am today.

I winced as a pair of puny arms wrapped around me. “Oppa! You’re here!” As the voice ringed in my ears, I quickly figured out who it was. It’s her and nobody else – Luna. An inevitable sigh escaped my lips as my eyes did all the talking.

“Yah! Why weren’t you replying to any of my –“ She was cut midsentence by the icky liquid on her arms that most likely came from the front of my now puke-covered shirt. “What’s this?” Her eyes flickered questioningly.

“Jo..Joesonghamnida. Joesonghamnida.” The girl who threw up on me stuttered as her knees endlessly wobbled. She looked pale. If she hadn’t vomited all over me, I’d feel sorry for her. Luna looked over her head-to-toe. Yep. She always does that kind of thing to people new to her. That’s why she always has this intimidating air around her. “Excuse me. May I know who you are?” Luna said with a sickly sweet voice. The girl looked rather helpless. “Um… I’m supposed to have my audition today.” She replied. “I didn’t mean to throw up. It’s just that I’m not feeling well.”

Luna sighed and gave the girl an impatient look. “If you’re not feeling well, you should just go the clinic. It’s down the hall.” Though her puke almost covered the entire front of my shirt, I somehow felt sorry for the girl. “Ne. Kamsamnida.” The girl left, struggling to regain her balance.

Yeonra

“If you’re not feeling well, you should just go the clinic. It’s down the hall.” Luna of f(x) instructed. Though I find her retort rude, I didn’t have the energy to defend my dignity. So I left for the clinic. Wherever that may be.

“Excuse me. I’ll help you find your way to the clinic.” A voice from behind said. I turned, only to see Onew. Was he really going to help me? With all the energy out of me, I let him drag me to the clinic. My eyes gave up on me and I slowly drifted to darkness.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I regained consciousness only to find myself sprawled on the clinic bed. I sat up straight in a jiffy. “Drink your medicine. It’s on the table beside you.” I turned and saw a tablet and a glass of water. “Excuse me? How do I–“ I inquired but was cut midsentence by the shirtless man standing in front of me. “You passed out on the way. You’re heavy by the way.”

I swiftly covered my innocent eyes and asked in a voice that are octaves high, “Why the heck are you not wearing a shirt?!” I heard him huff conceitedly. “You puked all over my shirt, remember?” Right. I did puke on his shirt. But still… that’s not a valid reason to go in front of a girl completely shirtless.

“Joesonghamnida. I didn’t really mean to.” I explained with eyes still covered. “If you didn’t really mean to, you should buy me a meal. And wash my shirt. You should know that that was my favorite shirt.” He replied. “Bwayo? Buy you a meal and wash your shirt? Do I look like a maid to you?!” I exclaimed. “You ungrateful wretch! You puked all over me and I still helped you to the clinic. I’m only asking you to do simple things!” He fired back.

Is he serious?! I can’t believe I called myself his fan. He’s a rude elephant in real life!!! UNBELIEVABLE! Aish!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first chapter everyone!

We now have two points of view - Yeonra's and Onew's. What do you guys think? Can you believe it?! Onew is just sooo different. Who knew he'd end up to be a dead serious kinda guy after being released from the military? Yep - well, that's how he is in my imagination right now! He's all manly :) harhar

And it is official - the Onew Condition has been passed onto someone else. Yeonra could be really clumsy sometimes. By sometimes, I mean, ALWAYS.

So as you can see, the two don't get along that much. They both got some fierce streaks. 

For all the fans of f(x)'s Luna, let me just clarify that she is definitely not a villain in this story. She isn't really that mean. It's just that... since she's in a relationship with Onew, she could be super protective of her man. (Yep, I'm a Lunew shipper!)

There will be more points of view in the future. Cuz there'll be a lot of different characters to be added up. So you guys better watch out for them! 

i'll talk with you guys soon.

~jem