Chapter 04: The Attack

Secret Admirer

November 30th 2012, evening

“She will be fine, Doctor Kim.”

He breathed a sigh of relief. “That’s… that’s good, then.”

Helplessly leaning his back against the chair, he could feel the tension inside his body slowly disappeared upon hearing the good news. He placed his palm over his covered chest, to where his heart was, only to find it was no longer thumping uncontrollably – it had returned to its usual, peaceful state. He looked up at the elder doctor sitting across him, a wide smile plastered on his face, “Thank you. Thank you so much, sunsaengnim,” said him, ducking his head at the former.

“You are most welcome, Doctor Kim. Do not be too worried, alright?”

He merely nodded before rising to his full height, bowing at Doctor Choi respectfully. He then left the room, closing the door securely after him. In the end, he realized consulting with his senior really did help. He was convinced that she would be alright after all, that she showed no signs of head trauma or other severe injuries. However, still, he had to keep an eye of her and to report if she felt disoriented or stressed after the incident.

The thought of that hit and run accident sickened him. Moreover, he knew it was not just a simple misfortune. A carefully planned homicide. Sunggyu believed that whatever her stalker had committed, it was something incredibly daring and extreme. He was not even shaken or hesitated to harm her that way.

Honestly, this psychopath might even murder her if he wanted to.

Sunggyu widened his eyes when he noticed her sitting calmly at one of the seats in waiting room. “Yookyung?”

The woman turned to him almost immediately. “Oh, oppa!”

He could not believe his eyes. How could she still be so bright after the whole accident?

The presence of a familiar figure seated next to her was even more surprising. The man in caramel locks seemed at ease, drinking his milk deliciously, on his lap was a plastic bag filled with snacks. He raised two fingers and saluted the elder casually. “Ssup, hyung?”

“Yah!” Sunggyu spat furiously, throwing a sharp glare at the younger. “How can you be so relaxed? Is this some kind a snack bar?”

“This is for Yookyungie,” Sungjong interrupted. “She said she did not want to go home just yet.”

“What?” This time, he shifted his attention to the female, asking for an explanation. “I told you to get some rest.”

“Chill, hyung,” Sungjong interceded again. The girl nodded, silently agreeing at the other’s comment. “He’s right, oppa,” Yookyung added, shoving some pieces of bun into her own mouth.

Chill?” The eldest of the trio repeated angrily. “You know how freaking worried I was and you told me to chill?”

“Yes,” answered the two at the same time. The pair looked at each others and simply laughed.

Sunggyu palmed his face, shaking his head lightly at the two’s unbelievable carefree traits. A girl like her might have post-traumatic stress? I doubt it, he thought to himself. He then took the empty seat next to Yookyung, scanning her from head to toe, checking for any wound the nurses probably missed. “Did they treat you well?” asked him, a worried look on his face. He raised one hand to pet her head tenderly. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

She flashed a smile at him. “I am perfectly fine. Trust me.”

“Have you contacted the school?”

“Sungjongie did. They told me to return teaching if I felt better already.”

“Really?” He questioned, not assured yet.

When she responded with another nod, Sunggyu only sighed.

“Come on, let’s get you home.”

---

He stilled at his seat, his face scrunching up in thought. The room he stayed in – the place where the doctors usually gathered during break time – was strangely quiet. Considering how talkative of a person he could be, he too was unusually silent at the moment. Apart from him, Sungjong was also present.

After dropping Yookyung at her house, the two returned to the hospital together. Although Sungjong had mentioned something about files that needed to be worked on, Sunggyu still forcefully dragged him here, saying that he wanted to discuss a serious matter with him. At first, the younger begged him to postpone the talk – whatever it was about, however, he eventually gave in. The persistent hyung always won after all.

“Spill it, hyung,” Sungjong urged, handing one cup of coffee to him. Holding his own cup, he skipped to the doorway, leaning against it.

The doctor sipped on the warm drink slowly before placing it at the table. “I don’t know how to start,” he confessed. “This is too difficult.”

Sungjong spoke no words, giving him a minute to contemplate.

He was not even sure if he should tell this to him or not. Because if he did, the apprentice would be the other person who knew this problem – the first was Hoya. Nevertheless, he felt like his head would explode if he did not tell anyone. It was too overwhelming, too stressing, and too unbearable for him to handle it alone.

Sunggyu hesitated, but eventually opened his mouth, “It is about Yookyung.”

“What is it?” The other man prompted, after knowing it was related to his best friend. “Is her head—”

“No,” he butted in, “Her head is fine, but… I think someone is stalking her.”

There was a pause before Sungjong spoke up again,

“What?”

Sunggyu threw his hands mid-air, fully aware how sudden and unexpected it was. “I don’t know,” he softly said, his words came out as a whisper. Sungjong thought he was joking when he heard the word ‘stalking’. Nevertheless, when he caught the desperation in the latter’s voice, he was aware how serious he was.

“Do you have proofs?” he carefully inquired.

“I don’t know if it’s a good proof, but…” He came into a stop as he took out his phone from his pocket, tapping the inbox icon. He opened one specific message and he held it out to him, “It’s from the stalker. He even called me before,  only a minute before her hit and run…”

Sungjong dropped his jaw. “Seriously?”

“Yookyung said she received many prank calls these days and that psychopath admitted he was the one doing it,” he went on smoothly. He gazed up at the other, “He put her in a situation where she was close to being killed, Sungjong-ah. I’m sure he can do worse than that.”

 “How about police?”

“No,” he curtly replied. “If the police know, the stalker won’t stay still. He may harm her again.”

The other male frowned,

“… Frankly speaking, I’m not sure about this, but–”

Sunggyu stared at him, his eyebrows raised in anticipation.

“Figure out the possible stalker. That’s the only way.”

---

n/a:

hey!

 __ryura is back, with the latest chapter of  Secret Admirer!

i kinda forced myself writing this because I want to update this so bad,

but I hope it turns out alright!

Meanwhile, check out my new collection of oneshots,

inspired by roleplay experiences,

right here -- His Side of Story.

And! A Bad Friend is also updated! Go check it out~

I guess that's it from me.

Adios, __ryura signs out!