Chapter 03: Warning

Secret Admirer

November 30th, 2012

“— Hello? Hello, who is this?”

Sunggyu’s attention completely distracted when he heard her voice changed slightly, a bit louder than the usual. He put the newspaper he had been intently reading back to the table, his eyes now glancing at the girl. With a frown, she finally ended the call. “Prank call,” He heard her said.

He raised one eyebrow. “Another one?”

“It’s getting often now.” A sigh escaped from her lips as she leaned back to her seat. She rested her arms on the armrest, her eyes shutting tight as she put herself into a deep thinking mode. Sunggyu, too, was immersed in his thoughts.

Since three days ago, Yookyung kept having calls from someone she didn’t know – a private number, even. She just told him about this yesterday and he began worrying her more. She said everytime she picked up the call, the one on the other line wouldn’t say anything – like he was just listening to her voice. At first, she believed it was just a prank call, perhaps from her high school friends, but then it somehow got intense. There were approximately four to six calls per day.

“Can it be one of your admirers?”

“Hm, I’m not sure… I never give my number to them before,” She answered calmly as she opened her eyes again.

“Try blocking the number?”

She flashed him a smile and shook her head lightly. “It’s fine.”

Sunggyu scowled, his expression changed and he couldn’t control it at all. Did she just say she would be fine? He laughed inwardly at himself. How amusing, he thought. He was concerned to death and she said she would be alright? What kind of joke was that? Knowing that she had quite a number of admirers already irritated him and then, this – prank calls from anonymous person. He watched news a lot these days and there was one issue that recently kept happening – kidnapping of young women. He couldn’t shake this thought off his head. It was only prank calls, but then, it might lead to some serious things. Stalking, perhaps – okay, maybe he watched too much TV, but it could be, right?

He heaved out a sigh. “About that, if anything… Just make sure to tell me, Kyungie.”

Yookyung chuckled softly.  “Don’t worry, oppa. I will.”

He merely nodded.

 I will catch you… Better be careful, jerk.

---

“What the hell is it, seriously?!”

The other man blinked, looking flustered for a second before looking at around him. Pairs of eyes were now looking at his and his friend’s direction. “H-hyung, your voice,” was all he could say, his eyes traveling cautiously from the older man to his colleagues.

“Ah, what is it?!” exclaimed him once again. He lowly growled some words – which Hoya assumed as curses – his hands ruffling his own hair in frustrated manner. Hoya, while ducking his head a bit, could only mouth an apology to the others for the sudden action of the top doctor that interrupted their lunch time.

“You want to drink some soju or beers later, hyung?” queried him again finally. “Soryong hyung switched my shift with his for today.”

He looked at him in disbelief. “What— I can’t drink those in this kind of time. It will stress me more, idiot.”

Kim Sunggyu could feel his phone beeped and he fished it out from his white coat almost instantly. He typed the password locking his phone and found one unread message. Huh? He rubbed his eyes as he tried to read it one more time. He wrinkled his forehead, staring at the screen confusedly. He found himself re-reading the contain of the text, still lost in a moment. Who sent this?

Not long, his phone beeped again. This time, it was a call from an unknown number.

Hesitantly, he picked it up. “Hello?”

There was nobody answering.

“He—”

“I hope you understand my message.”

Due to surprise, Sunggyu stood up from his seat instantly, the chair he was sitting on let out a screeching sound. His movement gave a little shock again to the others. “Who are you?” He questioned as he exited the cafeteria, shuffling his way to a quieter spot of the hospital.

The one who answered him sounded like an automated voice, one like you would hear when you recorded your own voice, but very low-pitched. “Stay away from my queen.”

“Who are you?” He shouted once more.

“Kim Sunggyu, born in Gyeonggi-do, twenty four years ago—”

He froze in his place. Shivers ran down his spine when he heard him mentioning his name. “How did you know that?!” He didn’t know why, but his feeling told him that wherever that person was, now smirking at him.

“Just stay away.”

“I don’t even know who you meant by ‘your queen’!”

“Hong Yookyung.”

He felt his heart stopped beating for a moment. “Hong… Yookyung?” He spelled out her name slowly. “Oh, no, no— So, you’re the one who are doing those prank calls to her?”

“I can do more than that, I assure you.”

He snickered, subconsciously clutching his phone tighter. “Tch, no. I won’t stay away from her. Never.”

The phone call suddenly ended. He glared at his phone screen, realizing that the mysterious person had hung up.

“What is going on, geez!” growled him, almost throwing his phone away due to anger and tension building up inside of him. Taking his hand to where his heart lied, he breathed in quite an intake of air before breathing it out. He should cool himself down – he had to. He wouldn’t be able to think clear if he still let the emotional feelings overpowered himself. He took another deep breath and let it out once again.

Just when he thought he had calmed down…

“Hyung! Sunggyu hyung!”

“What now…” He wheezed under his breath as he sprinted towards the voice calling him. “What is it?”

“Yookyung-ssi—”

He widened his eyes, not believing what his junior had said. “Where is she now?!” Just after Hoya answered his question, his phone beeped again.

Another message.

From: Unknown number

I told you to stay away, didn’t I?

 

---

 

n/a:

hello. __ryura is back.

from a long hiatus and lazy mode. also devastated mode after yookyung's leaving. 

do comment on the story and keep subscribing. thank you!

"mercy for this heart" is already updated too. /sobs

i love you. /shot/ i'm so cheesy ok bye c: