One

You're supposed to hate me

 

you're supposed to hate me

 

 

Kyungsoo takes a chance to neatly arrange his studying sheets on his folder while the teacher doesn’t arrive. The classroom is silent as no other student is inside yet, besides him. The bell hasn’t ringed yet and Kyungsoo likes to go, or stay, inside the classroom because, according to him, outside is too noisy and messy. He’s more of an inside creature. Nose in the books and fond over his little colored post-its prettily stuck to his notepad.

Jongin on the other hand likes to wonder around hallways and flick a wink at the occasional hot passerby. It’s part of his persona. The one he likes to show off. The popular guy in high school with not a care in the world. His reputation isn’t as nice as he’d hope for though. People badmouth him a lot in whispers every time he turns his back. But he doesn’t care. If he cared he’d go crazy so he prefers to live along and be on his own. The looks he gets are satisfying enough. At least that’s what he tells himself.

Having Kyungsoo and Jongin in the same room isn’t always recommendable. The fact that they’re in the same class just brings everything to the ground. Jongin is a pain in Kyungsoo’s and the latter can’t find enough patience in himself to put up with the other.

On good days Jongin shoots paper balls to Kyungsoo’s head and Kyungsoo either gives him the cold shoulder or shoots him a glare from above his shoulder. Sometimes Jongin might even be bold and add spit to those little creased little balls and Kyungsoo breathes in three times to prevent himself from enraging at this.

On bad days Jongin steps up his game and bluntly harasses Kyungsoo in the best way he can. Usually he receives a pencil case to his face or a kick to his knee in response, but if Kyungsoo gets actually mad, Jongin might just earn himself a freaking encyclopedia, or any book Kyungsoo gets a hold on, straightly aimed at his head. It ing hurts but apparently not enough because Jongin keeps coming back. By now Kyungsoo is already used to it so he just shrugs it off and keeps a particularly larger book, inside his locker or under his arm, just in case.

When the teacher arrives, rather cheerful, Kyungsoo sits straight – not that he wasn’t before but Kyungsoo is a perfectionist at heart – and smiles brightly from the first row to show her how much knowledge he’s willing to assimilate today. He can proudly call himself the teacher’s pet. Not really something to be proud of but he likes the title, even if Jongin makes sure to gnaw him for it.

As usual Jongin gets late and Kyungsoo doesn’t even bother to look at the door as the other makes his noisy way in and carelessly sits his on his usual table behind Kyungsoo. The latter doesn’t understand why Jongin insist on doing so when his position obviously gives him away making the teacher yell at him and threat him of punishment. But he doesn’t say anything. It’s not like he can tell him to sit elsewhere and if he didn’t know better, he’s sure Jongin chose such seat to turn his life a living hell. Jongin likes to call his investees funny while Kyungsoo likes to call them stupidly childish.

Bottom down Kyungsoo hates Jongin and everything he represents. Shallowness. A vain and idiotic brain complimented by a sinful body.

“Oh. Today’s the thirteenth. I wish you a late happy birthday Kyungsoo.” The teacher says out of nowhere in middle of class. Kyungsoo blushes slightly before mouthing a quiet thank you.

“Shouldn’t we sing him the song?” A male voice speaks from behind but although Kyungsoo was expecting it to come from Jongin it wasn’t him.

“Shouldn’t you be making the exercise Mr. Oh?” Sehun frowns and goes back to his book. Jongin laughs at him as he starts molding little bits of paper into spheres to begin his ritual of testing how far Kyungsoo’s patience can go.

He ends up being yelled at and gets a note to attend detention later along with a kick in the shins, compliments from Kyungsoo.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo rummages around his locker peacefully at the end of the day. It’s pretty late for a school day and after spending all afternoon inside the library Kyungsoo can only start to dream with his bed that so peacefully awaits him at home.

His daydreaming about his soft sheets and fluffy pillows gets interrupted by a usual overly disrespectful Jongin that slopes himself against the horribly monotone lockers right beside Kyungsoo.

“The teacher even knows your birthday.” He chuckles from behind Kyungsoo’s locker door.

“That’s how much she likes me.”

“And we practically share birthdays, isn’t that nice?” Kyungsoo frowns because Jongin is being unnervingly impersonal again and it pisses him off how he tries to make conversation out of nothing.

“Not really.”

“Ice queen.”

“I treat people the way they deserve to be treated.” Kyungsoo says coldly as he closes the little door.

“Thanks.”

“No need.” He starts to walk towards the front exit and Jongin makes sure to put himself in his way so he won’t get through.

“You could be nice and love me.” Kyungsoo chokes and shoots Jongin a look. He isn’t sure if he heard right or if his mind is playing tricks on him. He does have a perfect hearing so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Jongin on the other hand wants to bury his head inside a dumpster and use a hammer to slash his brains out while he’s at it because never in his life he let something so embarrassing leave his lips before. Nothing so out of his persona. Nothing so real.

There’s an awkward silence that separates Jongin’s confession to Kyungsoo’s next question.

“What?” He raises a brow.

“Nothing. I should go.” Jongin turns around and suddenly he feels his heart going a little too fast for comfort. Kyungsoo doesn’t let him go away though and grabs his sleeve before he could.

“We both know what you said.” He says firmly and Jongin looks at him scared. It’s first time Kyungsoo has ever seen Kim Jongin scared and this amuses him beyond reason.

“Yeah, but maybe we should forget what I said.” He tries but Kyungsoo’s face reveals he isn’t going to leave it alone.

“We should…” He lets go of Jongin’s sleeve and the latter feels a weight leaving his shoulders. Doesn’t last long though. “Only…” Kyungsoo grabs his arm this time. “...I won’t be able to forget it.”

Jongin tenses up. He doesn’t like the look on Kyungsoo’s face and the sound of his heart pounding is already reaching his hears. He’s afraid he might pass out from the pressure.

“Hmm... I really should go.”

Kyungsoo grips harder on his arm.

“Kiss me.”

Jongin’s eyes widen into two full moons almost as much as Kyungsoo’s can go.

“What?”

“Kiss me.” Kyungsoo repeats. There’s really no margin for error but Jongin thinks there must be a switch somewhere that will make him wake up from this dream because no way in hell any of this is real.

“I’m not doing that, you’re supposed to hate me-” He starts to defend.

“Just kiss me!” His voice echoes the empty hallways and before Kyungsoo or Jongin could regret anything the latter slouches forward, framing Kyungsoo’s petite face and round cheeks in his hands and sealing a, bit too harsh, kiss on his plump pink lips. Doesn’t last too long. Maybe a couple seconds, maybe a couple minutes. Neither of them counts but it felt too short for both. Jongin tastes sweetness and an odd flavor of cherry chapstick while Kyungsoo tastes music. Music. Or maybe it’s his brain tricking him again. There’s no choir bells ringing but he can absolutely listen to dreamful ballads in the distance and this could be happening only everything is silent around them and the school is near to closing.

Jongin pulls away just as fast as he pushed in and retrieves his hands to rest them at his sides.

“Are you satisfied?” He tries his best to sound firm and assertive and not to let his voice break into an embarrassing girly falsetto. That would ruin the mood for sure.

“No.” Kyungsoo says bluntly and goes back to wear his poker face again and walks away leaving Jongin there without any more words. It takes Jongin uncountable dreadful minutes and a nagging janitor to move away from his spot and go home.

---

 

The next day Kyungsoo is his usual self helping out fellow classmates from drama club to get models and bits of scenario finished in time for the upcoming play. He was finished gluing the last details to a particularly harder model and picking up his finished work when suddenly someone touches him. He doesn’t know how if it was the boy’s awful cologne or just the touch itself - because to be honest the cologne isn’t that noticeable unless he’s inappropriately close - but somehow he knew it was Jongin and has a result his devoted work practically jumps out of his hands and shatters completely on the floor. He sighs in frustration and turns to glare at his offender.

“You’re not going to blame me for that.” Jongin speaks while widening his eyes.

“I should.” Kyungsoo comments while turning back and crouching to pick up what’s left of the miniature town he help building out of styrofoam, carton and impossibly tiny bits of wood.

“What? I didn’t do anything.” Jongin tries to sound the sweetest possible because, well, in a way he feels a bit guilty.

Kyungsoo settles the model on the table in front of him.

“Shut up.” He flails his hand in the air. “Your voice is distracting me! God.”

“Huh my voi-? Hum.” He frowns. Kyungsoo is behaving like a girl on pms and Jongin isn’t sure out to react to that.

“Go away, I need to redo all of this.” He motions unsettling hands over the broken carton.

“I can help you.” He suggests.

You…want to help me?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows in surprise.

“Huh yeah…I broke it didn’t I?” He grins and Kyungsoo grimaces because he hates that grin so much he wants to kiss it.

“Okay then. Catch all the fallen pieces while I go inside to get more and some more glue.” He says calmly and Jongin nods starting to bend to assemble every bit of lost materials from the floor. When he finishes he goes sit by the table and takes a good look at the ruined model and sighing because it’s going to be a lot of work and he could be doing so many other interesting things but, no, he had to offer himself for help. He wouldn’t do it for anyone else, that’s for sure. It’s only because it’s Kyungsoo. Only because it’s Kyungsoo.

The shorter male comes back after a bit with the necessary things to get the thing repaired. He sets them down on the table next to the model and proceeds to sit down next to Jongin. Involuntarily, their knees bump.

“Sit straight.” Kyungsoo orders him. Jongin frowns but obeys straightening his legs and pulling his chair forward so he’ll be closer to the table. Kyungsoo does the same and a ten inch distance is set between the two. Kyungsoo is satisfied with this when Jongin is not.

“Why do you even do this stuff, it’s so boring.” Jongin says while picking up a minuscule bit of wood that goes on a house’s door. He furrows his eyebrows and his tongue peeks out of his mouth as he tries to focus on the little house. He tries to settle the bit of wood on its place but the thing falls down. Kyungsoo just watches him from the corner of his eye in amusement.

“You need the tweezers for that.” Kyungsoo informs which makes Jongin look up. He scans the table and sees the instrument on Kyungsoo’s side. He starts to reach when Kyungsoo thinks faster and hands it to him before Jongin could even invade in his private space.

“Thanks.” He grabs the tweezers and retries. “Hell, I almost need a magnifying glass.” He groans.

“You talk too much.” Kyungsoo is on his side coolly and successfully repairing his part of the model in contrast with Jongin.

“This is really hard.” He lets the piece of wood fall again.

“Shut up.” He side eyes Jongin’s work. “You need glue on that… idiot.” He says calmly and whispers the last word. Jongin stops abruptly and frowns.

“Of course. I knew that…I was just checking if it fit.” He scoffs timidly and he hates that his calmness is betraying him. If it isn’t the pressure of getting almost invisible stuff together it sure is the pressure of having to be there with Kyungsoo alone that will make him melt into a pool of nervous sweat.

“Of course.” Kyungsoo chuckles. Jongin looks at him for a second.

“Did you just laugh? Do Kyungsoo just laughed.”

“Shut up.” His amused grin rapidly turns into a scowl so Jongin obliges and goes back to do what he was doing, this time using glue to get it done successfully.

Jongin loses track of time so when they reach the end of their doings he’s surprised to see that almost two hours passed. He was so entranced into the model he almost forgot Kyungsoo was even there. He realizes that both of them got impressively more relaxed. Perfect child Kyungsoo wasn’t sitting straight anymore as he always tries to make sure. Jongin doesn’t make a remark on that though.

“All done.” Kyungsoo claps his hands together and smiles at their work and it almost blinds Jongin. It’s probably the first time Jongin has ever seen Kyungsoo smile that brightly. He’s busy staring when Kyungsoo looks at him and his lips drop downwards. “What’s your problem?”

“Huh?” He straightens his back. “Nothing…you had something on your face.” He flies a finger to his mouth to represent his words.

“What?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widen. “Was it glue?” He lets out small yelp.

“No…”

“What was it? Is it still there?” He looks in plead at Jongin.

“Your lips where curving.”

“What?”

“Yeah, upwards.” He motions his fingers to emphasize and Kyungsoo frowns.

“I smile okay? I just happen not to smile when you’re around.” He gets up and starts to pick up the remains of wood and styrofoam that were left, to guard them just in case.

“I happen to stare at you often and I’ve got to tell you that you really don’t.” He gasps the minute it leaves his mouth. There’s really no brain to mouth filter with Jongin and they both know this but Jongin thinks this is getting ridiculous.

“You’re really creepy.” He picks up a small box from a neighbor table and places the remains inside. “Should we forget this as well?”

“Why? Are you going to order me to kiss you again?” Kyungsoo swallows, he was hopping Jongin wouldn’t play that card on him, but he doesn’t know what he was he expecting, really, of course Jongin would use that card on him.

“No.” He says indignant.

“You should though.” He gets up from his chair. Jongin figures there’s no more need to try and hide anything. He wants Kyungsoo and he’s going for it. The shorter widens his eyes and Jongin can’t stop to think how adorable he looks with this expression. He goes closer slightly hovering over Kyungsoo. The latter gulps and tenses a bit while looking into Jongin's deep eyes. He finds them utterly hipnotizing and it makes him weak in the knees.

“Kiss me.” It’s less demanding than the first time and now Kyungsoo doesn’t need to repeat himself as Jongin closes the distance in a swift motion. It lasts longer. Much longer. And it’s much less chaste and much messier. Both are perfectly fine with this. Jongin opens his mouth and leans forward more and more until Kyungsoo is bumping on a table from behind. His hand fly to Kyungsoo’s waist and he lifts him slightly so the boy will be sitting on top of it. On accord Kyungsoo opens his legs so Jongin will fit between them and deepen the kiss even more. Kyungsoo grips the edge of the table tightly. His tidy hair gets disheveled by Jongin’s hands and his plump lips get ravished by his. Kyungsoo feels warmth fill him and a bunch of other feelings he never felt before everything wrapped into a spell of adrenaline he gets addicted to. It’s really not like him to be this way. He’s quiet and assertive, he doesn’t like his hair to be messed up and especially not having his lips covered in someone else’s spit but he finds out that those are probably his favorite things right now. When he starts to feel light headed he lets go of the table and brings his hands to grip Jongin’s uniform jacket to push him lightly away. Jongin disconnects with a particularly louder pop. “…” Kyungsoo breathes out, showing a soft smile. “I was supposed to hate you.”
 

 


Okaay. Here it is. ^u^ thank you so much for subscribing. can i hug you all?!? lskdjhjskdh <3<3<3<3<3