A New Start

My Boyfriend is a Mannequin

Ji-hyun and Cheondong had been gradually cleaning and renovating their parents' abandoned shop for about 5 weeks now and it had finally come together. When they had first started the job, it looked impossible to fix up. There were cobwebs and mold in every corner, not to mention that everything inside was either filthy or broken. Since the two siblings were doing it tough, the renovation process was slow but they had finally finished and they felt satisfied. The shop's basic layout was all there and all Ji-hyun had to do was add a little decor and wallpaper to make sure the place didn't look dull and boring. 

 

'I think we've done a great job with the place!' smiled Cheondong.

 

'Yep the place looks so good now, all this hard work has finally payed off! I just need to add a few finishing touches and the shop can open up soon' replied Ji-hyun, looking around the shop with a smile stretching from ear to ear. Her smile quickly fade and she let out a deep sigh. 

 

'Ji-hyunnie, whats wrong?' asked Cheondong, his smile quickly fading too. 

 

'Oh nothing.. its just about Ji-yong' she replied, avoiding eye contact with her brother. 

 

'Pshh this guy. Did he do something again to make you upset?' Cheondong asked with concern.

 

Ji-hyun stayed silent for a moment thinking of what to say. Her brother and Kwon Ji-yong who was now, her ex-boyfriend never liked each other. Cheondong didn't like his attitude and wasn't too happy about the age difference between the two either. He respected her choice to be with Ji-yong but now they had broken up, Cheondong's protective big brother mode was engaged and it could be a little overhwelming at times. 

 

'Well? What did this guy do?' Cheondong repeated. 

 

'I just miss him...' Ji-hyun replied quietly. 

 

'Ahh... you shouldn't miss that guy! He ended things because you weren't "his style" aigoo why do women always fall for the bad boys huh? Besides, who needs a boyfriend when you have your handsome older brother?' smiled Cheondong, rushing up to Ji-hyun and hugging her.

 

Ji-hyun laughed and hugged her brother back tightly. Although he was terrible at jokes and a little goofy at times, she knew she could always rely on him. She was thankful for a big brother like him because if it weren't for him, she might not have been here today. 

 

'Thanks Donggie~' she smiled before trying to wiggle out of his grip, but before she knew it he had her trapped and was ruffling her hair. 

 

'You think you can escape from me huh?' he asked chuckling evilly. 

 

Without saying a word, Ji-hyun slowly moved her hand up to his neck and started tickling him, immediately making him fall on the floor with laughter. 

Ji-hyun just stood there laughing back at him when she remembered she had forgotten something.

 

'On no! Donggie! I've forgotten to order mannequins for the shop window!' 

 

  Cheondong slowly rolled around and sat up on the floor looking at her. 'Well go order some then' he replied.

 

'I don't think he have enough money though after everything else I've ordered' she said.

 

'Hmm what about just buying one for now and when we have enough money we can order some more' suggested Cheondong, still on the floor. 

 

'Ok then... I hope its an extra good looking one to attract customers! hehehe' Ji-hyun giggled.

 

Cheondong rolled his eyes while Ji-hyun was on the phone ordering her single mannequin for the store's window. She hoped this mannequin would bring her luck. All she could do was hope it was delivered soon. 

 

'Hey Ji-hyunnie, it's getting late I think I should head home now. Are you sure you don't want to stay with me?' Cheondong asked, slowing getting up off the floor. 

 

'No it's ok, I'll just sleep here you go ahead' Ji-hyun smiled, kissing her brother on the cheek. She knew how hard her brother worked and how small his place was. She didn't want to be a burden so she stayed in the small living area at the back of the store. It was quite tiny but she could manage untils he could afford to expand.

 

'Alright then see you later' Cheondong sighed, waving as he walked out.

 

Ok now time to go to sleep. I cant wait until I can open up the shop! Ji-hyun thought to herself as she turned out the lights and walked off to bed. 

 

 

Thanks for reading lovelies!

Myungsoo and GD will be appearing soon~