Chapter 1: Boy Meets Boy

Love is Trouble

         His hair was fixed near perfect, not a strand out of place. His face smooth and clean, not a single flaw. His clothes were crisp and new, his family was not going to let him were anything used, not even his school uniform. And yet, despite his perfection, he was nervous beyond belief. Entering a new school was always nerve wreaking and this time was no different.

         The brunette had a lot to worry about, especially since he was gay. It was just not acceptable in their society, that was something he learned to accept and learned to keep himself in check.  He had told his parents, but they shrugged it off, telling him it was only a phase and that over time it would fade away. It never went away, instead the simple glances grew to full blown crushes.
         Over time, someone at school had eventually found out, there was no way he could’ve prepared for the onslaught. News had gotten around the school like a wildfire. At first people were skeptical, changing quickly into bullying the brunette. If he had not pretended like he didn’t understand where such ridicules accusations came from then it would’ve continued much longer. Soon the students calmed and things returned almost to normal. Though. there were those who still had their suspicions, but he was not going to give them the satisfaction of coming out. Not there, not to them.
         His father had received a promotion, which caused the family to relocate and a change of schools for him. With this change he could only hope that things remained calm, he didn’t want a repeat of the event. He didn’t think he’d be able to hold himself up again, not with people who didn’t know him. 
         The brunette sighed heavily as he looked himself over again in the full length mirror, not liking how the uniform gave him a slightly bulky appearance. With a small frown his mind began pointing out non-existent flaws. He had to shake the negative thoughts out of his head before he let them ruin his day before it even started. He couldn’t do this to himself anymore, it was becoming to much and he didn’t have the time. He already wasted too much worrying about his looks and if he continued he would be late.
Being late would not make a very good first impression with anybody. A bad impression was something he could not afford. Not now, not ever, it would cause too much troubled. He just had to wait another two years and he could be on his own and then it wouldn’t matter. He just had to survive the next year and a half.
 
         He was doing everything he possibly could to keep his nausea down, he hated being nervous. Now was not the time to let his nerves get the better of him,  nit while he was being lead to his new classroom. Keeping his mind busy with practicing his introduction, in hopes of calming himself down even just a little. Though he knew it was pointless to even practice his introduction, he figured he would would either forget everything he practices or he would stutter. Both would make him feel like a complete idiot and give him a bad reputation, but he knew it was going to be inevitable. And with each step closer he became more and more worried. his nerves were running amuck.
With his mind so clouded, he almost didn’t hear the teacher. Relying on instincts as he entered the room, his eyes immediately searching for some sort of focal point. Somewhere in the back of the room, a place where he wouldn’t catch the other students’ eyes, but still look like he was giving them all his attention.
         When the teacher had asked him to introduced himself, he had locked his eyes onto a painting, nothing spectacular, but it was a focal point. With a deep breath and a forced smile he bowed, “I am Kim Him Chan, please take care of me.”
          He breathed out a silent sigh of relief, he didn’t stutter or mess up his words. So far he was doing good, no one was laughing. His focal point had worked, though it didn’t make his smile anymore real. 
         “Ah, very good, Him Chan, you can sit...” The teacher looked around for a while, trying to remember which students were absent. “Ah, Yong Guk is there a free seat in your group?”
         A brunette answered with a surprisingly deep voice, “we have room we would just need an extra chair for when Sun Hwa comes back.”
         The old man nodded, “We’ll get one tomorrow. Uh, Him Chan you may go take a seat with with that group.”
         The brunette nodded before making his way to the back table. He wasn’t too happy about the seating arrangement but he supposed it would do. It wasn’t as though he hated people, he just hated when four people had to share one large desk. He should be glad they didn’t have to share a bench. 
         He slowly slipped into the empty seat at the end of the table when the teacher called out to the boy again, “uh, Yong Guk if you don’t mind would you be able to show Him Chan around the school?”
         “Sure, I’ll be glad to help,” the boy nodded with a gummy smile.
         Him Chan had to admit, the voice went to him, but the smile... He had to laugh at. It was a little hard to believe that such a cute smile belonged to someone would could make an onion cry.
         He almost jumped when the boy next to him tapped his shoulder. The other smiled when he noticed before whispering, “I’m Bang Yong Guk and this is Song Ji Eun. The other girl that sits with us is Han Sun Hwa, but she’s sick today. You’ll get to meet her soon.”
Him Chan nodded, “Kim Him Chan.”
         “I am seventeen, how old are you?” Yong Guk asked.
         “I am seventeen as well,” he decided to humor the boy and play twenty questions with him.
         “Ah,” he grinned as he nodded. “So we are the same age.”
         “It would seem so,” he forced a small smile to the boy who was trying to be friendly.
         The other continued, “what month were you born?”
         “April,” Him Chan answered simply.
         He didn’t know that the other’s smile could get so big. “Then I am your hyung. I was born in March.”
         To this Him Chan pouted, “you’re not that much older than me.”
         The elder chuckled softly, “still older than you.
         The younger smiled, with a mischievous glint in his eyes, “well then, hyung, shouldn’t you be setting a good example for me by listening to the teacher?”
         The other’s mouth dropped in slight shock, but then turned into another gummy smile; showing Him Chan that he was relatively good humored. The smile not dropping from his face as he turned his head slightly forward, his eyes still on Him Chan, “I guess I should. We’ll talk after class?”
         “You said you were going to show me around, didn’t you?” He smirked, allowing a soft laugh to escape. 
         ‘I should remember his name,’ Him Chan made a mental note. ‘Since I’m going to be sitting next to him for the rest of the year. He seems nice enough, but then again, everyone does at first.’
 
         Yong Guk waited patiently for the younger brunette to gather his things before leading the way out. “Is there a specific place you wanted to see first?”
         “I guess the library,” he said thoughtfully. “”Does this school have any music programs?”
         “Yeah, we actually have several courses, but I don’t know if they’ll accept anyone this late in the year.” The elder thought for a while, “you could ask the office, though I’m pretty sure you’d have to wait until next year to sign up and audition. You like studying music?”
         Him Chan nodded, “Id o, my previous school was music based. I learned to play several instruments there, traditional mainly.”
         “That’s cool,” the elder smiled. “I like experimenting with music myself, just my parents prefer I focus on my studies.”
         “It’s understandable,” he nodded in thought. “Your parents just want the best for you. They want you to have a stable future.”
         “I know,” Yong Guk sighed. Smiling sheepishly he continued, “I just would really like to do something with music. I love it. My parents think it’s just a phase but I don’t think it’s something I can grow out of.”
         The younger nodded with a soft smile, “I agree. So what do you like working with in music? I hope that made sense...”
         He chuckled, nodding his head letting the other know he knew what he meant. With a shrug he answered, “I like writing lyrics, I try to at least. I try to put in the needed emotion for them when I rap.”
         “Oh, you rap?” Him Chan asked. 
         The elder nodded, “yeah, I do some underground work.”
         “That’s interesting,” he smiled. “I would like to hear you perform.”
         Yong Guk smiled, “there’s actually something going on this weekend if you want to come. I could pick you up.”
         The other nodded, “sounds like fun.”
         “Yah, Yong Guk,” a voice called, sounding oddly familiar to Him Chan. “Where were you?”
         “Ah,” the elder brunette turned to face the person who called, “I’m showing the new guy around.”
         Him Chan turned to see a familiar face. He cocked his head to the side as he looked between them, noticeing the small differences, he nodded to himself when he finished making a mental note. 
         “This is Yong Nam,” Yong Guk smiled. “He’s my brother.”
         “Really, I couldn’t tell,” the younger smirked. 
         “Oh, attitude,” Yong Nam laughed. “I like him already."
         His brother nodded laughing, “He’s older than me. He does some underground work too, but he prefer a different style.”
         “I’m not that much older,” he glared softly. “And I rather not be in the same category as you. I don’t want my baby brother to be known as second place all his life.”
         “And here I thought brothers only fought with one another,” Him Chan spoke sarcastically, “but look at you two, so much love.”
         The elder of the twins laughed, “where did you find him?”
         “He sits next to me in class.” Yong Guk explained.
         “No, don’t worry, I don’t mind you both talking as though I wasn’t here.” the youngest continued.
         “Yah, let’s go eat,” Yong Nam laughed. “We can get to know...”
         “Him Chan,” he introduced himself. “Kim Him Chan.”
         The eldest smiled, “Let’s get to know Him Chan better in the cafeteria.”
 

Okay, first chapter... I realized that I didn't keep to most of what I had on my noteook lol. I also realized as I was writing the other chapters in my notebook. That Banghims story was a little short... Hmm.. Maybe I should also write Yong Guk's side of the story since, most of what I written was focused on Him Chan's side. Not sure though... 

What do you think I should do? Should I include Yong Guk's side? 

Hopefully you all liked it so far. XP even though its only the first Chapter lol. 

~Tenshi

NanasoulMhd: Sorry for the print size >.< Thank you for telling me. I'm sorry that it was so small... I was wondering why it looked funny.