Two

Headstrong

 

Suho delightfully introduced you to EXO one by one. That one bright smile never left your face while Suho had his arm around your shoulder & pointing at each of them. You felt happy meeting people since you think you’re one of those awkward freshmen who were born with poor socializing skills.

Hajin cleared all of a sudden from behind you.

Suho turned his head around & remembered Hajin was also there.“I almost forgot! This is Lee Hajin. Wonyi’s bestfriend.”

Hajin stepped forward & gave a slight wave & a little smile. You rolled your eyes as you watch her pull off her “shy” girl personality which appeared annoying to you.

Their reactions were as warm as the moment when Suho introduced you to them.

After a little introduction again, you all decided to take a walk around the fair.

“Hey, Wonyi!” Kai greeted.

“Hey Kai!” You greeted back.

“You & Hajin are both freshies, right?” He asked.

“Yeah, we are.” You nodded & adjusted your ponytail.

“Cool! Me too! We might be seeing each other in class then. Say… You dance really well! And I never thought someone would follow our choreography that easy. You see, we’ve been playing dares and—“

“Lay was it. Then?” You kept walking while you listen to him.

“Then it happened. You danced like you were practicing with us the past few weeks. How did you know the choreography?” He asked you & shot you a curious look. He couldn’t help but think how you knew all those.

“Suho taught me.” You smiled & tucked hair that was getting on your face behind your ears.

“Really? How did you do it so well if Suho taught you?” Kai kept on asking. It didn’t annoy you though. It was nice to talk to a guy who kept the conversation going.

“AYO!” Chanyeol swung his arm around Kai’s neck. “Our Kai seemed to be talking a lot to our new friend Wonyi today.”

“It’s freshman year, Chanyeol. We freshies need friends.” Kai replied causally.

“Well, I have you, them, Wonyi & Hajin. I think I’m good with that.” Chanyeol beamed. You smiled at him already considering you & Hajin as a friend even though you have just met. You just smiled at how different those guys were. Who knew a handsome guy with a very deep, manly voice be this warm & friendly?

“Anyways… I heard both of you talking about Suho hyung. How did you know each other by the way?” He continued.

“Suho’s my neighbor since we moved here when I was 11. His family is friends with mine so we’re really close. I call him as my non-biologcal brother.” You answered as you three stop by the field. You sat with crossed legs altogether on the grass & watched people as they play and run around joyfully.

You felt someone sit beside you & you looked up to see who it was. It was Lay smiling at you. Why does he keep doing that?

“Was it your first time to dance with a big crowd lately?” Lay asked.

“Uh-huh.”

“Seriously?” He laughed softly.

“Yeah! Do I look like a person who lies at the first meet?” You chuckled trying to keep it cool. You felt uneasy when near & talking to him unlike that comfortable feeling you felt with Kai & Chanyeol.

“You were amazing. Really.” He commented & nodded awkwardly.

You giggled. “Thank you. You too.”

“YAAAAH! YOU GUYS!” A voice shouted from behind.

You all turned your head around & saw the other EXO members running towards your direction.

“We… Got... Food…” D.O said panting & handed a paper bag to Lay.

D.O sat behind you & told Lay to pull out the burgers out of the paper bag. He gave you one then thanked him. The others gathered around & ate their own.

Their friendliness & bond made you think that your freshman year is going to be a blast.